• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comments on this story idea?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Well, I haven't written Pokemon fan-fiction in years but I want to start up again.

Now, it IS going to be an original trainer fic, I guess. Don't press your back button yet. >_>

I plan on putting the entire story of the Pokemon's point of view. Every chapter is a different Pokemon (The trainer won't have 438843 Pokemon, it'll stick to about 6-10 or something.), each with their own personality, history, and so on. It's never really in trainer point of view unless really needed. As for the trainer, he'll probably be from the Orange Islands and willingly travel on boat to whatever region I decide to do, and he'll go from there.

This way, I can give readers more detail on what Pokemon feel when trying to be captured, how it feels on battling and when it is in battle, entering contests, etc. Of course, every Pokemon has a different reaction to everything, so it won't ever really be too repetitive.

I'm asking if this would be interesting, too boring, or if there's just not enough detail here to tell.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I, for one, am interested in a fic done like this. It's rare to find an Original Trainer fic that is done from the Pokemon's point of view. (Or I'm just not looking hard enough.)

But yes, at least one person is interested and is willing to read it. And one person is at least better than none, neh?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Thanks for replying. I've been working on the characters lately.

From the looks of it, not many people here are interested in Pokemon fanfiction either. o=

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
True, and even fewer seem to have an intrest in posting. T_T Anyways, I agree that this fic idea sounds intresting. Make sure you don't go overboard with the number of perspectives, though, otherwise it might get a bit too disorienting. x3

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
True, and even fewer seem to have an intrest in posting. T_T Anyways, I agree that this fic idea sounds intresting. Make sure you don't go overboard with the number of perspectives, though, otherwise it might get a bit too disorienting. x3

You mean don't use too many Pokemon's point of view or..?

Nigma

~Witch~
Years
I agree with Alter. You should write the story as you like and don´t let too much other change the story or the characters. You should listen to everyone what they would do, and think it all over. If you have the right idea to do it, just create your own little world in the fan fiction. Never let anyone touch your idea or something else OK? I have no repliers to my fan fiction, but that´s ok...

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I agree with Alter. You should write the story as you like and don´t let too much other change the story or the characters. You should listen to everyone what they would do, and think it all over. If you have the right idea to do it, just create your own little world in the fan fiction. Never let anyone touch your idea or something else OK? I have no repliers to my fan fiction, but that´s ok...

What's the link to yours then? I'll read it when I have time.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
I think the closest thing done from a Pokemon's perspective is Pikachu's Diary that I read awhile ago. I remember it being pretty entertaining. I look forward to seeing what it's like.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
Meh, I forgot this thread existed.

Anyway, I started trying to write it, but I like writing oneshots from Pokemon POV a hella lot more (refer to links in sig). I don't have to wait to write something until I get to a certain city. And, I don't have to focus on the main six pokemon the trainer has. Maybe, one day, I'll try again.

Last edited:
Back