• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
I'm really liking some of the minigames, I dont know how you did the hammer minigame.
But it's really something to be proud of, also a way to get hidden items and fossils.
I've saw many of those caves in beta 4 with a huge rock infront of the entrance.
Are some of the minigames located there? probally a few I guess.
I'm really getting the nerve to start playin beta 5.
But I dont want to spoil the game so I wait till your finished.
Seriously good luck with this project. =)

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
When people in this thread mention putting their games on "flash carts", do they mean like a regular GBA cartridge?

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
When people in this thread mention putting their games on "flash carts", do they mean like a regular GBA cartridge?

Yep, that's the one and it also means that you are pirating the game (if you sell them, with a box)

and, hiya zel! I like the new mini-game ^^ the hammer is so cute

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Yep, that's the one and it also means that you are pirating the game (if you sell them, with a box)

But what I was thinking was putting it onto one for convenience...not to sell. Still illegal?

Years
A Flash Cart is a game cartridge like GBA or DS that holds more than one game and you choose which one to play when you turn on the Gameboy. These are illegal.

But when people say Flash 128k or something that is just a save type on the GBA Emulator.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
Eh well anyways more on topic: So there's Beta 6, Beta 7, and then the glitches to still be done. So is it gonna be like still another year before this is FULLY done?

Gumbyx84

Underused Pokemon Project Ldr
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2023
No no no! Flash carts aren't illegal

A Flash Cart is a game cartridge like GBA or DS that holds more than one game and you choose which one to play when you turn on the Gameboy. These are illegal.

But when people say Flash 128k or something that is just a save type on the GBA Emulator.

Flash carts aren't illegal! If they are, then emulators are illegal also as they run ROMs also. The act of pirating is illegal. The use of a flash cart to play illegal ROMs is illegal. Owning a flash cart is NOT ILLEGAL.....

Sorry I just get frustrated when people say that. Just because flash carts are mostly used by pirates doesn't mean they are bad. I used one (and still do) to work on and use homebrew apps. I also use it so I only have to bring one cart with me and still have most of my games available. If they were illegal, they wouldn't be sold so prominently online. [Mods, please don't yell at me for is analogy] Its the same as bongs not being illegal. The use of them to smoke illegeal substances is what make them illegal.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
Solution to bad Nintendo logo on Flash card

Hi people. I had a problan than some people had in their flash carts: the Nintendo logo at starting the rom is bad.

The solution is that:

1st: You need these tools:
GBA Header tool, GBA Tool Advance, A rom with a good logo (like the Fire red base)
and the bad rom. I can't post the links because I haven't make a minimmum number of posts and put the rom base is illegal.

2nd: When you have all these things start:
Open the Header tool and select the bad rom
In the tool with the bad rom opened go to the last option and select copy header.
Select the rom base and wait a moment, you'll have the nintendo logo repaired.

But now is another problem: you can't save.

3rd and last:
Open the GbaTA and select the bad rom, goto sram patcher and select the directory of the new rom.Click patch and the new rom will be playable^^.

If you didn't understand anything or something, sorry, I'm Spanish and 12 years old (I didn't used a translator)

PS: Zel, if you can or if you want put it in the first post (don't need credit).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Enough talking about flashcards, pirating and that sort of stuff, ok? Focus on asking stuff about the game. Thanks.

Secondly, love the Minigame. It's interesting but a little slow...maybe if you made all the choices at the start and gave the person like a few lives in case they slip up. Is that even possible? Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, just that seems like a way to speed it up.

Well, considering the importance of the rewards I guess anyone can get used to the system of the minigame, as it is. I also didnt like the idea of giving "lives" to the player, because that'd make the game a bit too easy, and again, considering that you can get a stat booster quite early, didnt want to make it too easy.

About Carlos dialogues, it's just fine, i'm sick and tired of "this is for tiny kids" thing about pokemon, if i ever make an hack it will be with a teen character... Just dont turn shinygold into a Quartz part 2 okay zel? It's fine the way it is, keep the status quo.
Speaking of dialogues... i'm just waiting to see how Amelia's gonna be... I hate soapoperas but i really like the way you're builing the story ;)

The minigame is awsome man, very well built, you keep startling me with your scripting miracles, you are a genious in that field. Altough it's a bit disappointing in the reward field, maybe you could switch the PP Up with a PP Max? It will still have that 1/6 probability, wich is not much...

No way it'll become a Quartz in that aspect, though I enjoyed that aspect from the game XD
Just in case you are expecting Amelia and Gold to get married, I assure you that wont happen... XD

PPMax so early in the game is a no no. You can get as many PP Ups as you want, so, it's kinda the same thing.
I'm not making the minigames as if they were cheats for you to take advantage of them, that's for sure.

Is most of the mini games are in beta 6? Just asking. Or some mini games in beta 6?

All the stuff I've been showing up will be included in the next release.

there is some great pokemon GSC music on PokeRemixStudio's account on U-Tube.

Too bad they sound too good, I'm sure they are MP3s or something like that, and we work with midis (which gives us less quality, but it's the only way to insert them into the game), so I cannot use those.

so zel/zels team any ideas wat legends will be in the next beta and i think this was already answered but how far will this one go

Lugia and you'll get another legendary. And you'll see two others that you cannot get yet. Yeah, I'm not gonna be specific.

Anyway, it's going to be a killer to add every Gold/Silver parts in, so are you going to drop some minor parts to make the hack releases to be released faster and to fit more room in for major parts? And if you do, which parts are you dropping?

I really cant say which parts I'll drop and which I'll keep (parts = features, right?), I'd like to keep everything, but you know that some cannot be done, while others are really hard to do. I'll see what I can do about them as the development progresses.

Can i make a suggestion to the SGX could you make the wild Pokemon i bit more high leveled just using the trainers is not a lot of experience and the town maps is a little erratic i have tried to under stand it but i cant it is clearly johto but if i go in to union cave it says i am in Violet city

Keeping the original levels is something that just increases the difficulty of training. It was something that was intentional.

The world map is still not 100% finished.

Hi Zel.
Great game, great plot, but already know that=)
I've got some sugestions.

- On the mewtwo event is it possible for you to make mew come and help, so the battle would be Mew vs Mewtwo... (i think i've heard that before... =P)
- I'm Portuguese an i'm thinking of start translating the ROM, is that ok with you?
- I don't if this glitch is because i use a emulator on me Cel phone, but the flying thingy on the map it's missing for Lavender and cherrygrove.
- If you make some interaction with one ofe the legendary pkmn like one of them helping us in a event that will be cool.

I'm sorry if some of my suggestions are repeated.

Keep the amazing work you've doing!

-Already implemented, dont want to change that.
-I dont have problems. Anyone can start their own translations. I'm not looking for official translations.
-Not a problem, we dont have enough flyposts
-I dont know what means "helping us", because as you know for Pokemon battles you'd need to have it captured. Unless you mean something like "X legendary overwold comes and beats someone and then leaves", if it's that, I dont know, I have most of the legendaries events already planned, I'll give some thought to that.

One more thing. I just read on a site that if you HYPOTHETICALLY got this on a cartridge, you could trade with FR/LG. I assume this is a lie but I figured I'd ask anyway.

It would work. At least with two VBA's works :P

Wow!

I just looked at the Radio script. That must have taken a seriously long time to write!

I'm still not happy with "who do you want to call" vs. "whom do you want to call" which is what it should be... ;)

Whom... Who, what does it matter? Besides I already fixed that, enough already -_-

I've saw many of those caves in beta 4 with a huge rock infront of the entrance.
Are some of the minigames located there? probally a few I guess.
I'm really getting the nerve to start playin beta 5.
But I dont want to spoil the game so I wait till your finished.
Seriously good luck with this project. =)

No, I'm putting the minigames locations on places that werent blocked by rocks. The rocks only lead to legendaries or something else.

That means that MarioRPG had a cute hammer, then :laugh:

[EDIT]: In fact, the hammer was from the Mario&Luigi RPG (GBA), but yeah, MarioRPGs (specially the M&L) have the most original and funny minigames and features of the RPG history :P

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
That means that MarioRPG had a cute hammer, then :laugh:

...when I saw the River Minigame, I said "Hey, this looks like the Midas River in Mario RPG!"

I guess we discovered the source of inspiration for your minigames XD

Gumbyx84

Underused Pokemon Project Ldr
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2023
Sorry Zel. Didn't mean to start a morals war in your thread.

Originally Posted by magikarp HAX
there is some great pokemon GSC music on PokeRemixStudio's account on U-Tube.

Too bad they sound too good, I'm sure they are MP3s or something like that, and we work with midis (which gives us less quality, but it's the only way to insert them into the game), so I cannot use those.

There are ways to convert those mp3s to MIDI format though right? Or will that just kill the greatness of the new music?

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
So... now we know that the river minigame will be early in the game hehehe (zel: oh ****... XD)
Marry? what does that mean? I dont know what that is....

And what about screenies? I know other ppl been asking, and i don't want to annoy, but WE ARE IN NEED XD
Also, neither i or (i think) zel are spriters, so if any of them could do it, a big(2x2) kahngaskan sprite (for the mother in the rock tunnel) would be useful, if zel's in favour of it.

And zel... be honoured
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shiny_Gold#Pok.C3.A9mon_ShinyGold

**falls through ceiling**

woah. Hey all! Long time no see (again). Looks like while I've been away, Zel's been working on the hack like mad! The minigames look amazing! You put other hackers to shame XD

By the way, have the beta releases always been yearly? I only arrived sorta mid beta 4-5 time so i dunno.

Anyways, nice to see everyone again, and it's good (cough cough) to see that people still don't read the F&Qs!

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2009
Okay, I think I figured it out now.

Hey, was it you guys who made that awesome version of Necron's theme at the end?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
Just downloaded this, and it is quite excellent. The scope of it amazes me, you've put some real work into it.

I've only played a little bit so far. Only negative thing I've noticed is that the music is occasionally slightly static-y, though that might be because there are small FPS drops here and there.

5 out of 5 mudkipz!

Back