• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mirages in the Sand [Gen V Battle Log]

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022

Mirages in the Sand

a battle log for the ages!

Hey guys! Despite my significant amount of time spent here (and recently, amount of time per day on PO), I've actually never done a battle log before. I've done some comments on an awful one by Gamer but aside from that I've never touched this kind of stuff. So, scouring my logs folder for a decent match that didn't end in a ragequit like all of my matches inevitably do, I actually found several good battles that I'd like to log! Anyway, I was just testing out a couple of new ideas for teams on the ladder and I came across a name I recognized as a pretty good battler, so I got my team ready for the long haul...

Also, I get the feeling that this is the first Gen V battle log at PC!! Silly Oppo beating me to the punch. :(

I'll reveal both teams at the start because I had access to Team Preview. WhiteQueen's team is shown in the order that it was revealed. ;D
note: I tried to get it to look alright on most themes, but if it doesn't look good, try to change your theme!

vraikou's team:

386%20SF.gif
571.gif
380.gif
130.gif
445.gif
212.gif

WhiteQueen's team:

248.gif
530.gif
479%20WF.gif
437.gif
579.gif
445.gif

Battle between WhiteQueen and vraikou started!

Tier: Standard OU
Variation: +21, -10 < - this is always the first thing that catches my eye, especially when battling a new opponent. +21, -10?? WhiteQueen is easily much higher on the ladder than me, meaning that he's probably going to be making some classy moves...
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

386b%20SF.gif
vs.
248.gif

vraikou sent out Deoxys-S!
WhiteQueen sent out Tyranitar!
Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Alright, cool. I feel like this battle is starting off easily in my favor. See, I don't run your standard Deoxys-S set with Spikes, Stealth Rock, the works - nor do I run a Dual Screen variant. No, my Deoxys is more of an anti-lead, basically here to smack whatever leads are commonly used. I also run Spikes on Deoxys, as entry hazards are always incredible to have. Tyranitar, thankfully, is a common lead - I'm fairly sure that I run enough attack to OHKO 252/0 TTars, which are the most common ones iirc. Plus, after I Superpower it into oblivion, Latias will definitely have an easier time doing whatever she wants to do later on. Obvious choice is obvious!

Start of turn 1
Deoxys-S used Superpower!
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 84% of its health!
Deoxys-S's Attack fell!
Deoxys-S's Defense fell!

Tyranitar used Payback!
It's super effective!
Deoxys-S lost 99% of its health!
Deoxys-S hung on using its focus sash!

The sandstorm rages!
Deoxys-S is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Deoxys-S fainted!
Tyranitar restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Deoxys-S // 0%, fainted
Tyranitar // 22%
Sandstorm damage and Tyranitar's Leftovers will be edited out from here on out. The HP totals will keep track of them though. ;D

---

201%20frag.gif
vs.
248.gif

...okay, what the hell? Are we running a physically defensive Tyranitar here? No, I don't think that anyone could be that blatantly stupid to run a +Def Tyranitar when Hippowdon's an option. I'm actually betting more that this right here is my own fault, miscalculating something. Until this point, I was working out a new Deoxys-S set for myself and so all of my EVs weren't set in stone. I also hadn't faced a Tyranitar with it yet... Though it means I'm not getting up any entry hazards at all, it's not like I can't deal with Tyranitar. :T

Battle Recap

5 - 6: WhiteQueen

vraikou's Team Status
Deoxys-S: 0% // fainted
Zoroark: 100%
Latias: 100%
Gyarados: 100%
Garchomp: 100%
Scizor: 100%

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Tyranitar: 22%
Excadrill: 100%
Rotom-W: 100%
Bronzong: 100%
Reuniclus: 100%

Sand

---
vraikou sent out Scizor!

571b.gif
vs.
248.gif

And while I should have been conservative this early in the match, I decided that I was going to go balls-out early on. Besides, wouldn't any normal player expect me to be conservative himself? The Bullet Punch from "Scizor" here is really very obvious; slower Scizors can't risk to U-turn or Bug Bite, because they don't want to take a Fire Blast to the face from the now-standard MixTar. I fully expect him to go to Rotom-W to swallow the BP and to avoid sacking his Tyranitar this early in the game like I usually do - and even if he stays in to Fire Blast me, Zoroark can take it. I'll take the free opportunity to grab a Nasty Plot and hopefully nab Rotom-W when it comes into play.

Start of turn 2
Scizor used Nasty Plot!
Scizor's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Tyranitar used Rest!
Tyranitar went to sleep and became healthy!

Zoroark @ Scizor // 94%
Tyranitar // 100%, Resting

---

571b.gif
vs.
248.gif

Well, then. The fact that he runs Rest on Tyranitar and keeps it in on Scizor alerts me to a couple of things. First of all, he was clearly anticipating a U-turn and knew his Tyranitar outsped standard CB Scizor. (Also, his TTar really could be physically defensive...) That's what it appears to be, at least. I can see why he left it in on Scizor not caring about BP at the same time - if my Scizor BP'd, he could bring in Rotom-W on a 4x resist rather than eating a U-turn. This fellow is over-thinking me already. :(

Anyway, I've got a +2 Zoroark that outspeeds everything on his team except Excadrill or a random scarfer ready to kill something. If he's adept in any manner he'll have noticed that a) Scizor doesn't know Nasty Plot and b) it took Sandstorm damage that last round, so Zoroark's cover is blown regardless. I don't want to overpredict and lose whatever momentum I have right now, so I'm going to go for the obvious OHKO with Focus Blast.

Start of turn 3
Scizor used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 100% of its health!
Tyranitar fainted!
Scizor is hurt by its Life Orb!

Zoroark @ Scizor // 78%
Tyranitar // 0%, fainted
Zoroark's Life Orb damage will be edited out from here on out.

---

571b.gif
vs.
201%20frag.gif

Woot! Not much to say here, though like I said before it should be easier for Latias to maneuver around now.

Battle Recap

5 - 5: draw

vraikou's Team Status
Zoroark: 78%%
Latias: 100%
Gyarados: 100%

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Tyranitar: 0% // fainted
Rotom-W: 100%
Bronzong: 100%
Reuniclus: 100%

Sand

---
WhiteQueen sent out Excadrill!

571b.gif
vs.
530.gif

Damn. I hate Excadrill. Not only does it outspeed my entire team, it resists my only priority in Scizor's Bullet Punch. I get the feeling that Zoroark is a) not going to live whatever Excadrill throws at it and b) going to be more useful when the game progresses a little more and I can identify what his responses are to certain Pokemon. My best switch into Excadrill right now is Gyarados; he's probably not going to use Rock Slide because it won't hit Zoroark hard enough to KO and the accuracy is terrible; he hardly wants to go for Gyarados right now and risk Zoroark staying in. I'd much rather expect him to spam X-Scissor or Earthquake, because if he stays in to Swords Dance he's presumably dead by Focus Blast/Flamethrower and then the rest of his team is swept by +2 Zoroark. Anyway, this is an obvious opening for Gyarados!

Start of turn 4
vraikou called Scizor back!
vraikou sent out Gyarados!

Gyarados intimidates Excadrill!
Excadrill's Attack fell!

Excadrill used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Gyarados // 100%
Excadrill // 100%, -1 Attack
Gyarados' Leftovers will be edited out from here on out.

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
530.gif

stupid internet, not having animated gyarados backsprite >:C

Sweeeet. I got Gyarados in scot-free, and now I've swerved the momentum back my way. I run a Bulky DD Gyarados - Taunt stops annoying things like Vaporeon from Protecting on my Bounce turns, and Waterfall/Bounce get very near perfect coverage... except that one of the things Waterfall/Bounce doesn't hit for neutral is Rotom-W, a member of my opponent's team. (I honestly love the hell out of Team Preview. Don't you?) Now, I figure I have like three options here. 1) I could DD up; 2) I could click Waterfall on the off chance that Excadrill stays in; or 3) I could predict the switch to Rotom-W and double-switch to Latias, who inevitably walls everything Rotom-W does. I know I can throw out option 1 right away: a +1 Waterfall still does about zilch to Rotom-W. Waterfall seems like a stupid idea as well - WhiteQueen knows that the only thing keeping him from being swept by Zoroark is Excadrill, and he can't afford to make stupid decisions now - he's definitely going to switch out. And that means we're going to switch out too!

Start of turn 5
WhiteQueen called Excadrill back!
WhiteQueen sent out Rotom-W!

vraikou called Gyarados back!
vraikou sent out Latias!

Latias restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Latias // 100%
Rotom-W // 94%
Latias' Leftovers will be edited out from here on out. ;)

---

380b.gif
vs.
479%20WF.gif

Nailed it, haha. While it looks like nothing awesome really went on here, I did notice something small - Rotom-W doesn't have any Leftovers recovery, meaning that its either Specs'd or Scarf'd, likely running a set of Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power [Fire]/Trick. It's still totally walled by Latias, meaning I basically have a free turn here to do whatever I want. Since I really have no idea what WhiteQueen is going to do against Latias now that Tyranitar is down, I might as well take advantage of the situation by pulling up a CM.

Start of turn 6
WhiteQueen called Rotom-W back!
WhiteQueen sent out Bronzong!

Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Latias // 100%, +1 SpA/SpD
Bronzong // 100%

---

380b.gif
vs.
437.gif

Well, damn. Bronzong really shuts down a lot of what Latias can do in any situation. Despite Bronzong's excellent resistances and stats and general defensive presence, I haven't seen enough of it this generation to justify exactly what the "common set" is. Running over Bronzong's potential actions... Okay, so let's go with the easy. So far, he hasn't pulled a Stealth Rocker out yet (or perhaps Tyranitar was one, but the random Rest on that moveset kind of discourages me from assuming that). Bronzong could easily just set up SR if it has it. I feel fairly confident in assuming that if he doesn't SR this next turn that he doesn't have it on 'Zong at all.

Bronzong could also try to Gyro Ball my Latias and make it more convenient for Rotom-W to fling around Volt Switches or whatever the move is called now, haha. The last thing I can imagine it doing is Tricking a Choice Band which would be fairly annoying for Latias but I don't think it's going to be doing much flat-out sweeping this time anyway. The most damaging option for me is obviously a Trick, but I again can't imagine WhiteQueen being so easy to give it up on the sixth turn of the match. Anyway, it's time for me to pull my own trick card...

Start of turn 7
Latias used Reflect Type!
Latias copied Bronzong's types!

Bronzong used Gyro Ball!
It's not very effective...
Latias lost 26% of its health!

Latias // 80%, +1 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic typing
Bronzong // 100%

---

380b.gif
vs.
437.gif

And this is where I thank Opposite Day and Dark Azelf for random mentions of movesets on our PO server! Reflect Type is a fairly gimmicky move that only Latias and a couple of other Pokemon get. Basically, it copies the opposing Pokemon's typing and replaces it over your own. It's really useful against 'mons like Tyranitar whose Pursuit you now resist and can flee from, and Ferrothorn whose Leech Seed you are immune to and Power Whip 4x resistant to (and a Gyro Ball resist too!). That's not all of them, either - Bronzong, obviously, is a fairly good option to Reflect Type against. TBH the worst part about this move is that I sometimes forget I'm other types... I had Reflect Type'd a Ferrothorn once and then they sent out Blaziken, who promptly OHKO'd me with Flare Blitz. :(

Anyway, aside from set-bragging, Latias is at a clear advantage here. I can stat up a little more with little worries, because Latias' Levitate is still keeping me from losing to 'Zong's EQ. Plus, even if it is Choice Banded (which I doubt on account of damage output), it's not going to be switching out of Gyro Ball any time soon.

Start of turn 8
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Bronzong used Confuse Ray!
Latias became confused!

Latias // 86%, +2 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic, Confused
Bronzong // 100%
Confusion notices will still stay 'round cos it's a status condition and stuff.

---

380b.gif
vs.
437.gif

...or not. Confuse Ray? Is he just trying to be annoying as hell? :|

'kay, I'm already tired of whatever his plot is. I'm gonna fire off a Dragon Pulse to see how much damage I'mma chunk out at this point in time against giant bellfag, and hopefully see how much more I'm going to have to CM. :[

Start of turn 9
WhiteQueen called Bronzong back!
WhiteQueen sent out Reuniclus!

Latias is confused!
Latias used Dragon Pulse!
Reuniclus lost 49% of its health!

Latias // 93%, +2 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic, Confused
Reuniclus // 51%

---

380b.gif
vs.
579.gif

I suppose that was to be expec... actually, I have absolutely no idea why he did that. While Bronzong indeed could do nothing to me, Reuniclus is endlessly walled/beaten by a +2/+2 Steel/Psychic Latias. The best I can figure is that he's got something that can clean OHKO me (Excadrill maybe, and potentially a Scarf Garchomp?) but can't switch in directly to a potential Dragon Pulse (or HP Fire, since the guy doesn't know my whole set yet). Actually, WhiteQueen anticipating HP Fire makes more and more sense, since I stayed in on Bronzong... oh well. I'm hoping that the 49% was simply a low damage roll and hopefully I'll nab the 2HKO on Reuniclus.

Start of turn 10
Latias is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Latias lost 8% of its health!

Reuniclus used Trick!
Reuniclus switched items with Latias!
Reuniclus obtained one Leftovers!
Latias obtained one Iron Ball!

Reuniclus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

TyrenZo is watching the battle.
Latias // 85%, +2 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic, Confused
Reuniclus // 57%
Well, now that Reuniclus has Latias' Leftovers, I will be cutting them out for it. Just know that Latias doesn't have them anymore, haha.

---

380b.gif
vs.
579.gif

...well then. I suppose sacking Reuniclus wasn't his intention, after all. I could say he got lucky with the confusionhax there, but there was an equally likely chance that I'd only hit 49% or 50% when trying to Dragon Pulse it again, so I can't really call that hax at all. I'm not particularly bothered by the speed-cutting function that Iron Ball has, and Reuniclus poses absolutely no threat to me at +2/+2, so I'mma CM up again. ;D

Start of turn 11
Latias is confused!
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Reuniclus used Psychic!
Latias lost 4% of its health!

TyrenZo stopped watching the battle.
Latias // 81%, +3 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic, Confused
Reuniclus // 63%

---

380b.gif
vs.
579.gif

ALRIGHT MR. TYRENZO IS THIS BATTLE TOO BORING FOR YE

Anyway, I really don't know if he was expecting me to do something else, but Reuniclus is now basically complete set-up bait for me. It literally can't touch me, especially since I Mirror Type'd into Steel/Psychic. My best guess as far as to what he was doing was either a) he forgot that I was Steel/Psychic or b) he was just trying to sac Reuniclus (gosh, I keep wanting to call him Rank TT__TT) to get something in for free. A is unlikely, considering his skill... he's probably trying to buy a free switch, meaning he thinks he's got something that can OHKO me but can't switch in out of fear of Latias (who I think he still imagines to have both Dragon Pulse and HP Fire). It very well could be either Excadrill or a scarfed Garchomp, so I figure I might as well burn this turn and go for another CM because he's definitely going to try to sac Reuniclus.

Start of turn 12
Latias is confused!
Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Reuniclus used Psychic!
Latias lost 3% of its health!

Latias // 78%, +4 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic, Confused
Reuniclus // 69%

---

380b.gif
vs.
579.gif

Yes! Alright. I really have no indication of what he's going to do next, as he's either going to let me stay in and keep statting up while he's trying to get me to sac Reuniclus or he's gong to take a chance and let me potentially maul his incoming sweeper. Or, perhaps, if he's still assuming I have DPulse + HP Fire (and thus no Recover), he's assuming I'm stupid and is trying to wear me down with the most reliable move he has? Either way, I'm running down on health so I'll take this moment to hopefully recover and get back to near-100%. With my luck, Latias will hit herself in confusion seven times and Reuniclus will have an absurd critical hit rate and crit every time and get Special Defense drops while I can't do anything back.

... when that's the only way something can beat you, you basically have free turns to do whatever you want.

Start of turn 13
Latias snapped out its confusion!
Latias used Recover!
Latias regained health!

Reuniclus used Psychic!
Latias lost 3% of its health!

Latias // 97%, +4 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic
Reuniclus // 75%

---

380b.gif
vs.
579.gif

Okay, good. We avoided non-existant hax (double crits!!) and successfully got back up to top condition. Reuniclus is hopeless to stop my inevitable Calm Minds, so now it's time for me to finish maxing out Latias' stats. CM it is!

Start of turn 14
WhiteQueen called Reuniclus back!

Latias used Calm Mind!
Latias's Sp. Att. rose!
Latias's Sp. Def. rose!

Latias // 97% +5 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic
Bronzong // 100%

---

380b.gif
vs.
437.gif

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Last turn, by using Recover, I alerted WhiteQueen to my entire moveset, meaning he knows Bronzong doesn't really fear Latias at all any more. Great. Well then, we'll try to make use of this wonderful +5 stacked Special Attack and smack Bronzong around a bit. Besides, it's not like Bronzong is going to do anything to Latias anyway - Toxic doesn't work on her clever Steel/Psychic typing. ;D

Start of turn 15
Latias used Dragon Pulse!
Bronzong lost 37% of its health!

Bronzong used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
Latias lost 51% of its health!

Bronzong restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Testing pokes is watching the battle.
Testing pokes stopped watching the battle.

Latias // 46% +5 SpA/SpD, Steel/Psychic
Bronzong // 69%
Bronzong's Leftovers will be edited out from now on.

---

380b.gif
vs.
437.gif

...Or not. WELL DAMN. I totally had no idea that Iron Ball kills my Levitate. :|

I'm not really ready to sac any kind of mon, and free switches are always nice. Offensively, this Bronzong runs Earthquake and Gyro Ball; I could swear I remember the set thing saying that it sometimes runs HP Ice as well (to kill off Chomps and stuff? idk). Anyway, Gyarados basically has like a 100% free switch-in here because it's going to EQ to finish off Latias. Might as well save some death fodder in case I need it. ;D

Start of turn 16
vraikou called Latias back!

Gyarados intimidates Bronzong!
Bronzong's Attack fell!

Bronzong used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Gyarados // 100%
Bronzong // 75%
Gyarados' Leftovers will be edited out from now on. ;DD

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
437.gif

Wondaful! I love this whole "predicting good" thing that I've been doing with Gyarados here. :D Now here's where the hard decision is - I know that Rotom-W is still alive and well over on WhiteQueen's side, and as long as it's still alive, Gyarados absolutely cannot sweep. He's probably going to be cautious because the last time we were in this situation, I double-switched into Latias. I've got this crazy feeling that he's not going to be willing to let Latias come in on the double-switch and Recover up on his Rotom-W. I'm going to go with my gut here and leave Gyarados in to DD up; at the very least, he'll be able to smack Bronzong or whatever comes in in its place.

Start of turn 17
Gyarados used Dragon Dance!
Gyarados's Attack rose!
Gyarados's Speed rose!

Gyarados became confused!

Lunar. is watching the battle.
Gyarados // 100%, +1/+1 Atk/Spe, Confused
Bronzong // 81%

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
437.gif

this non-animated gyara makes me a sad panda :((

Alright seriously screw Confuse Ray. :< I suppose that was the safest move for WhiteQueen here; I could have double-switched into Latias and Gyro Ball would have mauled it, but I could have equally as likely just stayed in with Gyara and set up and Gyarados takes about 2 from Gyro Ball. Anyway, now that I've statted up a bit, I don't really imagine that Bronzong is really going to stay in here and if it does, it's eating a +1 Waterfall. Dragon Dancing again would be pointless as long as Rotom-W is around; it lives +2 Waterfall and +2 Bounch and clean OHKOs with Thunderbolt. Gyarados is too valuable of a commodity right now for me to sac him at full health. :)

Start of turn 18

Gyarados is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Gyarados lost 18% of its health!

Lunar. stopped watching the battle.
Gyarados // 82%, +1/+1 Atk/Spe, Confused
Rotom-W // 88%

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
479%20WF.gif

FOILED! Curses. :(

Well, regardless of what happened there (except for maybe a little smackin' round) Gyarados would have been forced out by Rotom-W anyway. I kinda wanted to damage it a little bit, but... my best switch-in to Excadrill isn't giving itself away for anything, especially when this Rotom could still be scarfed and outspeed me. My best switch-in to take this obvious Thunderbolt issss... Latias! :D

Start of turn 19
vraikou sent out Latias!

Rotom-W used Trick!
Rotom-W switched items with Latias!
Rotom-W obtained one Iron Ball!
Latias obtained one Iron Ball!

Latias // 40%
Rotom-W // 82%

---

380b.gif
vs.
479%20WF.gif

This one turn reveals absolutely everything about his team for me. His entire team is based around an Excadrill sweep; he tries to nail things with Levitate/Flying-types with Iron Balls (teehee) so that he can clean up everything with Earthquake. I feel like this is really obvious now and I don't know why I'm saying it but hey, at least I figured out exactly what's going on. So, taking a look at everything, I know that I definitely cannot allow Gyarados to die, as he's more or less my only check to Excadrill. I'm going to have to be really careful when maneuvering it in too; getting hit by some Rock Slides or whatever and then getting flinched might mean the end of me.

Getting back into this turn, though, Latias isn't going to live much longer unless I heal up now. Latias runs 252 Timid, meaning I should outspeed and heal up before this Rotom-W does.

Start of turn 20
WhiteQueen called Rotom-W back!

Latias used Recover!
Latias regained health!

Latias // 84%
Bronzong // 87%

---

380b.gif
vs.
437.gif

BRONZONG MY FATED ENEMY. This is going to just go in one big cycle until I can wear out Rotom-W and its non-existent (or bad) recovery - Gyara comes in on Bronzong, Rotom-W comes in on Gyara eating a Waterfall, Latias comes in on Rotom-W eating Thunderbolt or whatever, and then Bronzong comes on Latias... With neither of his Pokemon having any useful kind of recovery I'll be winning this circular war. To Gyarados we go!

Start of turn 21

Bronzong's Attack fell!

Gyarados became confused!

Gyarados // 82%, Confused
Bronzong // 93%

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
437.gif

:|

Well that sucks. Obviously, now, he's going to go to Rotom-W to take the impending waterfall/kill it with lightning, and then I'll have to go to Latias, and then... wait. How about I try to cut this off a little before it even begins...?

Start of turn 22
vraikou sent out Scizor!

Zoroark @ Scizor // 72%
Rotom-W // 76%

---

571b.gif
vs.
479%20WF.gif

Haha! I told you that I thought it would be useful!

At this point in the actual battle we're making moves so quickly that I highly doubt that he actually noticed the fact that a) I haven't brought out my actual Scizor and so it's at 100% and therefore not this Pokemon, nor has he noticed that "Scizor" took sandstorm damage (though I deleted that from the log). Plus like Scizor would be a decent switch-in to Bronzong anyway (takes like two from Gyro Ball, etc etc). Anyway we're making moves quickly here so he doesn't realize what's going on so let's annihilate Rotom-W anddd...!

Start of turn 23
Scizor used Dark Pulse!
Rotom-W lost 57% of its health!

Rotom-W flinched!

Zoroark @ Scizor // 56%
Rotom-W @ 11%

---

571b.gif
vs.
479%20WF.gif

Gotcha, you turd. :)

I'm wary of something stupid coming in here and resisting Dark Pulse (aka yo Excadrill noob) and I'm fairly sure Flamethrower KOs (it KOs with sandstorm anyway) so I'll finish Rotom-W off with that and hopefully nothing stupid will come in and take away the pleasure of KOing one of his mons. :>

Start of turn 24
Scizor used Flamethrower!
Rotom-W lost 11% of its health!
Rotom-W fainted!

Zoroark @ Scizor // 40%
Rotom-W // 0%, fainted

---

571b.gif
vs.
201%20frag.gif

TASTE OF VICTORY AWAITS YE ZOROARK ... we haven't seen this box in a while, have we? :DD

Battle Recap

5 - 4: vraikou

vraikou's Team Status
Zoroark: 40%
Latias: 84%
Gyarados: 82%

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Rotom-W: 0% // fainted
Bronzong: 93%
Reuniclus: 75%

Sand

---

571b.gif
vs.
530.gif

FFF. Alright, wonderful. He again knows totally that it's Zoroark now (pssh I always run Flamethrower Scizor) so obvious impending EQ is obvious. I don't want to sac Zoroark quite yet as it still outspeeds everything save Excadrill so yeah! Gyarados switch time!

Start of turn 25
vraikou called Scizor back!

Gyarados intimidates Excadrill!
Excadrill's Attack fell!

Excadrill used Rock Slide!
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 55% of its health!

Gyarados // 27%
Excadrill // 100%, -1 Atk

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
530.gif

asdlkf;jdsfkas;ldj WROOOOOOOOOOOAR PEEKO !

Aw, damnit. I knew that was going to happen way back when but I guess not. This is why in the heat of battle you don't auto-click what your first instinct is. :/ Regardless of how useless Gyara is now, I want to save it. Everything can be salvageable, even if you make an awful mistake like I just did - plus, his Intimidate can perhaps let me set up on Excadrill... I'll go off to Latias because tbh with Rotom-W gone there's not much that it still does for me. :<

Start of turn 26
vraikou sent out Latias!

Excadrill used Rock Slide!
Latias lost 38% of its health!

Latias // 40%
Excadrill // 100%, -1 Atk

---

380b.gif
vs.
530.gif

And back we go to Gyarados. My whole gameplan that I just had just kinda got screwed over by that switch-in to Rock Slide. Damn, Vrai, damn. :/

Start of turn 27
WhiteQueen called Excadrill back!

Bronzong's Attack fell!

Gyarados // 27%
Bronzong // 99%, -1 Atk

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
437.gif

wot do

Um, what? Was he concerned that I was going to like come in and make him go to -2 Attack while he killed me? I... I don't know. Did he even know I was just Intimidate-spamming? :( REGARDLESS Bronzong being in actually gives Gyarados a reason to live again. I should actually be able to set up on him and perhaps maybe possibly sweep?!? I'm really not expecting much at this point anyway. :T

...but wait. What did he do last time 'Zong was out on Gyarados? Didn't he...

Start of turn 28
Gyarados used Taunt!
Bronzong fell for the taunt!

Bronzong can't use Confuse Ray after the taunt!

Gyarados // 27%
Bronzong // 100%, Taunted, -1 Atk

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
437.gif

TROLLOLOLOL! Whoo! Nothing changes the way you feel in the middle of a match than absolutely shutting down your opponent's next move. :D

...except he still has Excadrill and I'm still kinda boned. Buuut... okay, re-evaluate gameplan right now. I have a near-dead Gyarados who's probably going to get mauled by Excadrill when/if when it comes back in, I have a non-levitating Latias who's going to also be killed by that very same Excadrill, I have a near-dead Zoroark who is outsped and mauled by it, and then I have Garchomp and Scizor. Both Chomp and Scizor are going to be able to live a +0 EQ from Exca and hopefully KO back. In all honesty, I really don't want to let Excadrill come in and give it any kind of setup. While I probably could go back and DD, Excadrill still outspeeds even a +2 Gyarados, making whatever boosts I get meaningless. I also don't want to directly switch to something else because honestly he could switch out to his Garchomp (which could be scarfed!!). The easiest and safest move for me to make here is to sac Gyarados and then get Garchomp out on Excadrill and KO it. :<

Start of turn 29
Gyarados used Waterfall!
Bronzong lost 30% of its health!

Bronzong flinched!

Gyarados // 27%
Bronzong // 73%, Taunted, -1 Atk

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
437.gif

Oooh. If he's going to keep Bronzong in on me...?

Start of turn 30
Gyarados used Dragon Dance!
Gyarados's Attack rose!
Gyarados's Speed rose!

Bronzong used Gyro Ball!
Gyarados lost 15% of its health!

Bronzong's taunt ended!

Gyarados // 12%, +1/+1 Atk/Spe
Bronzong // 79%, -1 Atk

---

Spr_b_5b_130_m.png
vs.
437.gif

Well that was useless and stupid. I probably would have gotten more damage out and likely a flinch by smacking it with another Waterfall buuuut whatever. Gyarados was honestly doomed from the point that I switched it into that Rock Slide. :( Time for Gyarados to make it's last Waterfall. ;-;

Start of turn 31
Gyarados used Waterfall!
Bronzong lost 44% of its health!

Bronzong used Gyro Ball!
Gyarados lost 11% of its health!
Gyarados fainted!

Gyarados // 0%, Fainted
Bronzong // 41%, -1 Atk

---

201%20frag.gif
vs.
437.gif

Gyarados, you did your duty. o/ And now, looking over my choices, we have... three options. I don't even count Latias as an option at this point. Option #1) Zoroark could come in, Dark Pulse Bronzong to death, then get mauled by Earthquake. Option #2) Garchomp could come in, hope for the burn/flinch with Fire Fang while getting smacked by Gyro Ball (as I don't imagine Scarf Fire Fang KOs right now) and then die to Excadrill's Earthquake. Option #3) Scizor comes in, easily takes whatever Bronzong throws at it (except maybe that retarded confusion) and then proceeds to smack Excadrill around a little bit.

Guess which option I chose.

Battle Recap

4 - 4: draw

vraikou's Team Status
Latias: 40%
Gyarados: 0% // fainted

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Bronzong: 41%

Sand

---
vraikou sent out Scizor!

212b.gif
vs.
437.gif

Ohh! Alright, new gameplan (again)! Bronzong is utter set-up bait for my amazingly awesome SD Scizor that is really good in this metagame. Scizor tanks everything that Bronzong does (save um Confuse Ray) and then I'll easily KO it with +2 Bug Bite. Plus, Scizor can take a +0 Excadrill Earthquake so maybe I can actually pull out of this mess alive!

Start of turn 32
Scizor used Swords Dance!
Scizor's Attack sharply rose!

Bronzong used Earthquake! (wow that's weak haha)
Scizor lost 13% of its health!

Scizor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Scizor // 93%, +2 Atk
Bronzong // 49%, -1 Atk
Scizor's Leftovers will be cut out from here on. ;)

---

212b.gif
vs.
437.gif

NICE. Bronzong lookin' scurred from mah Scizor!

I don't really want to give him the chance to confuse me while I SD up more, just to die to a combination of confusehax and Bronzong spamming EQ. Bug Bite to kill off this pesky Bronzong!

Start of turn 33
Scizor used Bug Bite!
Bronzong lost 49% of its health!
Bronzong fainted!

Scizor // 99%, +2 Atk
Bronzong // 0%, Fainted

---

212b.gif
vs.
201%20frag.gif

As expected! I'd bet ten bucks that Excadrill comes out next. (then again I already read this log like fifty thousand times while I was editing it so maybe I'm spoiling it for you? ...or maybe I just don't want these ten bucks!)

Battle Recap

4 - 3: vraikou

vraikou's Team Status
Scizor: 99%

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Bronzong: 0% // fainted

Sand

---

212b.gif
vs.
530.gif

Alright. I know for absolute sure that Scizor can take a +0 Excadrill Earthquake, its strongest attack. However, there are a couple things going on here... first of all, I'm not sure Bullet Punch 2HKOs. Since Scizor's going to be taking a hit anyway, it's definitely in my better interest to use Bug Bite as it'll smack it harder. Secondly, in all honesty, this could be a CB Excadrill. I have absolutely no idea. I haven't damaged it, and it hasn't switched attacks. If he really is running a set like that... I lose right here, right now. :/

Start of turn 34
Excadrill used Earthquake!
Scizor lost 81% of its health!

Scizor used Bug Bite!
Excadrill lost 67% of its health!

Scizor // 24%, +2 Atk
Excadrill // 33%

---

212b.gif
vs.
530.gif

...whew. No silly noobish sets here. :)

AND I AM FINALLY RID OF THE EVIL POKéMON KNOWN AS EXCADRILL that would otherwise ravage my team. Bullet Punch should easily finish it off from here.

Start of turn 35
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Excadrill lost 32% of its health!
Excadrill fainted!

Scizor // 30%, +2 Atk
Excadrill // 0%, Fainted

---

212b.gif
vs.
201%20frag.gif

Captain Red Bullet, at your service! Crushing weak mons with resisted priority? Check!

Obviously he's not going to send out Reuniclus here, as Scizor mauls it. Out comes Garchomp... and it'll get a nasty beating. >:D

Battle Recap

4 - 2: vraikou

vraikou's Team Status
Scizor: 30%

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Excadrill: 0% // fainted

Sand

---
WhiteQueen sent out Garchomp!

212b.gif
vs.
445.gif

There's really not that much I can say here, haha. All of you know what I have to do, and so does WhiteQueen. He just can't do anything to stop it. ;D

Start of turn 36
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Garchomp lost 65% of its health!

Garchomp used Earthquake!
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 28% of its health!
Scizor fainted!

Scizor // 0%, Fainted
Garchomp // 35%

---

201%20frag.gif
vs.
445.gif

GAH RANDOM GARCHOMP BULK !!! It was a meaningless crit against me, though. :T

I can still win this. My own Garchomp is Scarfed... from the looks of it, his might be too. What's even better is that I've got the advantage here because he's locked into Earthquake and I can drop right into Outrage for the OHKO. Game, set, match...?

Battle Recap

3 - 2: vraikou

vraikou's Team Status
Scizor: 0%

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Garchomp: 35%

Sand

---

vraikou sent out Garchomp!

445b.gif
vs.
445.gif

Alright, Chompy. Show this fool how we finish matches!

Start of turn 37
vraikou's Garchomp used Outrage!
The attack of vraikou's Garchomp missed!

This is why people want to ban Sand Veil. :|

WhiteQueen's Garchomp used Dragon Claw!
The attack of WhiteQueen's Garchomp missed!

And this is why some people don't want it banned. B)

vraikou's Garchomp // 100%
WhiteQueen's Garchomp // 35%

---

445b.gif
vs.
445.gif

Well that was... bad. Potential game-winning hax on his side... and then game-saving hax on my side. Do two wrongs make a right? :(

Anyway, I know now that he's not wearing any kind of choice item. Maybe he's abusing Brightpowder?? DEAR GOD DON'T MAKE ME LOSE TO WOLFCHOMP. I've got to go with the only option I have: and that is to click Outrage. please don't miss please don't miss please don't miss

Start of turn 38
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
WhiteQueen's Garchomp lost 35% of its health!
WhiteQueen's Garchomp hung on using its focus band!

WhiteQueen's Garchomp used Dragon Claw!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
vraikou's Garchomp lost 100% of its health!
vraikou's Garchomp fainted!

vraikou's Garchomp // 0%, Fainted
WhiteQueen's Garchomp // 1%

---

...are you kidding me?

(20:31:15) sims796: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

...nah just kidding with you guys. :]

Start of turn 38
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
WhiteQueen's Garchomp lost 35% of its health!
WhiteQueen's Garchomp fainted!

vraikou's Garchomp // 100%
WhiteQueen's Garchomp // 0%, Fainted

---

445b.gif
vs.
201%20frag.gif

WhiteQueen doesn't have a choice anymore. The end is near! >:D

Battle Recap

3 - 1: vraikou

vraikou's Team Status

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Garchomp: 0% // fainted

Sand

---
WhiteQueen sent out Reuniclus!

445b.gif
vs.
579.gif

Time to wrap this up. Garchomp >> OUTRAEG

Start of turn 39
Garchomp used Outrage!
Reuniclus lost 55% of its health!

Reuniclus used Recover!
Reuniclus regained health!

Garchomp calmed down!
Garchomp became confused!

Garchomp // 100%, Confused
Reuniclus // 76%

---

445b.gif
vs.
579.gif

FFF. ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO CONFUSION-STALL ME TO DEATH

Alright, problem. I have this weird hunch that this Reuniclus is far from your standard set... I mean, Iron Ball Trick? Doesn't that almost just scream Trick Room for you? I'm nervous. He can still pull a victory out of his ass, by golly. I really don't want to hit myself in confusion and give him a free turn to TR and then OHKO the rest of my team. Then again, he might keep recovering until he gets to full health to live a potential Zoroark Dark Pulse...

...but to be completely honest, despite the randomness of his Iron Ball sets, I highly doubt that he has TR Reuniclus. :( I mean, it's a possibility, but a stupid one. What's he going to run for coverage with Trick/Recover/Psychi - oh, wait. He can't run TR without losing to Zoroark anyway. I know now with everything that I've got that he's going to Recover and hope that Garchomp hits itself. I'm ending this match right now, man.

Start of turn 40
vraikou called Garchomp back!
vraikou sent out Zoroark!

Reuniclus used Recover!
Reuniclus regained health!

Zoroark // 34%
Reuniclus // 100%

---

571b.gif
vs.
579.gif

Now I can say it for real: game, set, match.

Start of turn 41
Zoroark used Dark Pulse!
It's super effective!
Reuniclus lost 100% of its health!
Reuniclus fainted!

vraikou won the battle!
vraikou: gg
WhiteQueen: Goddammit!

Battle Recap

3 - 0: vraikou

vraikou's Team Status
Zoroark: 18%

WhiteQueen's Team Status
Reuniclus: 0% // fainted
Garchomp: 0% // fainted

Sand

That was definitely probably one of the heaviest battles I've ever played. It quite literally felt like every turn I was under a huge pressure to get my move right - and it really did come down to the wire, even if the end score doesn't really show it. Several times, had I made one different move or one mistake, I would have been cleanly swept... :( Anyway, GG WhiteQueen!

Props & Slops

props:
¤ Scizor, for being amazing like it usually is and nearly taking out half of his team in about four turns
¤ Sand Veil for not giving me a terrible loss
¤ Zoroark for cleaning house early-game and killing off Rotom-W so Scizor could do what it did
¤ Excadrill & WhiteQueen's prediction level because half the time he knew what I was going to do before I did (aka the reason why Gyarados died)
¤ In a surprising twist, Deoxys-S finds himself upon this list. Why? It kept SR off the field for my opponent, which would have easily changed the outcome of the match had it actually gone up
¤ and of course, WhiteQueen himself for the excellent match​
slops:
¤ Gyarados for being awful and not doing anything at all
¤ Reuniclus for being likewise useless
¤ My prediction quality with Gyarados
¤ Gyarados again
¤ Bronzong for simply being absolute set-up bait and allowing me to clear a path to win the match
¤ Wolf for not PMing everyone pics when Lala beat him
¤ Focus Band​

Credits go to Opposite Day for inspiring me, Wolflare & Opposite Day for looking over this log after I have slaved over it for so many hours, Postman for the box which is really useful/awesome even though I look like an awful copycat by using it after Oppo just posted a log with it , and you guys, the readers. I know I got kinda wordy at times and I was probably boring or whatever compared to better log-writers but STILL THIS WAS MY FIRST! ;-;

Also Opposite Day came up with this title. Cheers, bro! :D

oh yeah this site gave me all the animated sprites I could ever need (except Gyarados backsprite :<)

Anyway post comments please! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Another good battle log, good formatting and battle. Don't really have much else to say. Keep it up!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Great log Vrai. I personally found the humor with the Garchomp vs. Garchomp sand veil hax to be rather funny. Also your focus band joke was quite funny as well.

My only issues with the log were the flinch hax's you got with Dark Pulse at the beginning, and the waterfall one from Gyarados vs. Bronzong (but that didn't matter much to be honest, so ignore that). And you said you knew Iron Ball removed levitate, only to say "...Or not. WELL DAMN. I totally had no idea that Iron Ball kills my Levitate. :|" later. Which made no sense to me. :x Wolf and Oppo failed at their jobs. >:[

Love the battle though. Hope to see more. Yours and Oppo's are encouraging me to start saving logs for the chance that I get a good match like this. :]

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
YEAAAH! It looks even better as a thread than a PM!

/obligatory "garchomp has so much bulk there is no way it would go down to a +0 Dragon Claw" post.

Other than that, I really enjoyed reading through this (again!!), and I hope that you'll keep on battling strong and ofc WRITE MORE LOGS. (otherwise it would be straight off to the chopping block with these etc) :]

sorry about not spotting the irony with the balls before aero pointed it out :[

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
YEAAAH! It looks even better as a thread than a PM!

/obligatory "garchomp has so much bulk there is no way it would go down to a +0 Dragon Claw" post.

Other than that, I really enjoyed reading through this (again!!), and I hope that you'll keep on battling strong and ofc WRITE MORE LOGS. (otherwise it would be straight off to the chopping block with these etc) :]

sorry about not spotting the irony with the balls before aero pointed it out :[

That's why I made it a critical hit, you noob. >:(

Also I thought that the whole irony balls thing was your fault. At least, I know that I didn't put anything about it when I was talking about Bronzong tricking things...?

And ya I'll write more (and hopefully be less reliant on you so you can look at themmm as a thread and not in-progress like five times)! :D

Great log Vrai. I personally found the humor with the Garchomp vs. Garchomp sand veil hax to be rather funny. Also your focus band joke was quite funny as well.

My only issues with the log were the flinch hax's you got with Dark Pulse at the beginning, and the waterfall one from Gyarados vs. Bronzong (but that didn't matter much to be honest, so ignore that). And you said you knew Iron Ball removed levitate, only to say "...Or not. WELL DAMN. I totally had no idea that Iron Ball kills my Levitate. :|" later. Which made no sense to me. :x Wolf and Oppo failed at their jobs. >:[

Love the battle though. Hope to see more. Yours and Oppo's are encouraging me to start saving logs for the chance that I get a good match like this. :]

Thaaanks. :D

(I blame all issues with this log on Oppo) ;D

Another good battle log, good formatting and battle. Don't really have much else to say. Keep it up!

Thanks Wolf! :]

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
This entertained me, especially the part on Garchomp vs. Garchomp. You should do more, Vrai. Keep up!

Years
Vrai, please have my kids. Anyhow, this was a great log and the narration was spot on. My only qualm about this, one that wanted to make me shout "VRAI YOU NOOB", was
when you CM'd on Washy Rotom, even though you predicted it was a choicer with Trick. That was a huge risk, imho.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
This entertained me, especially the part on Garchomp vs. Garchomp. You should do more, Vrai. Keep up!

Thanks, haha. :3

Vrai, please have my kids. Anyhow, this was a great log and the narration was spot on. My only qualm about this, one that wanted to make me shout "VRAI YOU NOOB", was when you CM'd on Washy Rotom, even though you predicted it was a choicer with Trick. That was a huge risk, imho.

There was an equally likely risk that I was choiced for WhiteQueen. Rotom-W has absolutely no business staying in on Latias (especially not until it knows its set) and WhiteQueen was fairly conservative at the beginning of the match. I don't really think that WhiteQueen would have been silly enough to Trick it at first sight.

(now, if it came right back in after something died/it switched out...)

Thanks though! I really appreciate your comments. <3

Back