• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
That previous Nintendo E3 list is most indeed fake. It lists Hyrule Warriors release date as June 27, 2014. But, Famitsu has reported that Hyrule Warriors release date for Japan is going to be August 14th, 2014.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Taken from a news article on GBAtemp of an interview regarding SoulCalibur Lost Swords

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about Lost Swords?

Masaaki Hoshino, Producer: So SoulCalibur: Lost Swords will be the first in the franchise to be a free-to-play model. Unlike previous installments of the franchise, this time around, we're looking at a single-player experience where it's built around customization and really molding the character to fit your play style.

Q: Why was it decided that Lost Swords would be singleplayer only?

The reason that we went singleplayer…well, originally, we were thinking about having a multiplayer option, but because we're going with a pay-to-win model, we were worried that by having online multiplayer, for all the new users that would be coming in experiencing the game for the first time, they might be immediately deterred by fighting against opponents who had superior equipment and gear—and we didn't want to have that kind of negative impact on new players.

I...wow. I've never seen a company be so out front about being pay-to-win. The concept actually seemed pretty interesting until then, what with molding a character to your playstyle, but...wow. Guess I'll just wait for SCVI, then.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I...wow. I've never seen a company be so out front about being pay-to-win. The concept actually seemed pretty interesting until then, what with molding a character to your playstyle, but...wow. Guess I'll just wait for SCVI, then.
I'm not terribly into the idea either. But what I really don't get about the excerpt is that it says:

Masaaki Hoshino, Producer: So SoulCalibur: Lost Swords will be the first in the franchise to be a free-to-play model.

and then says:
we're going with a pay-to-win model

Free to play =/= pay to win. Which is it, Hoshino?

Years
Both? You get to play for free but you need to pay to win =D

Before getting a credit card, I never understood that model, but now I'm actually looking for the in-game stores XD It's probably not the fairest model out there, but I only look for them for beautiful looking armour :3

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Before getting a credit card, I never understood that model, but now I'm actually looking for the in-game stores XD It's probably not the fairest model out there, but I only look for them for beautiful looking armour :3
I'm that way with Soul Calibur, and I really don't like it. I've never been a fan of the idea of paying high prices for DLC, especially when it deals with things that appetize me, such as customization options and the like (and Bamco really exploits this, knowing that SC's character creation is as good as it is). But the problem here is that it's not only F2P2W, but there's no multiplayer because it's F2P2W.

...Well, it's a problem that it's F2P2W to begin with, really.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
I havent played a SC game since 2, But my brother sold it fairly quick so I never finished the tournament aspect

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hm… I don't think I've ever played StarCraft, unfortunately. :( I did watch some gameplay videos of it before, and they seemed pretty interesting. Might have to give this series a go at some point.

TY

I think they meant Soul Calibur with SC, not StarCraft xD

Seeing the topic going from Soul Calibur to StarCraft... That confusion can happen :P
Though you will need a pretty decent PC/laptop to play StarCraft II without any framedrops.

Years
Everyone told me to get Starcraft when it came out. It looks good, but I never had enough space om my home PC to run it

TY

It quite takes up a lot of space tbh. Around 17GB (even more when you install extra languages) and if you have a terrible download speed you are gonna have a bad time installing it :x

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I think they meant Soul Calibur with SC, not StarCraft xD

Seeing the topic going from Soul Calibur to StarCraft... That confusion can happen :P
Though you will need a pretty decent PC/laptop to play StarCraft II without any framedrops.

Oh, whoops. Should have payed more attention, haha. Anyway, my laptop's doesn't have that much space available, and it's not too huge in RAM, either, so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to run it. :( Sometimes, it even has problems running GBA emulators.

TY

Oh, whoops. Should have payed more attention, haha. Anyway, my laptop's doesn't have that much space available, and it's not too huge in RAM, either, so I'm not sure if I'll even be able to run it. :( Sometimes, it even has problems running GBA emulators.

It depends... If you have at least 4GB of RAM and a good graphics card and a dual core processor (though a quad core is advised) you can run it pretty well.

Years
So I played Watch_Dogs, and it's interesting. Not $60 fun, though, I'd say it's probably worth it for $30.

Hm, by the looks of it, that's probably true \: The concept still seems interesting to me though, so I'll satisfy myself with watching streams for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back