• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

multi-gender friends.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I see no problem with having friends of the opposite gender as you. Neither is it wrong to be friends with people who identify as intersex or genderless, or people born male but identify as female, or both genders or people who are gay. As a kid, I had more female friends than male friends. The number of male and female friends I have are a bit more equal today, but I still have a lot of female friends. I guess I'm just more comfortable around females than males at times. I can enjoy being around males, though. I just pick friends for the good qualities I see in them and if I like them as a person.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have no problem with that. Male or female, we're all human. We are allowed to be friends with anyone we want to. I'm a female, and I have a few guy friends who I hang out with regularly. Online, I have even more guy friends. They're all really good people. =)

Years
Because the school I was at was very male-dominant, I mostly had boys than girls when it came to friends. However I lost all contact with them once I graduated in 2010. But I don't think it's bad to have friends who are the opposite gender as yourself.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I generally play around girls nowadays but when I was younger, I used to hang around the boys a lot and I find no issue with it. I still get along easier with them actually since my personality is more like there's, but I generally hang around a mixture of both. I don't care what gender someone's friends are and I think multi-gender friends are awesome. Online I definitely know a lot more guys than girls but I'm not bothered by that at all. (:

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
Most of my friends are male, but I do have a few female friends. My best female friend is my girlfriend, but I'm also friends with her female friends. Even then, most of my female friends are at least slightly tomboyish. It's hard for me to be friends with a complete girly girl who loves fashion and hates video games. I do follow a little fashion myself, but I couldn't care less about what's on Australia's Next Top Model (our version of America's Next Top Model). Though I do get along with my older sister, who loves fashion and rarely plays video games (she likes them, but she's very bad at them).

My friends tend to be quite diverse. Only a few of my closest friends are Muslim (mainly because there aren't as many Muslims in Newcastle as in Sydney, but in Sydney most of my friends were Muslim). Most of them are actually Catholic, strangely enough. I'm even friends with a Jewish girl and an atheist girl. I'm friends with many autistic people like myself too.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I'm fine with different-sex friends.

As for myself, I'd say I have a healthy balance of girl and guy friends. :-)

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
To me, gender isn't really a factor when I make friends. I try to judge people based on their actions and personality, not their gender, sexual preference, style, race, etc.

That being said, most of my friends are female. I have like two male friends that I'm close to, and I've known one of them since I was 5. The rest of my close friends are all female. I just find it easier to talk to girls than guys. Guys can't take anything seriously and treat everything like a game, which bugs me a bit. Obviously I talk to my bros about sports, video games, girls, etc., but when it comes to anything else, it's easier to talk to my girl friends (not girlfriends, just thought I should clarify :P). They tend to be a lot more understanding and a lot less condescending.

I always get the "When are you and so and so going to start dating?" or "Are you two together?" question whenever I'm seen spending a lot of time with one of my female friends. I don't see why it's so crazy that a guy and a girl can be friends with no intimate feelings, but apparently that's not very logical to some people.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well as a gay guy I guess this thread would deal with same sex friends rather than opposite sex ones. If gay guys couldn't be friends with other gay guys then it would be very lonely indeed.

Years
Well, just because somebody is a different gender doesn't mean they can't be friends (Unless it's something like being friend zoned, then it's pretty awkward)

Years
I always get the "When are you and so and so going to start dating?" or "Are you two together?" question whenever I'm seen spending a lot of time with one of my female friends. I don't see why it's so crazy that a guy and a girl can be friends with no intimate feelings, but apparently that's not very logical to some people.

I get that a lot as well. Don't get me wrong, most of my female friends start out as romantic interests, but eventually any of those feelings die out. Still stings when they give me the "why can't I find a boyfriend just like you?" speech though.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I get that a lot as well. Don't get me wrong, most of my female friends start out as romantic interests, but eventually any of those feelings die out. Still stings when they give me the "why can't I find a boyfriend just like you?" speech though.

Oh man I know that feeling. It usually starts out the same way for me, but like you said you either realize it wouldn't work out like that or the feelings die out. Then when they say that, on the outside you're like "Haha yeah I don't know..." and on the inside you're like "Adjklfjadklfj;asf really woman!? >.>" Lmao

Years
Oh man I know that feeling. It usually starts out the same way for me, but like you said you either realize it wouldn't work out like that or the feelings die out. Then when they say that, on the outside you're like "Haha yeah I don't know..." and on the inside you're like "Adjklfjadklfj;asf really woman!? >.>" Lmao

Especially when it is a girl who had previously "friend-zoned" me. lol that's the worst!

Back