• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: pkEditor [Alpha] - Script Generator

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
Introducing...
The one, the only pkEditor Alpha 0.02. Came from my laziness in hacking Pokémon Pink Jelly ([/shameless advertising]) and my frustration with other script generators. It will eventually allow for the complete generation of nearly any script.
Obviously, it's nowhere near done at the moment, but it's all in the works.

Features
  • Text Editor
  • Can be compiled directly by Poket Script
  • Can Open .RBC files
  • Script Generator
  • Multi-function Script
  • Feedback
  • Can now delete portions of your script without starting over
  • Main window textbox syntax highlighting

What it Can Generate
  • Start
  • Heal Pokémon
  • Message Box
  • Show Money Box
  • Take Money
  • Update Money Box
  • Hide Money Box
  • PokéMart
  • SetHealingPlace
  • End

Known Issues
  • Will not associate itself with .RBC
  • Does not play with the "é"
  • Tabstops do not work properly
  • Open/Save dialog boxes are always XP styled
  • Not all textboxes that should receive focus do
  • Words aren't always correctly highlighted if they don't have a space after them

System Requirements
  • Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 (It should install it automatically)
  • XP SP2/Vista/7
  • Poket Script
  • Pkm Adv (Poket Script Addon)

Download
>>Here.<<
It will be able to update itself automatically when those updates are available.

PoketScript
PkmAdv

Now, it hasn't been test thoroughly so I'd love it if people (more experienced scripters, if possible) try it out, find bugs and see how they like it and whatnot. Remember, it's in its very early stages, so just keep that in mind.
Well. Feel free to leave any thoughts, questions or concerns in a reply. Thanks~

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Alright, I do have a problem with downloading the program. I am only able to run the program... there is no possible way of me being able to save the .exe file. I think you might need to upload the file in a .zip file, like what you did with the source code.

Alrighty... testing it out... hm... it seems like it requires an .rbc file, well since I don't have any .rbc files at the moment... I aren't really sure what to do. But what I do recommend... is that it should have the ability to load a ROM, so that you can look at the scripts and change them.

But yeah, first of all... it would be better to have the .exe in a .zip file rather than on it's own.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@sky_queen3: Oh, I'm sorry, you can download it here. I've now attached both PoketScript and the addon to the first post if anyone else needs them.

@PokemonShinySilver: It doesn't require an rbc file. It can generate complete scripts (that's the goal, at least).
There is no download of the actual exe, it should download it as a .application file. If you were to run that, it should install pkEditor along with the exe. And as to the opening a rom... that is indeed my eventual goal. XD

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@sky_queen3: Could you run it again? It will ask you to update, so please ensure you do so. It would be great, as well, if you could take note of exactly where it shuts down and what you were doing. Thanks.

Last edited:

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Soon as I open it, it just has PkEditor has stopped working and the option to close program or check for sugestions online. :| I'll see if getting your Poket Script fixes it...

pillzya

Leader of Team Warlock!
Years
Every time I open it, it wants me to install it and I can't use it after that. What should I do?

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
I have two things to say to you, it depends of the utility the tool have:

- Script compilator: Good luck.
- Script generator: Do you think that you can do a professional script if you don't know nothing about the commands? This is NOT a solution to the difficulties of scripting (the knowledge), it makes another problem, because people that use the generator will not never learn.

But the way, thanks for your efforts.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I love the idea of this tool, but wouldn't it be a better idea to make this work for XSE? It seems to be the main scripter... Still, good luck!

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
I just added the ability to send feed back via email, so if you don't have an account or are too lazy to post, then feel free to use that instead.

@sky_queen3: Check your add/remove or uninstall programs to ensure that you have Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 Client Profile. If you don't have it, it can be downloaded here. Then download and try the newest edition of pkEditor.

@pillzya: You should also try the newest version. There was a point last night where I had uploaded a version that would not open. This issue has been fixed now.

@black pass: Your points make sense. I had originally created it to make my life hacking easier, but figured I could post it in case anyone else could make use of it. It is not intended to help teach scripting to beginners (though I know that may have been how it came off), it is intended to make the job of experienced scripters easier.

@agentgeo: That could possibly be something that I will look into in the future, after I am finished with Pokemon Pink Jelly, but again, it was originally intended for my own personal use.

Again thank you to everyone who is helping me in my struggle to create pkEditor.

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
I really doubt you need to use the .NET Framework 4.0, or even 3.0+. Many people still use XP SP2 and under, and cannot use the .NET Framework 4.0 so you're really limiting your audience.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I really doubt you need to use the .NET Framework 4.0, or even 3.0+. Many people still use XP SP2 and under, and cannot use the .NET Framework 4.0 so you're really limiting your audience.
What is so wrong with .NET 4.0? I use it. Plus, I see this programm is written in C#.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@Lin: Well I definitely can't drop it down any lower than 3.0 as that would require a complete rewrite and, as you probably know, the requirements of 3.0 are XP SP2, while 4.0 is XP SP3. I really don't see a huge enough gain to potentially break the entire thing for just a few more possible users.

@sky_queen3 It really should work on Vista... Here, I'll send you a PM and I'll see if we can get it worked out there rather than over the thread.

Okay, scratch that, it appears that if you have Vista, you need Vista with SP1 or up. That could possibly be your problem. If you don't know what you have specifically, then to check, click on the start orb and type "winver" (without the quotes). Doing that should cause a window to pop up telling you what Windows version you have.

*Update!* As an experiment to help sky_queen3, I did drop it down to 3.0 and (after a bit of editing), it does seem to function just fine. So from now on, it will just require 3.0, and thus hoorah for those with XP SP2. XD You can get the new version here (or you can just open pkEditor, as always, it will automatically install updates).

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@sky_queen3: I've been holding off on a thanks just because I wanted to save this post. XD So thank you. =]

So, the latest update has had a lot of tweaking done to its interface and the addition of the sethealingplace command. As always, it'd be great if people tried it out and see how they liked it and yadda yadda.

Last edited:

sky_queen3

Years
I know we've all moved on to Flight Spot Editor but this is still pretty awesome. (Now to figure out how to get the scripts into the ROM...)

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
Well I haven't abandoned pkEditor or anything, I've just been more focused on the Flight Spot Editor. XD pkEditor will get more updates and whatnot eventually.

Also, you don't know how to get the scripts onto a rom? Well, here:
Spoiler:

sky_queen3

Years
I click burn (the little fire) on pkEditor and it has a popup saying File Not Found or user cancel and other with Vlad Morgondorfer. :|

Back