• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Everyone

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
Hello my name is Kyonko, and I come from Ireland. I have been interested in Pokemon now for about 14 years or so, meaning yes I've been watching the anime since they were first aired over here (If anyone remembers the old SM:TV live programme that aired it you will know what I mean :))

I still believe that the first generation is the best but I do enjoy seeing new pokemon.

My dream team is:

Ditto
Steelix (1st gen link)
Raichu
Crobat (1st gen link)
Magnezone (1st gen link)
Dragonair.

IRL most people I know have 'grown out' of Pokemon but for me its still a childhood activity I enjoy doing. So I hope to meet new people and friends on here :D

Years
Heeey Kyonko, welcome to PC! :D Great to meet you~

So you're a fan of the Pokemon anime... can I hug you? I swear I barely see bigger fans around who still watch the show, so it's great to hear you're one as well! <33; We have a great Pokemon Anime section where you can talk about the anime so definitely stop by there whenever. I'll give you cookies if you do, hehe. Which generation of the show is your favorite? Are you keeping up with the Best Wishes N saga? I've been telling myself I'd watch it but each week I lazy out of doing that. You should give me a push so I can finally get that inspiration I need! It looks like it'll be an amazing season.

You can't grow out of Pokemon though, otherwise I'd probably have grown out of it long ago. I find myself still a child at heart so Pokemon is something I hope to never drop. After all, growing up's all on you. Are you interested in anything else outside Pokemon? Maybe I'll take this chance to ask what your username means; at first I read it as the Japanese name "Kyoko" but then noticed there was an N in there haha. It really sounds pretty so you made a good choice. :3

Have a great time on the forum and remember to read the rules! See you around! :D

Thereaperofdeath19

The Rookie
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
hello kyonko is great to meet you so you the new rookie haha i been here for almost 2 weeks and i still feel like 1 haha well still watch the anime? i do too for i mostly get them on the dvds so i plan to get all of them but man it is hard to look for a season you just can not find anyway is good to see you and have fun in this place talking about pokemon and stuff haha

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Kyonko!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! You don't see too many people from Ireland, so that's pretty cool that you're from there! I love the Irish. xD & wow! It seems like you've been a fan for a LONG time. I'm glad there are some older fans out there, too. I've been one since I was wee little, too.

I loved the first few seasons of the anime! I think after the Johto seasons ended, though, I kind of lost interest in the anime and haven't really seen anything past the Johto seasons. I do see episodes every now and then, though.

The first generation is definitely the best and always will be. It's just like a movie. The first movie in a series will always better than the movies created to continue it. Cool dream team, btw! I love, love, love Crobat and Dragonair, too!

& yeah, most people I know irl, too, have grown out of the games, but I still love and play each game like if I was still a kid. That excitement and enthusiasm will never leave me no matter what age I am. x) I'm glad you joined and I really do hope you enjoy your stay!

See you around!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi, Kyonko, and welcome to PC! And as the others suggested, there is a section which discuss about Pokemon Anime. And Pokecommunity also have numerous sections for you to find out! Have a nice time here, and happy Pokecommunitying!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
@ Cirno Yes you can have a hug :D I'll definite go to the anime section...for the cookie :P As for my favourite series I did enjoy Diamond & Pearl, Dawn was one of my favourite character in the anime. To be honest I've only watched bits of Black and White but do intend to sit down at some point to watch them. At the moment I'm rewatching ALL the episodes starting from the beginning, I'm on around the 70th episode (season 2) so its good to remember old episodes :D
Like yourself I'm still a child inside and will probably never drop Pokemon, infact if were to have children (2nd gen ;)) I would let them watch them as well.
And thank you for the complement on my username. Its not my real name as I prefer to keep that off the internet ;) Its actually from another anime but if you type the name into google you'll get a japanese school girl which my friends agree that I get on like her.

Hope to see you around :D
]

Hello reaper nice to meet you to :) We're all newbies at some point :P Yes I have seasons 1-15 on DVD as well because of my working hours I wouldn't be home when its on. So its makes things so much easier lol.

Hello Gyardosamped!!
To be fair I was like you and went off the anime around the same time as you but a few years ago I woke up and diamond and pearl was on. From there I started watching the series again :D Yes the first is definitely one of best but I haven't seen all the movies yet so I'll see how they go :)

Yes I went into my local game store, and they asked me straight away 'do you want Call of Dut y?' and I replied 'No I want a real mans game, a copy of Pokemon Black please' xD Your never too old to get excited about a new pokemon game :D Bring on X and Y!!

Thank you for making me welcome :)

Hello Wind Heart, thank you for the welcome and I do hope to check these sections out and interact with others on here :)

Just out of curiousity are there many people from Ireland on here?

Last edited:

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Yes there are a fair amount of members from Ireland. It all depends if you count people from the UK or not !

I've watched the Pokemon anime myself, but I am yet to get back to watching it !
I remember watching it as a child with the first season with Ash's butterfree being released and going to Sabrina's Gym etc. Oh the memories !

The gaming market in the UK is stupid. It's either CoD or Fifa.. that's what majority of people play and they're missing out on so many other good titles currently.

I recently got myself a copy of White, but I am yet to play it !

Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay !

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2013
Yes there are a fair amount of members from Ireland. It all depends if you count people from the UK or not !

I've watched the Pokemon anime myself, but I am yet to get back to watching it !
I remember watching it as a child with the first season with Ash's butterfree being released and going to Sabrina's Gym etc. Oh the memories !

The gaming market in the UK is stupid. It's either CoD or Fifa.. that's what majority of people play and they're missing out on so many other good titles currently.

I recently got myself a copy of White, but I am yet to play it !

Make yourself at home and enjoy your stay !

Thats good to know, because usually when I see something like 'Pokemon Meet UK' its across the water D:

Yes they were good parts of the orginial :D

As for the gaming market here, you've nailed it on the head, because thats all people on my friends list (both PS3 and 360) seem to be playing. So I'm happy to play something different from everyone else :)

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Indeed, that water can be an issue. Need that SS Poke-community !
Feel free to add me on Xbox live if you wish ! I play all sorts of games on my Xbox 360, but I am mainly a PC gamer more than anything =p !
I recently got Pokemon White and I need to start playing it >_>

Back