• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Four Years On, Four Years Gone

Years
Hello, PC.

I joined in '04. I had a beautiful time here, and I still talk to some of the friends I met back then. I was a staff member for a while, then college took me away.

I was a diehard Pokémon fan up to the days of Gold and Silver. I joined when I had not a great interest in it, but I stayed because of the incredible friendships I made, until everyone I loved started fleeing. Back in '09, they took my position as an AA due to inactivity—I was actually coping with a drug-addict roomate in my first semester at college, back then! PC was no longer a priority. But I can never forget some of the old names. Andy, Jake, Erica, Audy, for instance. We never talked too much. Morkula, if you're still around, Geoff, I still love and remember you lots, man. Then there was Dakota, Kylie, Chairman Kaga, Sillent Tattsu (nobody ever heard of her again, and I still miss her terribly) Going way back, legendary_pokégirl, oni_flygon, Castrainer, girlgenius... I still daily see their Facebook updates, and can't believe we met such a long time ago, when they were all some of the finest member PC has ever had. But I'm babbling too much—And I cannot name all the people.

In four years, I've become a guitarist, cinematographer, and magazine writer. I've lived in Japan for 7 months. Now I'm finishing my last six months at university and then I will head to Mexico City to work for a friend's animation studio, start my own audio—visual studio and make a name for myself as a session guitarist and musician.

If there's anybody who still remembers the young Mexican boy who joined—asking with horrible English, for a date on the next Pokémon movie, and left as the veteran writer with the weird name (I actually learned English at PC! I couldn't have attended an American university had I not joined.) and still think of him as a friend, please respond and know that I am mainly here as a visitor, to rekindle those moth—eaten friendships, still talk to the people that made my life much brighter, day after day, all those years ago.

Reactions: Cid

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I've heard a lot of good things about you, welcome back! Although I never got to know you (I wasn't around a lot back then!), I'd sure love to get to know you now. And...yeah, welcome to the forums! Chuck me a VM or a PM if you want to talk!

See you around.

Years
I heard loads about you, and it's time you came back to the PC you loved.

I may not have been around when you were a badass Assistant Admin, but with a username like that you must have been awesome. I know how much college impacts on our activity here but we're glad you came back.

New members have joined and new staff were appointed during your 4-year absence, and new features and skins were implemented, but we're still the same old PC.

Have fun, and feel free to get back to what you were doing best, being a proud member.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
OH HEEYY!!! WOW this was a surprise!! You're back! Welcome back!! It's really good to see you around again! Dunno if you remember me, but I definitely remember you!
I graduated animation and I'm working at a games studio so we're not too different! Good luck with starting up your own studio, I wish you a lot of success :3 Seems like you've accomplished a lot in the few years you were away so it's really great to hear!

Anyways, yeah welcome back! :3

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
Welcome Back !
This account i'm on now is a newish one, but i had an account way back when ! I remember you as a Staff Member.
Good to see you're back

Years
I only became active in 2011 but also do remember you quite a bit (from my short spurs of activity days in 2007-2008), so this is a big surprise! Welcome back the forum and I'll be crossing my fingers that you do stay for a while this time, since you had quite a big presence here in the past.

How were those seven months spent in Japan? I was considering going there for study abroad in summer of this year so I'm always looking for recommendations from people who have experienced it. It really is such a beautiful country, though. <3 Anyway, I've never spoken with you personally here on PokeCommunity, but that can always be changed. A couple of the names you mentioned aren't active members anymore but there are a lot of wonderful people who joined later down the road that I'm sure you'd have a great time talking with. That and I'm sure there are lots of old-timers in hiding on the forum as well who will definitely remember you, some of who have posted already here already!

I'm honestly still surprised to see this as I type but it really is such a pleasant surprise. Reading what you wrote makes me glad to say I was a part of this forum. :D You obviously know your way around this place so that's all I can say, but I'll repeat that it's wonderful to see you back!

Years
Japan was beautiful, that's all I can say. Please don't hesitate to ask me if you need advice on anything, especially if you're traveling to the Kansai area.

Thanks everyone for your kind welcome. I'm sorry if I don't remember you well, but I'm terrible with names. I'm not sure if I will manage to stay active at the forums but I will certainly respond and talk to whoever wants to chat, through here or through FB. PC will always be special to me!

droomph

weeb
Years
HI I'VE HEARD LOTS ABOUT YOU.

NOW PLESS STAY, BECAUSE…I DON'T KNOW. OLD PEOPLE ARE FUN TO BE AROUND?

HIIIIIII

I hope you stay around and meet all the good boys that have joined since!

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
Years
Wow long time , I been aways as well nice to see old members apperaing ^_^ Welcome Back ~

Cid

Years
You're back! I remember you from way back while I was under my old username EnirevTux. Awesome. :3

Those names you mentioned, they certainly ring a few bells. They come from the same time of PC as you, some have left if I'm not mistaken. :< I certainly hope you eventually catch up with how Jake, Erica, Audy and Morkula's lives have been soon! Because this place must hold so much memories for you. From how short my activity has been here relative to my account's age, I'm kinda jealous, haha. But I know you guys had fun, and that's all for yours to have as circumstance puts it.

Also, you've accomplished a lot of great things! I always looked up to you before as a PC member, but knowing that you're already so far into your career certainly adds to that. I mean having so much stuff self-professed, having these awesome plans in the future that's almost certain to take you even higher, and being able to go to Japan— these are just inspirational. Especially that last bit. My family's really connected to Japan, everyone but me. u_u My brother was born there, my dad got his doctorate degree there, my mother taught Japanese as an occupation even, after being there with my dad and siblings before I was born. As for me, I only saw the light of day after everyone pretty much called it a day and went home from Japan. But yeah, haha, it's been my dream to connect myself to that country when I see so much of it at home, and when my dad always has these trips to and fro Japan for his work. What better way than to study there, so that's certainly something I'm looking into doing eventually, after university. I heard they have good physics facilities there, so that makes it even more captivating.

I can relate when you say that you learned English here, PC's been pretty much the backbone of how mildly proficient my English is. I suppose PC does that to people who aren't native English speakers, haha. But yeah, I'm glad you came back, even if you can't be as active as you did before. Really, I wish everyone from before remembered this forum and just came back like you did. But really, I'm just happy to have you back with us. I really hope you do great things in your life from here on out. And make everyone proud.

Years
Thanks for your kind replies, guys. I don't know if I belong here anymore, meaning that I probably will not have much to say around. I came back looking for people whom I can talk to oustide of PC as well.

I'm glad I left such an impression when I left, like I said, PC is one of my fondest memories. Thanks a lot, guys!

Reactions: Cid
Back