• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gym Leader

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Who is your favorite Gym Leader and why? Also, which design of them (because GSC and B2W2 redesigned Gym Leaders (BW2 only Elesa) do you like more if they are your favorite?
My favorite Gym Leaders are as follows:

Misty
Falkner
Winona
Volkner
Skyla (BW)
Elesa (B2W2)

Nakala Pri

Roxie,

Skyla,

Elesa,

Lenora.

They're female empowerment, I can't help myself. xD

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
That would be Skyla, Volkner, Elesa & Steven (Emerald)
I just like there outfit and Team. It suits themselves. But between all of them. I like Steven better.

Sirfetch’d

I thin my favorite gym leader of all time would be Morty. I always found his gym to be so interesting and I remember the troubles of navigating through it in GSC. He just seems like a really cool leader that uses a nice selection of Pokemon and gives a really good TM as an award.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
My favourite leaders include Blue, Volkner and Drayden.
I found it interesting that Blue became a gym leader instead of continuing his travels in-game, he also was a challenge to beat with his diverse Pokemon.
Volkner was also fun to battle, especially with that random Octillery!
Drayden's design is awesome, that beard! haha, he looks menacing.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Clay, because of his notable wild-west accent, which is what makes him different compared to other gym-leaders.

"Well, that sounds real nice, if it's true. I may not talk purty, but at least I'm an honest man. You talk real nice, but what yer sayin' kinda sounds like lyin'. So tell me plain, what are ya tryin' to say?"

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2016
I liked Sabrina's design prior to Gen IV, afterwards I just didn't think she was as mysterious. Umm, but even though Erika is extremely weak, I'd say she's my favourite gym leader. :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favorite gym leader would have to be Wallace from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. I love how cool he keeps himself, and the way that he handles his Pokémon is extremely smart. He has the ability to motivate any of his Pokémon to give it their all and pull out a victory. Thanks to that, he was able to have me defeated six to seven times in a row when I had challenged him for gym battles. The toughest Pokémon for me to take down was his Milotic. It was able to taken down quite a lot of my Pokémon with Ice Beam and Twister, and whenever I managed to damage it, it was able to restore its health with Recover. His Wiscash was also pretty tough, since it was able to land powerful Earthquake attacks. My favorite Wallace design would have to be the one from Pokémon Black 2 and White 2--I just loved the pose that he was making, because it made him look quite epic. (:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
Wallace and Crasher Wake. Wallace seemed like a nice guy and a great trainer and Crasher Wake had the most badass name ever.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Morty, Sabrina (HG/SS, it's just plain cooler to me than her old clothes), Drayden (Because of that epic beard. Seriously, growing something like that takes skill.), and Elesa (any version).

Years
Maybe it is due to the Anime but I would say I really like Brock, Cilan and Norman. For some reason My personality seems to match with how mine is.

Another Gym Leader I would also say I like is Sabrina as well. She has that Mystic thing going on about her.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
I've got respect for Cray for having such an idealistically heroic background, which compels him to confront Plasma various times, but he's at the lowest tier.

Faulkner is quite formidable w/ Mudshot, the accuracy-lowering technique, making him famous for just that. Never disrespect anyone who can throw your strategy in a serious state. Sabrina has her moments, just a tad of a fascination with psychic/energy-type power.

Speaking of energy, Misty is effective at being an energy fighter w/ Bubblebeam + Recover. She has a strong role in the anime as well, so, as a fan of the early seasons, I'll let her occupy the top of my favs.

Guess who outlined himself as a key player, for he has a strong affinity w/ his pokemon, Vulpix in particular. Those who have seen the early episodes will understand, perhaps. He also has an honour-type parsonality, and strong affection, especially for the Joys/Jennys. :P As the character who has the most dimension and substance, along with his awesomely-strong team, Brock owns the top spot.

Years
Lt. Surge because he is possibly the coolest guy ever

Koga and Janine for obvious reasons (They're ninjas)

Blue because he's already one of my favorite characters so why not

Drayden because of that awesome beard

Crasher Wake for also obvious reasons

Back