• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I like the idea of Simple + Shell Smash in Double Battles. Which is the best Shell Smasher? Which ones can actually take a hit on both sides. (Cloister is paper thin special defense)

Which user of Simple Beam is the best?

I like Audino. Few Weakneses, can heal the ShellSm,asher with Heal Pulse, and can Helping hand if nothing else. However, Audino is so slow it limits the number of Smashers it can boost on turn one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the idea of Simple + Shell Smash in Double Battles. Which is the best Shell Smasher? Which ones can actually take a hit on both sides. (Cloister is paper thin special defense)

Which user of Simple Beam is the best?

I like Audino. Few Weakneses, can heal the ShellSm,asher with Heal Pulse, and can Helping hand if nothing else. However, Audino is so slow it limits the number of Smashers it can boost on turn one.

I don't think Shell Smash + Simple is that viable in doubles because it takes time to set up. Doubles is a fast-paced metagame and setup moves like Shell Smash are risky to use because the user could be eliminated or crippled before they even get the strategy together. But if you insist, Barbaracle has decent defensive stats on both ends. Also, both Cloyster and Barbaracle are also fine with their regular abilities over Simple, as Cloyster's Icicle Spear and Rock Blast become unreliable without Skill Link, while Barbaracle likes the boost Tough Claws gives to its contact moves:
-Shell Smash
-Stone Edge
-Razor Shell
-Cross Chop/Earthquake
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: White Herb/Lum Berry
Ability: Tough Claws

Jasonmii

Der Kaffee geht auf mich.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 23, 2015
I have a question about IVs. Let's say I have a Ditto with perfect IVs in every stat, if I were to breed it with another Pokemon, would the offspring have max IVs too? I'm trying to understand IVs a little better. I am sort of confused as to how IVs transfer, like if all IVs transfer or just some.

I hope this is where you're supposed to ask this type of question. lol

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have a question about IVs. Let's say I have a Ditto with perfect IVs in every stat, if I were to breed it with another Pokemon, would the offspring have max IVs too? I'm trying to understand IVs a little better. I am sort of confused as to how IVs transfer, like if all IVs transfer or just some.

I hope this is where you're supposed to ask this type of question. lol

In normal cases, an IV from the mother, an IV from the father and a random IV from either parent. If a parent holds the Destiny Knot, 5 random IVs from the parents will be passed down.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So, What is the best Aegislash? I hear the mixed sets are best. Is Weakness Policy a good item for it?

Weakness Policy is good on the Autotomize set. Special Aegislash is more used than the physical variants, though the latter are still viable:
-Shadow Ball
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak/Iron Head
-King's Shield
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/12 Spe
Item: Leftovers

or
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Iron Head/King's Shield
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 240 Atk/4 Def/252 SAtk/12 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag

or
-Autotomize
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Sacred Sword/Iron Head/Flash Cannon
Nature: Rash/Modest
EVs: 88 Atk/252 SAtk/168 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Weakness Policy

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What sets does Mamoswine use these days?

Both of these sets are equally viable:
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash/Icicle Spear
-Superpower/Stealth Rock
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat

or
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
Years
Hey, do you guys think I should re-roll Electivire? Here's his current stats at lv. 50:

HP: 136
ATK: 166
DEF: 79
SP. ATK 125:
SP. DEF: 94
SPE: 161

He has 4IVs: in all but HP and Defense. This, of course, means he does not like taking physical hits. I've found he has even less bulk than my Noivern (which is surprisinly bulky!)

EVs went into Attack, Speed and a little into Special Attack. I think saying he hits HARD is an understatement. This dude clobbers fools. But do you guys think it would be worth it to try to breed all over again to get an extra IV (preferably HP)? I mean that Defense stat is really sketchy. He has lived through some good hits though (STAB Hydro Pump, for example), but I have yet to see him live an earthquake. He has the frailty of a Jolteon, which is deceiving because he's a giant, muscular electric yeti. You'd think he be slower, too.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey, do you guys think I should re-roll Electivire? Here's his current stats at lv. 50:

HP: 136
ATK: 166
DEF: 79
SP. ATK 125:
SP. DEF: 94
SPE: 161

He has 4IVs: in all but HP and Defense. This, of course, means he does not like taking physical hits. I've found he has even less bulk than my Noivern (which is surprisinly bulky!)

EVs went into Attack, Speed and a little into Special Attack. I think saying he hits HARD is an understatement. This dude clobbers fools. But do you guys think it would be worth it to try to breed all over again to get an extra IV (preferably HP)? I mean that Defense stat is really sketchy. He has lived through some good hits though (STAB Hydro Pump, for example), but I have yet to see him live an earthquake. He has the frailty of a Jolteon, which is deceiving because he's a giant, muscular electric yeti. You'd think he be slower, too.

Thoughts?
Offensive stats and Speed are all that matter for Electivire. Also, this is the set you should use. Be warned that Electivire struggles to KO Pokemon it can't hit super effectively:
-Wild Charge
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
Nature: Naive
EVs: 248 Atk/36 SAtk/224 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2014
had a quick horde question. currently hunting a gligar with HA now do each individual pokemon in the horde always have the same ability or do they all have different ones? just trying to save time instead of using toxic on each one to see if they have HA.

Years
had a quick horde question. currently hunting a gligar with HA now do each individual pokemon in the horde always have the same ability or do they all have different ones? just trying to save time instead of using toxic on each one to see if they have HA.

Gligar's hidden ability is Immunity, which changes to Poison Heal when it evolves into Gliscor.

A good trick I recommend in this case is using Toxic on all of them and if it says "It doesn't affect Gligar..." that confirms it will have Immunity and will be the one you want to get. If you want to summon hordes quickly make sure you have something that knows Sweet Scent, a good candidate for that is Illumise which you can easily catch on Route 7. Oddish (found in the tall grass on Route 6) can also learn it via level-up.

Also, in hordes not all the Pokemon may share the same ability. They will still have their normal abilities most of the time so hunting for hidden abilities in hordes can take time. Another strategy I saw mentioned is using a move that changes abilities like Worry Seed or Entrainment, it'll show their ability before it gets changed so that way you could help spot the hidden ability. Also remember that not every horde is guaranteed to have one Pokemon in it with the hidden ability, it's something that takes time.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
For Celebi, you'll wanna use one of these 2 sets:

-Celebi w/Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 236 Sp.Defense, 20 Speed
Moves: Recover, Giga Drain/Psychic, U-Turn, Perish Song/Thunder Wave

-Celebi w/Leftovers:
EVs: 252 HP, 192 Sp.Defense, 64 Speed
Moves: Baton Pass, Recover, Giga Drain/Psychic, Calm Mind/Substitute

Milotic isn't exactly meant for an offensive role. Tanking is what it does best, but you could try this:

-Milotic w/Flame Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Defense
Moves: Scald, Recover, Protect, Ice Beam/Toxic

Years
To add to Snowpointquincy's post, did Houndoom switch into Sticky Web or trigger Goodra's Gooey with a contact move?

Nope to all of those. Also as another bizarre thing that happened today, a Feraligatr somehow beat my Rayquaza, and the Feraligatr was not scarfed. It's annoying relying on base stats for answers when they really seem to be meaningless.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Nope to all of those. Also as another bizarre thing that happened today, a Feraligatr somehow beat my Rayquaza, and the Feraligatr was not scarfed. It's annoying relying on base stats for answers when they really seem to be meaningless.

Are you sure you EV trained your Pokemon? Either that or your opponent never cared about EVs, IVs and natures in the first place.

For Celebi, you'll wanna use one of these 2 sets:

-Celebi w/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 236 Sp.Defense, 20 Speed
Moves: Recover, Giga Drain/Psychic, U-Turn, Perish Song/Thunder Wave

-Celebi w/Leftovers:
EVs: 252 HP, 192 Sp.Defense, 64 Speed
Moves: Baton Pass, Recover, Giga Drain/Psychic, Calm Mind/Substitute

Milotic isn't exactly meant for an offensive role. Tanking is what it does best, but you could try this:

-Milotic w/Flame Orb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Defense
Moves: Scald, Recover, Protect, Ice Beam/Toxic

No to Flame Orb Milotic. Flame Orb eats away at its health and can wear it down fast, even with Recover:
-Surf/Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power (Electric/Grass)
-Recover
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale/Competitive

Defensive Milotic should look like this:
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Toxic/Dragon Tail/Haze
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Pikaplup

Level 4 antagonist
Years
Could someone help me out here? >.< Well, I'm kind of new so I'm lost. Well when I enter a battle server and it says to type my name after I click search for a battle. I typed in my user name- pikaplup- So then it just goes away and does nothing... help please? D:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Could someone help me out here? >.< Well, I'm kind of new so I'm lost. Well when I enter a battle server and it says to type my name after I click search for a battle. I typed in my user name- pikaplup- So then it just goes away and does nothing... help please? D:

If this is for Showdown or PC's battle server, the name you typed in, if not already taken, will appear in the upper right corner of the screen. Does it let you battle after you punch in the name?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Not sure if this'll help, but try registering your name first by clicking on the gear icon. Then, hit look for battle. If this doesn't work, try clearing your cookies and cache. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back