• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
Does anyone know what number the intro picachu (the one above the message in the intro)
ears are in unLZ-GBA? I know that the rest of the pikachu can be found at 341 and 342.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Does anyone know how to download Advanced Text I've tried to download it but every time I try to run it an error comes up saying that a component it missing.
Yes, it is comctl32.dll the missing element! If you want to, you can download Advance Text from my website (Go on my account contact info, I can't post links). These .dll are included in the download. You go on Hack Rom Tools (it's in italian, but it's not very difficult, I'm translating it)->Click on Hack Tools->Click on the Game Boy Advance->You search in the list Advance Text and you download it!
Then you unzip it and it's ready to use!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Does anyone know what number the intro picachu (the one above the message in the intro)
ears are in unLZ-GBA? I know that the rest of the pikachu can be found at 341 and 342.

You can find the ears at 2028 in an untouched FR ROM.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
So, I've been looking into this tutorial, and it's worked out very well so far, but after finishing with the image inserting, it goes on to show how to give an item an ability to do something by giving it a script, but in my case, I'm making stones for evolution.
My question is if I have to do this step for stones? Because I feel that I can just ggo into Yape and say that a pokemon evolves with the stone I made, and then when the player uses the stone, it shows that the pokemon can evolve with it, and then they click on the pokemon, it evolves, and the item goes away. Would that be how it works? Or do I have to do the last few steps of this as well?
Here's the tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258426
It seems I've also run into another problem. How do I make it appear in Yape so it can actually be used for evolution?

Last edited:

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
Can someone direct me to a link to a tutorial where I can find out how to change the sprite of Oak when he's giving that long speech at the beginning?

Or tell me the number/offset it comes up in on unLZ GBA, well assuming that's how you change it.

Oh I'm hacking fire red if that helps

Thanks in advance :)

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Type: Double Wild Battle Spots
Editor: PKSV

I try make Pokemon Black 2 Demake on GBA... And i need know if it was possible to add special Double Wild Battle Spots in grass <I do special tile for it>

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
Can someone direct me to a link to a tutorial where I can find out how to change the sprite of Oak when he's giving that long speech at the beginning?

Or tell me the number/offset it comes up in on unLZ GBA, well assuming that's how you change it.

Oh I'm hacking fire red if that helps

Thanks in advance :)
Follow >Dante<'s tutorial on how to edit the intro hero except instead of changing the hero change the prof.
The unLZ-GBA number is around 342 and the APE offset is 004623B4.

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
Advance Text

Yes, it is comctl32.dll the missing element! If you want to, you can download Advance Text from my website (Go on my account contact info, I can't post links). These .dll are included in the download. You go on Hack Rom Tools (it's in italian, but it's not very difficult, I'm translating it)->Click on Hack Tools->Click on the Game Boy Advance->You search in the list Advance Text and you download it!
Then you unzip it and it's ready to use!
Hi, i'm new here.

I've been looking for a text editor of any kind for Pokemon Fire Red all around the web, and have found nothing but Advance Text, and it does not work. even the one on your site does not work for me.
Any time i download Advance text and double click the EXE, it gives me an error stating

"component Comdlg32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is there any alternative to Advance text, or is there a way to fix Advance text to make it usable?

i've been working on getting a Fire Red hack going, but this is important and i can't find something that works.

PS: i've also seen the youtube vidoes where people say to put Comdlg32.ocx or the other one into system32 or sysWOW64 and use the Run or command prompt to register the file manually, but even that doesn't work.
should i just give up hacking?

Last edited:

itman

Back to ROM hacking. :D
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Hi, i'm new here.

I've been looking for a text editor of any kind for Pokemon Fire Red all around the web, and have found nothing but Advance Text, and it does not work. even the one on your site does not work for me.
Any time i download Advance text and double click the EXE, it gives me an error stating

"component Comdlg32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is there any alternative to Advance text, or is there a way to fix Advance text to make it usable?

i've been working on getting a Fire Red hack going, but this is important and i can't find something that works.

PS: i've also seen the youtube vidoes where people say to put Comdlg32.ocx or the other one into system32 or sysWOW64 and use the Run or command prompt to register the file manually, but even that doesn't work.
should i just give up hacking?

I'm pretty sure that same file is in another program, that's how I got a-text to work...I dragged and dropped it. I'm pretty sure it's in Overworld Editor: Rebirth edition. Download that, and then drag and drop the file.

passarbye

Just passin' thru
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2017
A-Text

I'm pretty sure that same file is in another program, that's how I got a-text to work...I dragged and dropped it. I'm pretty sure it's in Overworld Editor: Rebirth edition. Download that, and then drag and drop the file.
your right, it comes with ComCTL32.ocx, but it says that it needs (or something isn't working with) ComDLG.ocx
and where do i paste the files to? the INI folder for A-Text?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
What does it mean in A-map when it says "AvancedMapError(5): Value $FFFFFFFF is not a pointer!"? And how do I fix it? It's messing up all of my gameplay for that map. All I did was remove the wild pkmn data.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
What does it mean in A-map when it says "AvancedMapError(5): Value $FFFFFFFF is not a pointer!"? And how do I fix it? It's messing up all of my gameplay for that map. All I did was remove the wild pkmn data.
NEVER remove wild Pokémon data... this is what happens... if you don't want Pokémon to appear, just set the frequency to 0% but NEVER remove it...

@Ksiazek Bartlomiej: Jambo's working on patch. So far it's not possible throughout normal meanings.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017

NEVER remove wild Pokémon data... this is what happens... if you don't want Pokémon to appear, just set the frequency to 0% but NEVER remove it...

@Ksiazek Bartlomiej: Jambo's working on patch. So far it's not possible throughout normal meanings.

Yeah, trust me, won't happen again. The only thing I'm worried about, is that a similar thing happened to me before, where I deleted a map connection (which I also won't do again), and it started messing with other maps, completely distorting maps and tilesets. To fix the wild pkmn data problem, I just re-inserted the same map into the bank, and that one works fine. So, as long as I leave the other one that messed up alone, everything else should continue to work fine, right?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

Yeah, trust me, won't happen again. The only thing I'm worried about, is that a similar thing happened to me before, where I deleted a map connection (which I also won't do again), and it started messing with other maps, completely distorting maps and tilesets. To fix the wild pkmn data problem, I just re-inserted the same map into the bank, and that one works fine. So, as long as I leave the other one that messed up alone, everything else should continue to work fine, right?

Actually, by definition in the ROM, it isn't possible to set the frequency to 0. It automatically raises it to a base value if you set it to 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back