• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Scientist revised

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 22, 2010
Below is the walk through and synopsis I've posted for Pokemon Scientist and it's been significantly edited and expanded. Unfortunately plot writing is my only strength at the moment, so if you like what you see please let me know if you would want to be on a team with me thank you. I'm dedicated to finishing a full scale plot so all I need is some help bringing my ideas to life.

Team so far: Bards Sword (dialogue) Starrmyt (Spriting) Carmaniac (mapping) Funderkitty07 (Plot Design)

Synopsis: In the aftermath of the Grand War between the four famous Pokemon regions (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh), you are the young Professor Oak. You live in Kanto under the rule of a dictator who citizens know only as The Caller. Pokemon Science is forbidden and only a few species of Pokemon are permitted to people as pets. Your life is status quo until Dr. Fuji and his apprentice Blaine recruit you into the Pokenitiative to bring Pokemon catching, battling and discovering back to Kanto. This is how it all begins. This is Pokemon: the Scientist.

Below is the walk through in progress for Pokemon: The Scientist. Please keep checking back here for updates.

Pokemon: The Scientist
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 22, 2010
I think it would be appropriate to welcome Bards Sword and Starrmyt to Pokemon The Scientist. Bards Sword writes very realistic dialogue, which is extremely rare for any Pokemon game, hack or original, and Starrmyt's work with Spriting can be described as nothing short of real talent. Also, be sure check out their game Pokemon Helio!

Pokemon The Scientist still needs a team so let me know if you're interested, but it also needs your honest feedback to build in the right direction. ANY feedback is welcome, positive or negative, just as long as it's constructive. Your feedback will only help this game to improve to its full potential. Thank you

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
O.K. PM me when you need a map made, just give a small description of the way you need the map and I can get it done.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Hmkay....not my best, but I sorta put together a rough draft of the Turtwig sprite, done in 3rd gen style with 4th gen colors.

turtwigscratch.png

Starrcasm

Years
Hokay....three new sprites! [Crit welcome]

I dislike the Shinx...i think I left something out...
Shinx_Scratch_Sprite_by_Starrmyt.png

Snover_Scratch_Sprite_by_Starrmyt.png

OH damn. I forgot a bit of WBG in the Munchlax. Ah well. It's supposed to be looking at the opposing pokemon [lower left,] but it kinda came out looking like it was staring straight at the viewer. :-/
Munchlax_Scratch_Sprite_by_Starrmyt.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
I can obviously tell your talented with it you just need a bit more work.
The faces look a bit disfigured on some.
Snover looks perfect and munchlax looks good to.
Good job overall.

Starrcasm

Years
I've just picked up spriting again...so I don't really consider myself amazing...or even very good. I'm impressed at myself, but there is always room to improve.

With that said, I give you; Buneary!

Buneary_Scratch_Sprite_by_Starrmyt.png

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
beautifully done. I really like shinx and bunearys pose is very well done.

Starrcasm

Years
I still hate the Azurill. Like, i HATE it. Hate it hate it hate it.

Well, I've decided to go for the older pokemon instead of the newer ones. I hope you don't mind. I don't want you to use any Nintendo sprites in this game, as it makes it look...non-professional.

So...next up; Vulpix and Qwilfish [will be done tomorrow(?)]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 22, 2010
hey I like Qwilfish but I can't really decide whether Vulpix is cute or not. I don't know if you heard about out mapmaker, but his computer was hit by a virus so it's going to take him a few days to recoop

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I had to look twice before I noticed Vulpix's face there. It's not where you'd expect it to be.

Starrcasm

Years
I thought the same thing when I zoomed out on the Vulpix, Maruno. XD

also, I was wondering--how soon after this do the events in Pokemon: 4Ever occur? Because Oak is a child there, and he doesn't seem to be traumatized by war. Just a question. This may conflict with your ideas, but idk.

Back