• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Zone

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
picture.php

A Story of twist and turns choices you didn't know you were making and all around unexpected events

Story

You are a 15 year old Boy Who father died defending the kingdom in which you two lived. You openly hated your father's desicion to do so. When you were told he died you merely laughed in shame and joy, you were proven right and still ashamed of the fact he failed.
The king and queen took you in as their son.
When you reached the age of Fifteen you left to become stronger as you realized you were wrong about your father.
Or
When you became Fifteen you left your kingdom to get stronger to destroy the wretched place that caused you loving father's death.
You Begin with your first task of getting rid of monsters in front of castle. But while you are leaving is where the real fun begins.
Your girlfriend comes and kisses you unless you've seen what the choices do you won't even know what you chose. You may be chosing to be good or to be evil to live or to die

Evil
During your adventure You Encounter a Man name Hariza
He Is the Leader of a group against the kingdom The Organization Of Unity, is what they call themselves. They hid out in many places near the strongholds Which you can help takeover as allied forces for your final goal to get rid of your kingdom and destroy those who tried to stop you.

Good
You Enter a mysterious cave in which its center can read your heart complete all task given to you from the people you meet in the castles you will visit to unlock the secrets within the orb to discover a new land.

World of the Orb
Depending on which story you chose you will enter the world of the orb a different way also affecting what happens when you get there. You will meet 4 Angels And 4 Demons They will teach the reason your father died
They will show you how angels and demons live in a world together in peace
Use this information the way you choose to help or to destroy
Pretty much a chance to decide allignment again

Epilougue
I won't say much

You decide to unite the world under one ruler what you do after that is your choice

Features
Dual storylines
multiple endings
lots of replay ability
Interesting choices to be made
Advanced battle system(atleast for rmxp credit to xiderowg and moghunter)
Elder dragons near castles give advice to get through game and special attacks​

Screenshots

Game controls
picture.php

Inside Castle
picture.php

Dragon Elder Attacks 1

Credits
Moghunter/Xiderowg: Scripts
Enterbrain:most of why i plan on using is from them​

Bugs
I can't get the king to turn around after going back to chair
Games Freezes when choosing evil.

all (known)others have been and or will be fixed before prologue beta release
Please report any errors in the Prolougue​

Team
I plan on doing most(sorta) of it myself but someone who can make chapter transitions for me would be apreciated​

Beta
Beta 1
Introducing the main character and getting the story started
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LL9B6FG5

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
2 vid of the dragon elder attack you get to chose 1 from each dragon this are from 1st one (not available in beta)

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
THANK GOD! Hello, I don't beleive we met, I love you (no homo), LOL something not made from the pokemon essential kit and something not pokemon... Good Job, unfortunately, I am running Linux, so I cant play it

Years
David, you could easily run a virtual machine of Win2K. I do it, and it works wonders.

But let's get back on topic. It's good to see a non-Pokemon game on here, and the last one I saw was at least a year ago. I will be a bit blunt, though, and say it needs a bit of work. The mapping isn't all that good, to be honest. The maps look cluttered and unnatural. The interface and title screen are also rough. The font and icons used are a little gaudy, although the animation on the title screen is a decent attempt. The storyline is good so far, but I won't comment too much on it because you can't really read the entire thing without playing the game.

As for the mapping, I would say experiment with it. I'm not exactly sure what you're going for stylistically, so I can't offer to much advice, except for my opinion above. But I can say that you sould try using more than one type and size of tree and scatter them a bit more naturally, packing them closer for areas that shouldn't be accessible.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
THANK GOD! Hello, I don't beleive we met, I love you (no homo), LOL something not made from the pokemon essential kit and something not pokemon... Good Job, unfortunately, I am running Linux, so I cant play it

thanks boredom and seeing almost no non pokemon games though you can make any genre with it was pretty much my reason for it

@allstair mapping isnt really my strong point i know ill try to get better with all advice given and as for title i dont really have any skill in graphics

Last edited:

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
David, you could easily run a virtual machine of Win2K. I do it, and it works wonders.

But let's get back on topic. It's good to see a non-Pokemon game on here, and the last one I saw was at least a year ago. I will be a bit blunt, though, and say it needs a bit of work. The mapping isn't all that good, to be honest. The maps look cluttered and unnatural. The interface and title screen are also rough. The font and icons used are a little gaudy, although the animation on the title screen is a decent attempt. The storyline is good so far, but I won't comment too much on it because you can't really read the entire thing without playing the game.

As for the mapping, I would say experiment with it. I'm not exactly sure what you're going for stylistically, so I can't offer to much advice, except for my opinion above. But I can say that you sould try using more than one type and size of tree and scatter them a bit more naturally, packing them closer for areas that shouldn't be accessible.
I am clearly aware of that option, but my pc is like 6 years old, with only 700 mb of ram... LOL barely runs Ubuntu with 4 programs open

Years
As soon as I can, I'll write up some advice and suggestions on how you could improve your mapping. I know, mapping with RPG Maker's graphics is a bit difficult, as I have tried before. It will probably be a little long, and I'll include some pictures.

For everything else, I would suggest asking around for help, but at the same time, experimenting yourself. You don't have to be a graphics artist to make something look good, you just have to try hard and try new ideas.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
Im going to try to keep the few who decide to look at the thread as updated as possible

i decided to use the 4 room of the cave of nowhere to try out the tools but cant get to work i also show the combo attack of blaze sword

one thing im trying to fix is they come back to life.

oh yeah steal gave you the items he was selling

Edit:

1 thing is decided good and evil will have different features when interacting with things
Example
Shops
steal/Gift
E:Steal kill shop owner take items(may cause villager attacks)
G:Gift obtain items from shop owner need to complete 1 rescue to get 1 gift point

people
kill/help/recruit
E:kill kill the person
G:help help with problem
B:recruit person becomes ally changes event in end game

More soon to come

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
The houses are small C_C
Add the middle parts to them

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
The houses are small C_C
Add the middle parts to them

purposely small
middle parts are there door event just covers

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
Update

Cave of Nowhere Is done
Got rid of hook poles cause it wouldn't work
Bug fixed
I found way to keep character dead for main story characters only though
New Screenshots coming later Today
probably going to be video makes it easeir to have it capture what i want

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
Probably should tell people projects on pause restarting continuing this summer busy with other things

Years
This sounds like a very interesting project... I suggest you do some modeling around Breath of Fire because that can work real well for this game

Back