• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Not in generation III. Besides, you'll only get symbols from single battles. Also, sure power > random hax. Otherwise, set looks fine to me. I'd put the last 6 EVs into an attacking stat. Couldn't hurt to have that extra point.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Why would you use Waterfall on Swampert when Surf is more powerful and just as accurate?
My bad; I must have been thinking of Waterfall for some reason at the time I posted that.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Not in generation III. Besides, you'll only get symbols from single battles. Also, sure power > random hax. Otherwise, set looks fine to me. I'd put the last 6 EVs into an attacking stat. Couldn't hurt to have that extra point.
Wait a minute here. Are you telling me that in 4th Gen that Surf damages your ally in a double battle? How stupid. Just one more reason to hate that game. GF seriously dropped the ball on DPP.

Years
The chances of finding a Skitty are 2% by default. There are occasional swarms that are announced over the TV... I don't know the chances of finding a Skitty when that happens, but they're pretty common when it does.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
2%.

However, they appear more than usually for me, so I don't know if it is wrong or something.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2011
Just restarted my Emerald, and wanting to get a good natured Latias. Do the natures of Latias get set during the choosing of Red or Blue? Or just when you run into it in the wild?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2009
A couple of questions:

-In Emerald, is it worth it training a Poochyena? And the little worm that appears in the beggining, too? Are there any differences (in terms of fighting) between male and female pokemons?
-In FireRed, what is the fastest way to get a Psyduck? (I really want one but I just started the game)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
so save in front of the tv?
also, would a abra synch work?
and how can i make it easier to find for the first time for when i reset?
Having a Pokemon in your team with Synchronize increases the chance (doesn't guarantee) that wild Pokemon will have the same nature as the Synch Pokemon.

The easiest way is to fly to Mossdeep, Surf northwest to Route 124 and find a small island with a house on it (Shard Master's House). With a Lv40 Pokemon in the lead, use a Max Repel, Surf the west side of the island twice. If Lati@s doesn't show, go inside the house, come back out, and repeat. The trick is that every time you go in and out of the house, Lati@s will change routes, but you don't. You can Surf between two routes, but you run the risk of Lati@s jumping into the route you were just in and then moving when you move back. Good luck.

A couple of questions:

-In Emerald, is it worth it training a Poochyena? And the little worm that appears in the beggining, too? Are there any differences (in terms of fighting) between male and female pokemons?
-In FireRed, what is the fastest way to get a Psyduck? (I really want one but I just started the game)
ANY Pokemon is worth training for the in-game part of the game. If you are seriously thinking of using either of these in the Battle Frontier or competetive battling against someone who knows how to battle though, I would suggest against it. They are both very weak.

As for Psyduck, while your first opportunity to get Psyduck is the pond in Viridian City, you don't get Surf or Super Rod until MUCH later. The REAL first opportunity will be on Route 12 (Silence Bridge). You get the Super Rod there and Psyduck shows up 1% of the time. Personally, I would avoid that because just a little further on you will get to the Safari Zone where you can obtain Surf. Once you have that, Fly back to Viridian City to that pond. Psyduck appear 100% of the time when you Surf there. Removes the hassle of waiting and waiting and waiting to hook a Psyduck on that unreliable rod.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Mightyena could come in handy in several different occasions through the game, but usually it is not that good. If you were looking at this Pokemon because of its dark type, then you should look more towards Sharpedo or Cacturne.

Wurmple and its evolutions are disgustingly weak towards anything. The only good form would be Dustox and its Toxic. You can use this moveset if you are going to use it, but I would suggest not too.

Dustox @ __ (anything could be used here)
Careful Nature
Shield Dust
- Sludge Bomb
- Light Screen
- Protect
- Toxic

This is just a special wall you can use throughout the game; however, it won't be much help once you start getting into the Battle Frontier.
The fastest way to get a Psyduck is in the Safari Zone where you get the Surf. Just apply the Surf HM to a Pokemon and eventually you can find a Psyduck in the small ponds / lakes.

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
Years
I know you can get the shiny Sapphire and Ruby Zigzagoon when you send your game to Nintendo to get fixed - where do I collect this pokémon from or activate the event?

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I don't really understand your question, Celuthea, but I'll take a wild guess as you said event and Pokemon. I'm just going to assume you wanted to know where to get the Mystery Gift.

You pretty much just got to any available PokeMart, go to the side of the counter, click 'A' on the paperboard, and a message should appear. Within the message type in 'EVERYONE HAPPY'. This should give you the Mystery Gift.

To view the Mystery Gift, just turn off the game, go back to the start menu, and Mystery Gift should be underneath 'Start New Game'.

Years
Correction. You type in:
"LINK" "TOGETHER"
"WITH" "ALL"
About the Zigzagoon event, I'm pretty sure that event's long over. However, you can still get the berry fix through 2 methods.
1. Link 2 GBAs, 1 with Ruby/Sapphire (Player 2) to be fixed, the other with FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald (Player 1). Load the FR/LG/E game first and on the title screen, press select and B. A new screen should show up. Now start up the R/S game while holding Start and Select. The R/S should be fixed now.
2. Pre-ordered Pokemon Colosseum games came with a bonus disc that allowed for a Jirachi to be transferred to the game. The berry fix is also transferred as well.

So, yeah, no shiny Zigzagoon. Sending it to Nintendo won't get you one either.

heatman2477

think with your dipstick jimmy
Years
A Emerald breeding glitch?

i think i read something somewhere on this site that said there was some kind of breeding glitch in the game. if so what is it exactly. if i remember correctly someone said they used it for pokemon to be palparked into D/P. i'm planning on starting emerald again soon and if there is something that will benefit me in diamond/pearl or platinum then i'd like to implement it this time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
i think i read something somewhere on this site that said there was some kind of breeding glitch in the game. if so what is it exactly. if i remember correctly someone said they used it for pokemon to be palparked into D/P. i'm planning on starting emerald again soon and if there is something that will benefit me in diamond/pearl or platinum then i'd like to implement it this time.

If you mean the method of obtaining ridiculously high IVed Pokémon really fast (as in, a few hours) by exploiting the RNG, you don't need to new game for that. In fact, you would be better off if you didn't new game, since you already have access to the Day Care.
However, if you want to exploit the RNG further and get shiny legendaries, then you'd have to new game (unless you haven't caught some of them yet).

-Leaf

What do I put here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2010
question about natures...
if my suicune has a docile nature, it will rise as if it were a G/S/C pokemon? (if it is, well spending time capturing it in a pokeball was worth it! like i did with mewtwo.. but he had a lonely nature, that auctually fits its personality with also an AWESOME amount of sp.att of 231 followed by 201 speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back