• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

tnfsf11

I just played Snakewood on my PC & it was fine but when I tried playing it on Gpsp (emulator for PSP) it won't open, all I get is a white screen when I open the file.
I made an entry for it in the configuration file to make sure the flash type is 128K but it still won't work.
I'm sure it's not a problem in my emulator as it played the base ruby file I used and many other hacks from this forum without problems...

Any ideas? Any help is appreciated

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2013
Help!, do someone know any program that can edit the attack images?, i really need to do that for my rom hack, please help!

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2016
How can I change the intro of the game? I want to make my own short animation to replace it (The game is Pokemon Emerald).

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
Hey, I got 2 questions concerning Advance Text(Rom is Firered BPRE):
1)Where do you find the beginning text with the Pikachu? I´ve looked everywhere but haven´t found it.
2)When I want to write longer dialogs than before it says something like I should repoint. Is this in any way dangerous/can I revert back or change it again then?
Thanks for any advice.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, I got 2 questions concerning Advance Text(Rom is Firered BPRE):
1)Where do you find the beginning text with the Pikachu? I´ve looked everywhere but haven´t found it.
2)When I want to write longer dialogs than before it says something like I should repoint. Is this in any way dangerous/can I revert back or change it again then?
Thanks for any advice.
1) This intro text must be done by hex editing. There were tutorials, I remember doing this according to one.
2) You can repoint if you only have the sentence in one script, then there will be no problems, if the sentence is mapped onto more scripts it may be tricky... but overally, repointing does not do a harm.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Hello, I'm playing Pokemon Heart Gold and everytime I fight and make my opponent's Pokemon faint, It freezes. It also freezes when I change my Shaymin to Sky Forme. I'm using No$Zoomer (This problem never happened when I used No$Gba but it Crashes randomly.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello, I'm playing Pokemon Heart Gold and everytime I fight and make my opponent's Pokemon faint, It freezes. It also freezes when I change my Shaymin to Sky Forme. I'm using No$Zoomer (This problem never happened when I used No$Gba but it Crashes randomly.
Is it possible for you to use DeSmuME instead of No$?
DeSmuME works much better with newer games.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years

I know the solution to your problem:

On NoZoomer, go to No$Gba->Options->Emulation Setup ans set the Sound Output Mode to Digital Mono

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
ive been trying to make my own ROM and ive gotten to know a bit about scripting
and i went to learn about battles like the zapdos one in FR/LG so i tried a zapdos in pallet town and the clip i was watching to help me ( a tutorial ) type in the commad :

removespirite 0x800F

he was using slowpoke as an example so how do i know the spirite number of zapdos?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ive been trying to make my own ROM and ive gotten to know a bit about scripting
and i went to learn about battles like the zapdos one in FR/LG so i tried a zapdos in pallet town and the clip i was watching to help me ( a tutorial ) type in the commad :

removespirite 0x800F

he was using slowpoke as an example so how do i know the spirite number of zapdos?
This is not the right place where to ask ROM Hacking questions ;)
The right place is ROM hacking section itself.
But I'll answer... the removesprite 0x800F is same as removesprite LASTTALKED (which was more understandable to beginning hackers...) so simply said, it removes the OW sprite that played last talked to.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
This is not the right place where to ask ROM Hacking questions ;)
The right place is ROM hacking section itself.
But I'll answer... the removesprite 0x800F is same as removesprite LASTTALKED (which was more understandable to beginning hackers...) so simply said, it removes the OW sprite that played last talked to.

thanks , and i will keep that in mind the next im asking a question
thanks a bunch :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2013
Guys i have a very important question. I have a mobile that plays with emulator GB GBC. Can you tell me where i find all the hacked games in a GB-GBC format? I have found so far:

Pokemon: Brown(bugs: cant heal to PC, use escape rope, when blackout its stucks), Aqua, Eon.

I dont want other formats because my mobile emulator doesnt understand them :( thank you. :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Thanks for Answering my First Question, Using Stereo Mono really makes the freezing disappear. But, my next Problem is when I save my Game and exit No$Zoomer, The Continue Option makes me go back to the 7th Gym (I already finished it and I have to go back to Goldenrod because Team Rocket Attacked.)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Guys i have a very important question. I have a mobile that plays with emulator GB GBC. Can you tell me where i find all the hacked games in a GB-GBC format? I have found so far:

Pokemon: Brown(bugs: cant heal to PC, use escape rope, when blackout its stucks), Aqua, Eon.

I dont want other formats because my mobile emulator doesnt understand them :( thank you. :)
Again... this is not good thread for ROM hacking related questions.
As for yours, not many hackers hack 1st/2nd generation games as there are less tools than on 3rd generation games.
As the poster above, you will find your answer in ROM hacking section.
Just search for threads with R/B/Y/G/S/C oriented hacks.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Thanks for Answering my First Question, Using Stereo Mono really makes the freezing disappear. But, my next Problem is when I save my Game and exit No$Zoomer, The Continue Option makes me go back to the 7th Gym (I already finished it and I have to go back to Goldenrod because Team Rocket Attacked.)

After saving, did the Emulator showed an error like Microwave in failure or the rom crashed?

If yes, then at the time of saving, when it shows PLAYER saved the game close the game at PLAYER saved, just not let it finish. It will keep your game saved.

Also if you encounter errors like these while playing the game, put the 2 files that there are in the attachment in the No$GBA folder.

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I'm looking at this one called Snakewood, and I have a few questions
Am I allowed to just use this to play?
Why does it say it's still a Zip file? It's not in a folder...

Okay more details;

It says my VBA doesn't read it. It also won't read LPS and UPS, I don't really know what those are... I have played Pokemon roms before but I never used LPS or UPS.

My VBA reads my old files which are the same format as the Snakewood
I just really want to play some new roms!

TweenyTodd

Quitting cuz i got a job
Years
Snakewood is an IPs file. PC doesn't allow people to give away ROMs or link to ROMs. This is countered by patched files. What you need is Lunar IPS, and a Ruby ROM.

Years
Okay I need help searching for a certain tool. If I recall, there was a tool that allowed you to edit the fonts of the Gen III games. However I can't seem to find it, and I am trying to change Ruby's font into D/P/Pt. style fonts. Where is a good place to start?

Back