• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm gonna quit my challenge on Omega, it's so boring since I've already played through it. ;-;

I'm gonna restart the challenge on Pokemon Emerald, Kanto Edition. n_n

Already finished update #1

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Pokemon List
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You may not use held items.
You may not use items to heal yourself
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
Make comics of your challenge and have fun! (strongly recommended) I may do this one if I can work out the best way to do it.

I will be doing this on Fire Red first and then maybe try all generations with all rules, who knows

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke

Update 1

Name: CASEY
Rival: SIGMUND
Starter: KANAKO the Totodile ♀

-SIGMUND defeated by KANAKO (Lv. 7)
-FALKNER solo'd by KANAKO (Lv. 12)
-SIGMUND's Bayleaf murders ERIKA (Lv. 10)
-KANAKO evolves in Ilex Forest
-BUGSY solo'd by KANAKO (Lv. 18)

Encounter List
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

RIP
Spoiler:

yaminokaabii

^ It means Kirby of Darkness.
Years
I think I'll finally dig out my DSi again....

Username: yaminokaabii
Game: Platinum
Optional: Nickname all Pokes, blackout is game over, SET battle style, no duplicates

EDIT: Erm, Update 1?

Just defeated the Oreburgh Gym. Psyched and King Kong wiped the floor of it. I'm too lazy to go any farther today.

Current Party:
Spoiler:

First Encounters:
Spoiler:

Deceased:
Spoiler:

Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Update #2! n_n

Gym Leaders
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Pokemon List
Spoiler:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Username: Polizard
Game: Black

I am following all main rules and will be following the following optional rules:

You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
A black out is game over.
Can only use Pokeballs.
Can not use hold items.
You may not use or capture legendary Pokemon.

Update 1:
Began my epic adventure in Nuvema town, I identified myself as a male and named my self George (duh). I was fortunate enough, that my friends let me pick my starter Pokemon first (how lucky) and after much deliberation (like an hour looking at my DS) I went with Oshawott. My rude friends than decided it would be appropriate to have a battle in my uncharacteristically neat room. I defeated my friend and visited the local professor (how convenient that her lab is next door to me. I'm still confused as to why she sent us a package with the Pokemon in them when we live like 10 seconds apart but lets move on). Basically after that i got the opportunity to nickname Oshawott, (I will take a small moment to apologize for this and all future crappy nicknames,) i went with WhamShell. Was then taught how to catch a Pokemon a entirely new lesson that was full of new information. Then the journey actually began.

I encountered my first wild Pokemon a Lv 4 male Lillipup, i was fortunate enough to catch it and nicknamed it (again sorry) FurBall. I spent the next few minutes leveling them both up but god bored so i pressed on.

Ran into the professor again, she taught me more stuff i already knew and was off, then had a battle with some tosser named N. WhamShell critical hit his purloin and he complained about something.

Saved the Game.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thoughts as of yet.

I'm pretty excited about this challenge, I have really only completed Black or White once and used like three Pokemon a lot.
I am also pretty stocked that i got a Lillipup as i never used one early but i always wanted to.
I am also contemplating what to do with WhamShell i have used an Oshawott before so i might dump it later on in the challenge but nothing is set in stone.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Yup, I failed the challenge. Clair's entire team was overleveled compared to my entire team. I might return to do a new Nuzlocke Challenge one day.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Update 2 (not a huge update but i have like 20 minutes to kill before work)

After fighting N I healed up and decided there was not much to do in Accumula town and pressed onward. In route 2 my first encounter was a lv 4 Purlion so I caught it and nicknamed it Leo, I then when back to Accumula town healed up and put Leo at the start of my party. I encountered a Lv 4 Patrat and it kills Leo in two moves which sucked, I then continued through the route leveling up WhamShell and Furball, both there healths were in the orange so i decided to move on to Striaton City, to heal them and to my surprise (no seriously i forgot) Bianca wanted to battle me, i was lucky enough to defeat her with little effort, but she almost killed my WhamShell on a critical hit tackle, so i healed up and went to the Dreamyard luckily there was no grass so i defeated the two trainers and got myself a Pansear which i nicknamed Pyro. I Then went to the trainer school, defeated Cheren, then challenged and defeated the Striaton Gym, with no casualties. I then went to Fennels house went back to route 2 caught a Patrat named it SLAVE (I am allowing the use of HM Slaves but they are not to be used in battle at all, not even to send them out to heal another Pokemon.) Taught it cut and then went to the Dreamyard, Saved Munna from Team Plasma deposited SLAVE, got the C-gear and Pal Pad from Fennel and her assistant and saved the game.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Thoughts as of yet.

I'm actually enjoying training Furball it is quite tough and i like it cause its a dog. Still not sure as to what to do with WhamShell, and so far this challenge has confirmed my thoughts on Purloin, its crap. I'm also probably not going to use Pyro for long as i have trained all the elemental monkeys before as a part of my monkey/ape team. But like i said last time nothing set in stone.

Edit:
I am going to pause my challenge for a few days just a few work commitments have come up and i will be required to work a few extra hours.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Nobody's finished G/S from the looks of the OP (I think I saw someone in the process as I was skimming through) so I'm going to be the first to beat it!!!

Optional rules: Must nickname everyone, black out = gg even if there are boxed pokemon.

Gonna stream it at www.livestream.com/myrrhman, and that will be where my progress videos are, so that's where you should check.

Edit: Needed to take a break for something, so I guess that's the first segment. Don't remember levels, but the Pokemon are:

Blitz the Quilava
Mercy the Flaafy
Radar the Zubat
Sentinel the Geodude
Bug the Beedrill
Aria the Drowzee

and I"m in Goldenrod City

Last edited:

yaminokaabii

Years
Update 2 of my first Nuzlocke! I ground in Eterna Forest for what seemed like FOREVER and got my four main 'mons up to 20 each. (Then I caught Cherubi and of course did more grinding for 19.... Thank goodness for that healing Chansey) The Grass Gym was really kind of pathetic. Flame Wheel'd every Bud and Cherry it had to offer. Then again I did pick Chimchar....

Current Party:
Spoiler:

First Encounters:
Spoiler:

Deceased:
Spoiler:

Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
I did it I defeated the pokemon league.. it wasn't that challenging .. but I lost my Dear Bolt in the process .. But I am not done.. Mewtwo is my next target ..
My Team
lvl 55 TurtleNips Blastoise
lvl 51 Kumy Muk
lvl52 Gumball Wigglytuff
lvl 52 Mr.Beaks Pidgeot
lvl 53 Vegeta Sandslash
RIP Bolt (Jolteon) lvl 26-53 you are my favorite pokemon and fought hard.. if
it was t for you I wouldn't have won the pokemon league .. I will surely miss you on our
Quest to defeat the evil Mewtwo..
I will update my final team, Box, and fallen ones after my fight with mewtwo.. if I do defeat humid have completed the challenge on Pokemon Blue version.. I shall now head to the cerulean cave.. wish me luck!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke

Update 2

-LINDA evolves to Raticate in the Goldenrod Tunnel
-WHITNEY solo'd by KANAKO (Lv. 23)
-SIGMUND easily defeated at Burned Tower
-MORTY's Pokemon bitten to death by KANAKO (Lv. 28)
-JESSICA evolves to Golbat in Route 38
-PETER evolves to Pidgeotto in Route 38
-BELLA (Lv. 20) murdered by Slowpoke's (Lv. 17) Confusion

Morty was kinda troublesome, and training JESSICA to Lv. 28 was too much, so I grinded only KANAKO for a bit, since she had Bite. I got lucky as KANAKO woke up in time. Hypnosis x Dream Eater could have finished her in three hits.

Encounter List
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

RIP
Spoiler:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
Username: Element0
Game: Fire Red
i will play by the standerd rules and naming my pokemon
quick question, when you say you can only catch one pokemon per area, does that mean if i catch something in route two i cant catch another one but i can catch one in route 3? once i get a answer i will start my challenge.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
My Final Blue Update!
My Nuzlocke run was a success! Easily Defeated the Pokemon League and Mewtwo!
But all in all i lost some very dear friends, ones that were with me for a long time and ones that were with me for a while. They all helped in some way for me to finish this challenge!
My Final Team
Spoiler:

Box List
Spoiler:

My Fallen Warriors! (listed in order of death)
Spoiler:

and my game is done. i did it.. but i will continue.. onto pokemon Gold which i already started!

Now for my Pokemon Gold update.. I started it already..
Game: Gold
UserName: HBK_ANGEL
optional:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon. (highly recommended)
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon.
My Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:

HannahB123

Deciding on a new Challenge!
Years
Nuzlocke Challenge: HeartGold
Trainer Name: Lyra

Nicknaming Pokemon
Not Releasing Starter

Started off with Cyndaquil, named Smokie. After completing the errand to Mr. Pokemon's and back, then receiving some pokeballs I headed out to route 29.
Caught Pidgey, Female, Level 3. Named Hedwig (Because I'm just that dorky!)
Battled to raise Hedwig's level.
Caught Mandrake the Caterpie.
Madrake died. (And was then released) It was a critical hit from a pidgey I think.
Caught Mandragora, the Bellsprout.
Went into Dark Cave and caught Petroc the Geodude.
Boxed Mandragora, because I'm just not a fan of bellsprout.

Team:
Spoiler:

Box:
Spoiler:

RIP:
Spoiler:

yaminokaabii

Years
quick question, when you say you can only catch one pokemon per area, does that mean if i catch something in route two i cant catch another one but i can catch one in route 3? once i get a answer i will start my challenge.

It means that the ONLY Pokemon you can catch ever are the first one you see in one route/cave/etc. Like if the first Pokemon on Route 1 is a Pidgey, then you can't catch anything on Route 1 except this Pidgey. If you accidentally kill this Pidgey, tough. You can't catch anything else in Route 1. It doesn't matter if later you find another Pidgey that's the exact same, you can only catch this one first Pidgey. But you CAN catch another Pidgey in Route 2 (if it's the first Pokemon you find there).

Congratulations to HBK_ANGEL on your finished run! ^_^

EDIT: While I'm here I might as well update about my current progress. I planned to only update after big events, but whatever. Update 2.1! Literally the only Pokemon I have that can use Cut except Monferno is my dead Bidoof. Is that legal? To use my dead 'mons as HM slaves? Can someone confirm this? On other news, hatched Cynthia's egg and am grinding Togepi up. Old Chateau isn't a bad grinding spot.... I'm going to get him up to 20-ish like my other 'mons.

Current Official Party:
Spoiler:

First Encounters:
Spoiler:

Boxed and Deceased:
Spoiler:

Thoughts:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Pokemon Silver Nuzlocke

Update 3
-KANAKO evolved to Feraligatr on Route 39
-GARY evolved to Gyarados on Route 39
-BRIAN (Lv. 24) died from Machoke's (Lv. 25) Rock Slide in Cianwood Gym (OHKO)
-RED GYARADOS killed by KANAKO (Lv. 30)
-FEI evolves to Ampharos on Route 42
-JESSICA evolves to Crobat at Team Rocket HQ
-PRYCE defeated by FEI (Lv. 32) and KANAKO (Lv. 31)
-CHUCK defeated by PETER (Lv. 32) and FEI (Lv. 33)
-JASMINE defeated by FEI (Lv. 34) and KANAKO (Lv. 32)
-SIGMUND easily defeated
-Team Rocket easily defeated at Goldenrod Radio Tower

This is probably the first time I defeated the seventh gym before fifth and six. It was a good choice, as I didn't really have Pokemon who could defeat Jasmine's Magnemites. After getting FEI, everything was simple. Still, the gym was a bit challenging due to Nuzlocke rules and Supersonic x Thunder Wave combo. All that's left now is the eight gym and Elite Four for the first half. I should probably grind KANAKO a bit for the next gym. It should be easy I guess. Just spamming Ice Punch.

Also, I really hate Selfdestruct, expecially on Nuzlockes. Every second Koffing at the Goldenrod Radio Tower had to use it.

Encounter List
Spoiler:

Box
Spoiler:

Team
Spoiler:

RIP
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2023
Username: xshadowx
Game: Silver

First Nuzlocke Challenge I do...

Rules:

Standard Rules, Nickname all Pokemon and Change battle to Set.

Edit: Change my game to Silver. Cant find my Soul Silver game:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back