• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Personally, I'd like to see a return to the old gangster style of villains like Team Rocket. Either that or a crazy group of religious fanatics that view Pikachu as their prophet and try to overpopulate the world with them... with Priest Red as their head honcho :P And that's the effect that years of living in Mount Silver in complete solitude has on a person's brain...

The latter group can be given the oh-so-imaginative name, "Team Pika."

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I am for the gangster villains like Team Rocket was. They have always been, and always will be my favourite villains. Team Galaxy and Plasma were just not making sense to me, whatever their goal was.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I agree with Team Pika. I also want gangster villains. Either that or add more silly game mechanics! xD

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
A whole working week without any posts in this topic. What is the world coming to, Trolljours? So let me ask this random ass question then. What kind of villains do you think the 6th generation of Pokemon games will have?

Ok, so we already have the mob (Rocket), Specialized environmentalists (Aqua and Magma), A cult (Galaxy), and PETA (Plasma)...

I think we could probably see a fascist team, where the grunts are actually fearful of their higher up ruler. That would be cool to break up. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I am for the gangster villains like Team Rocket was. They have always been, and always will be my favourite villains. Team Galaxy and Plasma were just not making sense to me, whatever their goal was.
If I recall correctly, Galaxy's leader wanted to recreate the world, free of humans or something. I thought Plasma (on the surface) was pretty straight forward (protect Pokemon from human "abuse"). The hidden motive of the leader was pretty clear as well (power).
I think we could probably see a fascist team, where the grunts are actually fearful of their higher up ruler. That would be cool to break up. :)
I don't think you actually know what fascism means, but judging by your description, Plasma fit that quite well.

An actually fascist group would be pretty interesting though, but I don't believe Pokemon really has the concept of nations for that to even be possible. Hell, we've never even seen anything like a Government or state aye? Everything just comes magically. That said, there was a war in the past, so they could link it to that and develop it.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
If I recall correctly, Galaxy's leader wanted to recreate the world, free of humans or something. I thought Plasma (on the surface) was pretty straight forward (protect Pokemon from human "abuse"). The hidden motive of the leader was pretty clear as well (power).
Well, what I meant was that Team Plasma contradicts themselves by using Pokémon whilst having the goal to free them of humans.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
I don't think you actually know what fascism means, but judging by your description, Plasma fit that quite well.

An actually fascist group would be pretty interesting though, but I don't believe Pokemon really has the concept of nations for that to even be possible. Hell, we've never even seen anything like a Government or state aye? Everything just comes magically. That said, there was a war in the past, so they could link it to that and develop it.

This is actually what I mean, and to be honest I actually never really thought of Team Plasma that way until you mentioned it... They would fit under that description since they share that same form of identity.

But to have a violent political clash between groups would make for an interesting game. Where the lower downs don't actually want to fight, but do because of orders, or possibly fear...

I doubt a theme like this will exist in the Pokemon world, but one can muse...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well, what I meant was that Team Plasma contradicts themselves by using Pokémon whilst having the goal to free them of humans.
Ah ok. Well yeah, they're hypocrites as well.
This is actually what I mean, and to be honest I actually never really thought of Team Plasma that way until you mentioned it... They would fit under that description since they share that same form of identity.

But to have a violent political clash between groups would make for an interesting game. Where the lower downs don't actually want to fight, but do because of orders, or possibly fear...

I doubt a theme like this will exist in the Pokemon world, but one can muse...
I don't think fear is all too realistic (or characteristic) of fascist groups. Sure they can influence outsiders through fear and intimidation, but members often support the values of the group, perhaps with a cult-like fixation like Galaxy.

I would like to see a Pokemon game set during a war or something Lt. Surge was in a war, so they exist in the series.

Years
What about a Nazi-themed villainous group? With a totalitarian dictator as the leader who wants wipe out Pokemon, while using brainwashed Pokemon to slay their own kind. Seems possible. :o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Do you think they'd get so dark as to reference Nazis? XD I'm not sure they'd actually go that far. Although destroying the world is objectively worse, it's like a cartoon villain dream, as opposed to Nazis.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
Do you think they'd get so dark as to reference Nazis? XD I'm not sure they'd actually go that far. Although destroying the world is objectively worse, it's like a cartoon villain dream, as opposed to Nazis.

Yeah.... Nazis + Pokémon = never gonna happen. Ever.

Years
They could do it. Maybe not overly, but they could. We've had the mafia (Rocket), environmental terrorists (Aqua/Magma), fanatical cults (Galactic), and whatever you want to call Plasma.

Actually, now that I look at it, they've been moving to less realistic villain teams with every new game.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Plasma is PETA.

They might be able to do Nazis if they did like...just the idea and no actual references, like what they've done in the past. The idea of wiping out just Pokemon and leaving all humans to live without them could be done somewhat tastefully I think.

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
People would be onto that though and maybe it would become controversial etc or some people might not approve of something like that being referenced in a childs game and blah blah.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Name my pokemon.

So, I'm horrible with names. But I wanted to name my pokemon team. Heres what I'm using, and their role.

ferrothorn - lead, entry hazards.
Hydreigon - special sweeper.
Chandelure - special sweeper.
Garchomp - physical sweeper.
Lucario - physical sweeper.
alomomola - cleric.

I'm thinking of naming Hydreigon Omega. Not sure the other 5.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Hey does anybody have Pokemon TCG online codes they could spare? my mom thinks buying cards are a waste of money but i can play if i can get a few codes from someone nice.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Hey does anybody have Pokemon TCG online codes they could spare? my mom thinks buying cards are a waste of money but i can play if i can get a few codes from someone nice.
I didn't know you can get PTCG cards via codes. What are you using to get them?

Years
You get a code inside each booster pack. You redeem the code which gives you a free booster for the official on line pokemon TCG simulator.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
You get a code inside each booster pack. You redeem the code which gives you a free booster for the official on line pokemon TCG simulator.
Oh simulators. Figures.

Last time I played the TCG I was...10? 12? Can't remember well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back