• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tnguye3's fakemon sprites! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
...But onto the critique, your right leg (Or left leg for the sprite o.0) is bent at an akward angle. It looks like he's lifting his leg up a fraction of an inch, though why I don't know. If I were spriting, I would put his left/right leg at the same angle and direction as the other foot-- flat. Then I would bend his back a bit. The reason I say this is because of the way his claws are angled. The flow would look great that way. Now, the flow is jabby in places...Also, the other ear/feather should be angled backwards as well for flow reasons...For flow, again.

Also, some of your sprites are a bit on the large side. For example:

...I find the only flaw in your work the flow...

Not sure if I understand correctly but I assume you're referring to anatomical errors? ^_^"
In any case I'm working on that, as well as the line art (not yet). Thanks for pointing that out. :)

As for the sprite sizes yes, I'm working on that, trying to scale down the basic stage pokemon sprite sizes cause well, yeah, they're really big lol. I'm just in a habit of making mid-big sprites. xD

I personally think that harepyro needs a pre-evolved form to match the other bunny. Or possibly even better might be to take bunnice out of the picture because it's very simple and rabbifrost just doesn't look like a stage 2 pokemon to me

I really love your art though

Thanks for your opinion but I will NEVER take Bunnice out! xD
It's my fave design and it's kinda like my companion (Ya know, Ash has Pikachu, I have Bunnice). :3

Also, update:

picture.php
Swampike

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
Another sprite:
picture.php

It's small for a 96x96, right? Right? RIGHT? XDDDD
Well, I tried to make it small let's put it that way.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Both are awesome. I love the second one's pose. And i love swampike because i made the concept for him ;). And blaydyte.

tnguye3

Years
Well, update:
Carrot Pokemon - I'm proud that I was able to make the basic stage so small, but then the 1st stage...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a Panda, another attempt at small sprites:
picture.php

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I love Kroneon! It looks fantastic. I don't see any flaws with it besides a little bit on the ears. Are any of your sprites public?

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Your rock types need some work...

Other then that, Awesome!
The wasp, and bunnies are astoundingly good!

You've designed many of these originally for New Dawn right?

tnguye3

Years
Your rock types need some work...

Other then that, Awesome!
The wasp, and bunnies are astoundingly good!

You've designed many of these originally for New Dawn right?

Yes I did.
And yes, I do need work on rock types, that's prolly the reason why I sprited them, as I couldn't get the rock look and feel right. xD
In any case were you part of New Dawn's team? O.o

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Yes I did.
And yes, I do need work on rock types, that's prolly the reason why I sprited them, as I couldn't get the rock look and feel right. xD
In any case were you part of New Dawn's team? O.o

I used to be the mapper there, but i quit some time ago

Anyway are you still using those sprites for anything?

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
why not? im giving u credit like the other spriters that did something for me

I can't speak for him, but it may be because Waspain is part of a three-part evolution line, and he's only done one part. In any case, all concepts I submit to the CommunityDex are free to use by anyone, so don't let that hold you back, tnguye.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I can't speak for him, but it may be because Waspain is part of a three-part evolution line, and he's only done one part. In any case, all concepts I submit to the CommunityDex are free to use by anyone, so don't let that hold you back, tnguye.
ok thx ^_^ that makes more sence! i was just goint to make it another evolution from kaukuna (is that how u spell it) thx for the info ^_^

Years
Please refrain from posting requests, please handle this through PMs and VMs. Further requesting will result in this thread being immediately closed.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Please refrain from posting requests, please handle this through PMs and VMs. Further requesting will result in this thread being immediately closed.
ok, sorry about that ^_^

tnguye3

Years

Yeh I was gonna ask you first if you want your concept in a hack, just that I forgot. In any case I don't want my sprites to be for public use until the community dex is finished. xD
I dunno it's just I have this feeling that I have to accomplish something before I start sharing. I might prolly open my sprites for public use when I have made a total of 100 sprites. (Sprites not designed by me will never be for public use unless the designer approves)
---​

For now, I put the notice on the first post in red fonts saying they're currently not for public use.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, if the original owner of the concept agrees to make his/her sprites public, then they will be.

Well, another update.
This time it's a...well I'll let you geuss what it is!

picture.php

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
UPDATE:
New sprite.
This guy's special, why?

Well, it's my first trainer sprite! ^^
It's meant to be me btw. xD
picture.php

...and a lil tut
5mgwzs.png

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Nice job on the tutorial man. I would have never guessed to draw and outline. Man, this is so gonna help me sprite. I'm gonna go and try this.

tnguye3

Years
Fakemon 1st stages for the Pokemon Iron and Stone version starters.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I'll reveal them once, well, when I'm allowed to, lmao. xD

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I know how the grass looks like ;)

Also, your fire looks like its angles are all wrong, but i cant say since all i see are shadows o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back