• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ The Competitive Frenemies ★ Rival Fan Club! ★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
The Competitive Frenemies:

images

For those who like Rivals... For everyone. Welcome to The Competitive Frenemies, the Rival Fan-Club. Join this Fan-Club if you like rivals!

Rules:

1. Abide by all PC Rules.
2. Don't argue.
3. Try to be active as possible, and have your say on as many Topics as possible!
4. Choose one Fully-Evolved Pokemon and one Un-Evolved Pokemon upon joining. Also choose a rival upon joining.
5. One Pokemon you choose has to be owned by a rival you chose.
6. No spamming, trolling or inappropriate posts.
7. Put Rival stories in Spoilers.
8. Introduce New Topics only after the old one has been at least 3 days old.
9. Enjoy the club!

The Sign-Up Form:

Your Username:
Your Rival:
Partner Pokemon:
Why do you like Rivals?:

Answer the Current Topic. The new Topic right now is...

What is your favourite Pokémon of each rival?

Rivals:

Hover over the Rival Pictures to see their identity/nickname. Their Current Pokemon are shown are under them.

To know whose Pokemon is whose, check this section.

Spr_B2W2_Blue.png

Spr_5b_003_m.png
Spr_5b_006.png
Spr_5b_009.png
Spr_5b_018.png
Spr_5b_020_m.png
Spr_5b_022.png
Spr_5b_028.png
Spr_5b_036.png
Spr_5b_038.png
Spr_5b2_059.png

Spr_5b_065_m.png
Spr_5b_068.png
Spr_5b2_080.png
Spr_5b_082.png
Spr_5b_085_m.png
Spr_5b_091.png
Spr_5b_094.png
Spr_5b_103.png
Spr_5b_123_m.png
Spr_5b_125.png
Spr_5b_127.png
Spr_5b_130_m.png
Spr_4h_134.png
Spr_5b_135.png
Spr_5b_136.png
Spr_5b_142.png
Spr_5b_214_m.png
Spr_5b_221_m.png
Spr_5b_229_m.png
Spr_5b_230.png
Spr_5b_241.png
Spr_5b_248.png
Spr_5b_464_m.png

Spr_HGSS_Silver.png

Spr_5b_154_m.png
Spr_5b_157.png
Spr_5b_160.png
Spr_5b_065_m.png
Spr_5b_082.png
Spr_5b_094.png
Spr_5b_169.png
Spr_5b_461_m.png

Spr_RS_Brendan.png
Spr_RS_May.png

Spr_5b_253.png
Spr_5b_256_m.png
Spr_5b_259.png
Spr_5b_272_m.png
Spr_5b_277.png
Spr_5b_279.png
Spr_5b_285.png
Spr_5b_320.png
Spr_5b_357.png

Spr_RS_Wally.png

Spr_5b_282.png
Spr_5b_082.png
Spr_5b_301.png
Spr_5b_315_m.png
Spr_5b_334.png

Spr_DP_Barry.png

Spr_5b_389.png
Spr_5b_392.png
Spr_5b_395.png
Spr_5b_078.png
Spr_5b_143.png
Spr_5b_214_m.png
Spr_5b_398_m.png
Spr_5b_407_m.png
Spr_5b_419_m.png

Spr_BW_Cheren.png

Spr_5b_497.png
Spr_5b_500.png
Spr_5b2_503.png
Spr_5b_335.png
Spr_5b_505.png
Spr_5b_508.png
Spr_5b_510.png
Spr_5b_512_s.png
Spr_5b_514.png
Spr_5b_516.png
Spr_5b_521_m.png
Spr_5b_526.png
573.png
Spr_5b_612.png

Spr_BW_Bianca.png

Spr_5b_497.png
Spr_5b_500.png
Spr_5b2_503.png
Spr_5b_508.png
Spr_5b_512_s.png
Spr_5b_514.png
Spr_5b_516.png
Spr_5b_518.png
Spr_5b_609.png
Spr_5b_620.png

Spr_B2W2_Hugh.png

Spr_5b_497.png
Spr_5b_500.png
Spr_5b2_503.png
Spr_5b_330.png
Spr_5b_512_s.png
Spr_5b_514.png
Spr_5b_516.png
Spr_5b_521_m.png
Spr_5b_604.png
Spr_5b_626.png

Pokemon (National Pokedex - 144):

This all the Pokemon that rivals had ever used. These are all the Pokemon ever available.

If you are a going to be a New Member, please check out the "Rivals" section instead to get an idea on whose Pokemon is whose. Then check this section to you choose your two Partner Pokemon (In which one's kind must be owned by the Rival you chose and the other can be from any rival, but has to be un-evolved).

If you were permitted to get a new Pokemon, please check this section for the Pokemon you want. However it would be, most of the time, you could only get an Un-Evolved Pokemon.

Spr_5b_001.png
Spr_5b_002.png
Spr_5b_003_m.png
Spr_4h_004.png
Spr_4h_005.png
Spr_4h_006.png
Spr_5b_007.png
008.png
009.png
Spr_5b_016.png
017.png
018.png
Spr_5b_019_m.png
020.png
021.png
022.png
027.png
028.png
Spr_5b_036.png
Spr_5b_037.png
038.png
041.png
042.png
Spr_5b_058.png
059.png
063.png
064.png
065.png
Spr_5b_068.png
077.png
078.png
Spr_5b2_080.png
Spr_5b_081.png
082.png
Spr_5b_085_m.png
090.png
091.png
092.png
093.png
094.png
Spr_5b_102.png
103.png
111.png
112.png
Spr_5b_125.png
Spr_5b_127.png
130.png
133.png
134.png
135.png
136.png
Spr_5b_142.png
143.png
152.png
153.png
154.png
155.png
156.png
Spr_4h_157.png
158.png
159.png
160.png
169.png
Spr_5b_214_m.png
215.png
221.png
Spr_5b_229_m.png
Spr_5b_230.png
Spr_5b_241.png
Spr_5b_248.png
252.png
253.png
255.png
256.png
258.png
259.png
Spr_5b_270.png
271.png
272.png
Spr_5b_277.png
278.png
279.png
280.png
282.png
Spr_5b_285.png
Spr_5b_301.png
Spr_5b_320.png
330.png
334.png
Spr_5b_335.png
Spr_5b_357.png
387.png
388.png
389.png
390.png
391.png
392.png
393.png
394.png
395.png
396.png
397.png
398.png
418.png
419.png
446.png
461.png
464.png
495.png
496.png
497.png
498.png
499.png
500.png
501.png
502.png
503.png
504.png
Spr_5b_505.png
506.png
507.png
508.png
509.png
510.png
511.png
512.png
513.png
514.png
515.png
516.png
517.png
518.png
519.png
520.png
Spr_5b_521_m.png
Spr_5b_526.png
573.png
Spr_5b_604.png
Spr_5b_609.png
Spr_5b_612.png
620.png
626.png

List of Members:

Hover over the names to see how many points they have! Also hover over the Sprites to see the Rival's/Pokemon's Identity!

Umbr30n (Owner)
Blue_OD.png
059MS.png
495MS.png

Olli97 (Member)
Blue_OD.png
027MS.png
016MS.png

Za_Destroyer (Member)
Hugh_OD.png
133MS.png

Wateria (Member)
May_RS_OD.png
501MS.png
279MS.png

Aryan143 (Member)
Blue_OD.png
006MS.png
016MS.png

Hikari10 (Member)
Cheren_BW_OD.png
503MS.png
133MS.png

Madic0 (Member)
Wally_OD.png
136MS.png
280MS.png

Levels List:

There are two kinds of levels.

Normal Levels:
Member: Given when someone joins.
Super Fan: Given to Members when they reach 75 points.
Mega Member: Given to Super Fans when they reach 300 points.
Ultimate Member: Given to Mega Members when they reach 1000 points.
Ultra Fan: Given to Ultimate Members when they reach 3000 points.
Veteran: Given to Mega Fans when they reach 8000 points.

Supporter Levels:
Supporter: Given to people when I deem them worthy.
Super Supporter: Given to Supporters once they earn 200 points since they became Supporter.
Ultimate Supporter: Given to Super Supporters once they earn 700 points since they became Super Supporter, and have made 10 detailed posts in total.
Master Supporter: Given to Ultimate Supporters once they earn 2000 points since they became Ultimate Supporters, and have made 25 detailed posts in total.
Contributor Master: Given to Master Supporters once they earn 5000 points since they became Master Supporters, and made 50 constructive posts.

Point Table:

Posting: 1 point.
Joining: 5 points.
New Topics: 5-10 points.
Userbars: 5-20 points.
Detail in Posts: 5-20 points.
Banners: 10-40 points.
"Rival Fan Club" link in your signature: 40 points per week.
Contribution to Events: 40 points.
Competition winning: ??? + An Emblem.

Awards:

40 points: Receive another Un-Evolved Pokemon whose kind is owned by your rival.
90 points: Receive a random item.
160 points: Evolve one of your Pokemon.
240 points: Receive the Earth Badge.
330 points: Colour around your name.
430 points: Receive a good random item.
550 points: Contact another rival to expand your variety of Pokemon Allowed.
680 points: Receive an Un-Evolved Starter Pokemon.
830 points: Evolve one of your Pokemon.
1000 points: Glow around your name (Cannot go with Colour around your name).
1195 points: Receive a good random item.
1455 points: Duo-Volutionize one Pokemon (Evolves one Pokemon twice - Gives you the required RFC Currency Amount if you are unable to Duo-Volutionize one Pokemon).
1720 points: Evolve one of your Pokemon once (Gives you the required RFC Currency Amount if you are unable to evolve one Pokemon).
2000 points: Shiny one of your Pokemon (Gives you the required RFC Currency Amount if you are unable to Shiny one Pokemon).

RFC Shop:

Here, you can buy items to improve your Pokemon. What you use is RFCC (Rival Fan Club Currency) to buy some things that can evolve, shiny, or obtain Pokemon and much more. Earning RFCC is much harder than earning Points, plus you don't just earn them from normal things like posting your Topics. However, you earn them by things such as being a great example to others, winning a very active competition, having a great Activity Level at the Club and much more.

More items will be introduced in time!

Normal Items:

Poke Ball (30% chance to catch Pokemon - Costs 30RFCC)
Xvolutionizer (Evolves most kinds of Pokemon - Costs 50RFCC)
Devolvizer (Devolves a Pokemon to it's last stage - Costs 10RFCC)
Everstone (Stops a Pokemon Evolving or Devolving - Costs 10RFCC)
Soothe Bell (Increases a Pokemon's happiness - Costs 30RFCC)
Razer Claw (Evolves a Pokemon when paired Rare Candy - Costs 40 RFCC)
Rare Candy (Has a 40% chance of evolving a Pokemon - Costs 20 RFCC)

Better Items:

Duo-Volutionizer (Evolves a Pokemon twice - Costs 90 RFCC)
Mystery Ball (90% chance to catch any Pokemon - Costs 90RFCC)
Shiny 1t (Makes a Pokemon Shiny - Costs 120RFCC)
Fire Stone (Evolves some kinds of Pokemon - Costs 60RFCC)
Thunder Stone (Evolves some kinds of Pokemon - Costs 60RFCC)
Water Stone (Evolves some kinds of Pokemon - Costs 60RFCC)
Moon Stone (Evolves some kinds of Pokemon - Costs 60RFCC)
Leaf Stone (Evolves some kinds of Pokemon - Costs 60RFCC)
Link Cable (Evolves some kinds of Pokemon - Costs 60RFCC)

Questions And Answers:

Any questions? PM or VM me and I will type all the answers down here! There are a few default ones to clarify some parts that may be confusing.

Q: Why are some Pokemon in Evolutionary Lines absent?
A: They aren't used by Rivals, and therefore cannot be displayed.

Q: Is it possible to evolve Ralts into Gardevoir using a Normal Evolution Method?
A: No, the only way to evolve Ralts into Gardevoir is Duo-Volutionizing. They cost 90 RFC at the Rival Fan Club shop and need 1455 points to get in Awards.

Q: What does it mean by "Good Random Item" in the Awards Section?
A: It basically gets you a better Item. Instead of say, having a Poke Ball, you might get something like the Duo-Volutionizer instead (But there are much more, don't just expect that).

Events:

1: The Big Quiz (25th-31st November): A quiz with many questions about Rivals and their Pokemon.

2: Quiz Tournament (25th-??? ????): A quiz tournament where people get eliminated over time.

Current Topics:

Used: Why did you choose your Pokemon, and why did you choose your Rival?
Used: Which Rival's story do you like the best and why?
New: Out of all the true Rivals, who needs improvements and why?

New: What is your favourite Pokémon of each rival?

images

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Your Username: Olli97
Your Rival: Blue
Partner Pokemon: Ozzy the Sandshrew and Not-Pidgey the Pidgeot.
Why do you like Rivals?: I feel like rivals are as important characters in the games as the villainous teams for the most part, however there are a few examples I don't quite feel live up to it. It also seems like the whole rival thing has lost its touch over the years from back in the old games of, since the whole rival thing has become more like "YAAAY FRIENDS, ALTHOUGH NOW THAT WE'RE ON AN ADVENTURE, WE SHOULD BE RIVALS TOO", instead of the actual rival feeling that came from the ones like Blue and Silver, and a bit from Wally too, since they didn't actually know each other prior to the adventure. The best example of the perfect rival would probably be Blue, as he's pretty much what defines a rival, and while I think Silver was a great other rival, he and the protagonist didn't really share much of a bond in any way.

But yeah, they are of course an essential part of your journey, and are very meaningful characters, and a main series game without a rival just wouldn't really feel right.

Why did you choose your Pokemon, and why did you choose your Rival?

Eh, as for the Pokemon, I guess some people would find it pretty obvious. It was hard having to choose between which that should be the pre-evolution, but since both of them were finally available, I had to go with what I thought worked out best. I know Alex doesn't like Sandslash quite as much as Sandshrew, so chose him as the prevolution, and then I'll just have to live with Not-Pidgey not being a Pidgey :(

As for why I chose Blue. As I mentioned, Blue is the best example of an actual rival in my opinion, and since he was also the first rival for me, I kinda preferred him over everyone else /bias. However, it was that kinda rivalry, where he would act like a total douche, try out every opportunity he could get to show how much better he was than you (failing for the most part I may add), however you could still see that there was a friendship with them. He wasn't outright violent like Silver was for example, and he did often act more like he was testing how far the protagonist had gotten, rather than how far he himself had gotten, and just trying to beat you like Silver did. I dunno, it may just be me, but I just feel like he was the perfect friend-rival, not like how Cheren and Bianca was, but just in a way that made it seem more like they were actually rivals. Idk, that's just how I see it.

Za_Destroyer

hmmm yes I drive gud
Years
Your Username: Za_Destroyer
Your Rival: Hugh (B2/W2)
Partner Pokemon: Alex the Eevee and Hammy the Heracross
Why do you like Rivals?: They're usually a tough opponent in battles. Besides, you get lots o' EXP Points for beating them! ^_^

Well, as for Hugh, I picked him because he never backs down. Even after his sister's Purrloin was kidnapped by Team Plasma, he never gave up on her and kept on looking for Purrloin.

I picked Eevee as one of my partners because 1) He's super cute <3 and 2) He can evolve into 7 different forms. I picked Heracross because he's just plain epic. I mean, who doesn't like giant, powerful bugs with horns on their heads?:classic:

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I would like join this club please

your username: Wateria
your rival: May
Partner pokemon: Aqua the Oshawott and Birdie the Fearow
why do you like rivals: They always catch you off guard and they are always tough to beat

why did you choose your pokemon, and why did you choose your Rival

I choose the pokemon because Oshawott is my favourite water pokemon and I always found Fearow an intesting pokemon.

I choose May as my Rival because she is the first one you can choose your Rival's gender and I prefer her over Brendan.

thank you for letting me join.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Your Username: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Charizard and Pidgey
Why do you like Rivals?: They are our rivals. They own pokemon powerful to us. They pose a great challenge to us.

Answering the topic:

As for the pokemon, when I choosed Bulbasuar in Leafgreen, my rival had a great Charizard and an annoying Pidgeot. It took me atleast 5 tries on the last 2 rival battles to beat him because of Pidgeot and Charizard. Then I came to know the usefulness of those two. Although Pidgeot was much weaker than Charizard, it was a great addition to my team.

As for Blue, It gives you a lot of variety of Pokemon to choose and his levels are much higher than the rivals in the other games before Elite-4. He is a champion too. He is also a great Gym Leader. He is the only Rival to be Champion or Gym Leader except Cheren. At last, I want to say that Blue is the best Rival.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Your Username: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Ozzy the Sandshrew and Not-Pidgey the Pidgeot.
Why do you like Rivals?: I feel like rivals are as important characters in the games as the villainous teams for the most part, however there are a few examples I don't quite feel live up to it. It also seems like the whole rival thing has lost its touch over the years from back in the old games of, since the whole rival thing has become more like "YAAAY FRIENDS, ALTHOUGH NOW THAT WE'RE ON AN ADVENTURE, WE SHOULD BE RIVALS TOO", instead of the actual rival feeling that came from the ones like Blue and Silver, and a bit from Wally too, since they didn't actually know each other prior to the adventure. The best example of the perfect rival would probably be Blue, as he's pretty much what defines a rival, and while I think Silver was a great other rival, he and the protagonist didn't really share much of a bond in any way.

But yeah, they are of course an essential part of your journey, and are very meaningful characters, and a main series game without a rival just wouldn't really feel right.

Eh, as for the Pokemon, I guess some people would find it pretty obvious. It was hard having to choose between which that should be the pre-evolution, but since both of them were finally available, I had to go with what I thought worked out best. I know Alex doesn't like Sandslash quite as much as Sandshrew, so chose him as the prevolution, and then I'll just have to live with Not-Pidgey not being a Pidgey :(

As for why I chose Blue. As I mentioned, Blue is the best example of an actual rival in my opinion, and since he was also the first rival for me, I kinda preferred him over everyone else /bias. However, it was that kinda rivalry, where he would act like a total douche, try out every opportunity he could get to show how much better he was than you (failing for the most part I may add), however you could still see that there was a friendship with them. He wasn't outright violent like Silver was for example, and he did often act more like he was testing how far the protagonist had gotten, rather than how far he himself had gotten, and just trying to beat you like Silver did. I dunno, it may just be me, but I just feel like he was the perfect friend-rival, not like how Cheren and Bianca was, but just in a way that made it seem more like they were actually rivals. Idk, that's just how I see it.

Welcome to the club!

I agree, the new Rivals aren't really much like Rivals. Barry was not that much of a Rival at first (The £1,000,000 pound fines are all just nonsense, and it's not something a rival does). But he does get a bit rival-like at the end, but unfortunately his nonsense is still retained. But otherwise, Barry is a good guy, and he kind of makes the right choice on what to catch! Barry is one of my favourite rivals though. He made a somewhat not-a-lot-to-do region quite fun.

I don't think Hugh is very much like a rival either. But unlike Barry, this one tended to last for quite a long time. You have many Tag Battles splitting up the battles with him. When you battle with him as a Tag-Partner for the first time, it will obviously be a long time until you and him could have a battle against each other again. Hugh is very nice to the player, something rivals won't usually do. I never saw him as a competitive Rival, especially due to the fact that you team up and have him as a Tag-Partner a number of times.

Your Username: Za_Destroyer
Your Rival: Hugh (B2/W2)
Partner Pokemon: Alex the Eevee and Hammy the Heracross
Why do you like Rivals?: They're usually a tough opponent in battles. Besides, you get lots o' EXP Points for beating them! ^_^

Well, as for Hugh, I picked him because he never backs down. Even after his sister's Purrloin was kidnapped by Team Plasma, he never gave up on her and kept on looking for Purrloin.

I picked Eevee as one of my partners because 1) He's super cute <3 and 2) He can evolve into 7 different forms. I picked Heracross because he's just plain epic. I mean, who doesn't like giant, powerful bugs with horns on their heads?:classic:

Welcome to the club! But one of your Pokemon has to be from your chosen rival. You will need to refer to the "Rivals" section again to check which other Pokemon that you have permission to get (Note that all Pre-Evolutions.

I would like join this club please

your username: Wateria
your rival: May
Partner pokemon: Aqua the Oshawott and Birdie the Fearow
why do you like rivals: They always catch you off guard and they are always tough to beat

why did you choose your pokemon, and why did you choose your Rival

I choose the pokemon because Oshawott is my favourite water pokemon and I always found Fearow an intesting pokemon.

I choose May as my Rival because she is the first one you can choose your Rival's gender and I prefer her over Brendan.

thank you for letting me join.

Welcome to the club! But, one of your Pokemon has to be from the rival you chose. Sorry. You will need to refer to the "Rivals" section again to check which other Pokemon that you have permission to get.

As for me, I had chosen Blue because he had always been there plus he is the most confident one in my opinion. Also he probably had the biggest story any rival can offer.

Spoiler:

I chose Arcanine because it is one of my favourite Pokemon, and it is also is very strong. Also it's design is awesome.

I chose Snivy because it's Evolutionary Line are the only Grass-Types I like, and they DO have great Move-Pools. Also it's Evolutionary Line has great designs, and it's just the coolest Grass Starter in my opinion.

Aryan143 said:
Your Username: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Charizard and Pidgey
Why do you like Rivals?: They are our rivals. They own pokemon powerful to us. They pose a great challenge to us.

Answering the topic:

As for the pokemon, when I choosed Bulbasuar in Leafgreen, my rival had a great Charizard and an annoying Pidgeot. It took me atleast 5 tries on the last 2 rival battles to beat him because of Pidgeot and Charizard. Then I came to know the usefulness of those two. Although Pidgeot was much weaker than Charizard, it was a great addition to my team.

As for Blue, It gives you a lot of variety of Pokemon to choose and his levels are much higher than the rivals in the other games before Elite-4. He is a champion too. He is also a great Gym Leader. He is the only Rival to be Champion or Gym Leader except Cheren. At last, I want to say that Blue is the best Rival.

Welcome to the Club. Hope you have a good time!

Charizard, in my opinion, is a VERY underrated (I'm serious) Pokemon and many people underestimate it due to it's double Rock weakness. But they seem to forget that Charizard is immune to the powerful Ground, and it wields a very good Move-Pool. Just because it doesn't have that good of an Attack Statistic doesn't mean it is a bad Pokemon! It's got a great Speed Statistic and a Special Attack Statistic, so no messing with Charizard.

Try not to forget that only one Pokemon's Kind needs to be owned by a Rival, so technically you already have infinite variety unless they are both not from your rival.

RFC Shop Announcement:

I've introduced 4 more items to the RFC Shop.

Razer Claw (Normal - Costs 40 RFCC): Evolves a kind of Pokemon when paired with Rare Candy.
Devolvizer (Normal - Costs 10 RFCC): Devolves a Pokemon to it's previous stage. Useful for getting other forms for Fully-Evolved Pokemon.
Rare Candy (Normal - Costs 20 RFCC): Has a 30% chance of evolving a Pokemon (Rare Candies cannot evolve Pokemon that require Stones or Friendship EXCEPT Razer Claw).
Mystery Ball (Better - Costs 115 RFCC): Has a 80% chance of catching ANY Pokemon.

Also, a little bit more information on Xvolutionizer and Duo-Volutionizer.

Xvolutionizer cannot evolve Pokemon that require Stones or other Items to evolve. They can only evolve Pokemon who evolve through level.

Duo-Volutionizer can only work on Pokemon who have Three-Stage Evolutionary Families. It will also only work if the Pokemon that is needed for it is completely Un-Evolved. It also cannot work if the final Evolution is obtained by Friendship or Items. But it will completely bypass the First Evolution requirements, regardless of what it is.

I'll be updating the first post with everything.

Last edited:

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Okay everyone, let's get this Club back on the road again.

Watchog has been added to the National Pokédex list because I just found out it is used by Cheren in your first Pokémon World Tournament Participation.
Cinccino has been added to the National Pokédex list because I just found out it is used by Cheren in your first Pokémon World Tournament Participation.

Banner.

Also, some changes has been made to the RFCC shop.

• Mystery Ball's Catch Chance has been raised to 90%
  • Poké Ball now only works on Un-Evolved Pokémon
  • Shiny 1t can now only be brought once every week
  • Rare candy evolving chance has been increased to 40%

Also time for a New Topic.

Which Rival's story do you like the best and why?

Remember to put Stories in Spoilers if you type them.

Last edited:
Years
Guess I'll join now.

Your Username: Hikari10
Your Rival: Cheren
Partner Pokemon: Samurott and Eevee
Why do you like Rivals?: I love them for their personalities and competitive spirit.

I picked Samurott cos it's my fave of the Pokemon owned by Unova's rivals and Eevee cos it's a fan favorite. As for why I picked Cheren, he's one of my fave characters and I love his personality.

Probably Hugh's cos I loved how he gets mad at Team Plasma for them stealing his sister's Purrloin. It was a rival backstory that really caught my eye.

(I decided to answer two topics so I can catch up)

Last edited:

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Updated everythin'.

Answering the Current Topic: I'd say Silver's story was the best, hands down. He's very mysterious at the start. There's really not much to say about this however.

Quiz Event:

I am now accepting entrants.

Rules:

-I will accept entrants until November 25th at 1:00 AM English Time.
-Only one entry per person.

Features:

-75 questions to answer (All don't have to be answered, but answers are to be sent through PM only).
-Some questions give out more points.

Olli

Years

Definitely Silver. Nothing much was ever explained about him, especially not through the original games, and we just went on thinking he was some idiot constantly getting in our way, and for some reason he really hated Team Rocket. Then we learn that Giovanni is actually his father, which from there we can just guess why he's such a bitter person, and it's easier to understand why he turned out that way. Though there isn't much to his backstory, it was easily the best of any rival that has ever been in any of the games, especially as most didn't even have one.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
answering the topic..

the rivals story I liked the best was Hugh's because he when on the journey just to get revenge on plasma cause they stole his sisters purrlion..I thought that was really sweet.

Also it seems I mucked up with one of my parter pokemon: could you add pelipper called Skylar

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Guess it's time for a New Topic.

Out of all the true Rivals, who needs improvements and why?

This does not count Brendan and May, as they technically are Half-Rivals (They don't battle at all at the end of the game). So try not to answer "Brendan" or "May", 'kay?

On the Current Topic: I'd say Wally because the amount of Pokémon he has is tiny. Although most are quite good Pokémon, I have to say, that he never uses any other Pokémon for other battles, and the only thing that's changed is a slight increase in Level. Also he's the kind of rival that you don't get at the start (Which makes him unique, but still), a thing that could potentially be a rule, so you don't get to see much of his Pokémon when they were in their Pre-Evolved Forms, which obviously limits the Pokémon you can have on this Club when you choose him as your starting Rival.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

I must say Hugh because although he have pokemon of very high levels at the ends, he ends up with using only 4 pokemon at the E4. His team can be defeated easily because he does not have type variety. He have the Monkey to save his starter but his team is weak after both the Starter and Monkey are defeated.

Years
Out of all the true Rivals, who needs improvements and why?

Silver, he doesn't have much diversity in his team regardless of the starter chosen. The starter is basically the only change in his team, he doesn't use any Pokemon of the other starter types and he uses two Poison-types at once (Zubat line and Gastly line). Hugh would come close but thankfully he doesn't double up on types.

Olli

Years
Out of my experience, I would have to say Wally. He wasn't really weak or anything, and he was often quite fun to battle, but he never really seemed to have the confidence of a good trainer, so he never really felt like much of a rival. During most of the game I actually believed he was just a side character that you'd only have to battle like twice or something to give other characters a part too, but I kinda realised that wasn't the case after a few battles. But as I said, taking in a lot of other games, he wouldn't really appear to be weak, except this game's difficulty was ridiculously high above the others. I remember at one point I was fighting to get through the Victory Road, having a hard time against the trainers, and standing at the exit with only like two Pokemon left... and then came Wally. I was so annoyed that I most likely had to lose my money and had to go through the entire cave again, but what do you know, I breezed through his Pokemon like they were nothing. How he even managed to get through is indeed a question to me, and I didn't feel like it was much of a final battle with you rival, but considering how I'd probably had laid the game off for a while if I had lost, I guess that was mroe of a good thing. In the end, he could use some improvements to his team, but I guess it's actually his character. In the beginning he was just a small and weak boy with no confidence at all, seeking the help of your character, and throughout the game you helped him mature. In your final battle before you try your luck against the E4, he still hadn't exactly become the strongest of trainers yet, but he kept on getting stronger and stronger ever since then, eventually actually putting up a good fight against my Pokemon. So while he in a sense could've had improvements to his team, I think it added more to his character that he didn't get those.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Zangoose will be added to the National Pokédex since it is used by Cheren in one of the regular Single Battle Matches of Pokémon World Tournament Non-Rental.

Event Update:

For the event, more prizes will be given out.

-25 RFCC for the winner.
-15 and 5 RFCC for second and third placers respectively (Will only be given out if there are about 4 players in the Quiz).
-Everybody else who does participate but does not gain First, Second or Third Place will get a certain amount of points.
-A person who gets all 75 questions correct will be offered the Supporter Rank.

Also, some more information.

-You can still Sign Up for the quiz until November 25th at 1:00 AM English Time.
-Not all questions have to be answered. It doesn't matter how many questions you answer!
-A question's Gain Points have been dropped and all Question's Gain Points will remain 1.
-You would have seven days to answer the questions.
-Answers must be sent through PMs.

On The Current Topic: They really should give Wally a Magnezone in Post-Story Mode in the R/S/E remakes. It makes his team better and also he wouldn't be limited to just using 6 kinds (Ralts + Gardevoir included) of Pokémon. Also, he even achieved the IMPOSSIBLE by training up his Ralts from Level 5, which, at the time, only had Growl. This needs a big improvement or something.

Madic0

Years
This looks fun; you can sign me up. =]

Your Username: Madic0
Your Rival: Wally
Partner Pokemon: Ralts, Flareon
Why do you like Rivals?: I feel they're a very underrated element in the games. They allow the player to connect to the game on a deeper level and add variety to what can sometimes be a long, drawn-out story (I'm looking at you, B/W).

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Welcome, Madic0, to Competitive Frenemies! I hope you will like this place.

I have to cancel the Quiz Tournament, as I have not got enough time to get it ready. To make it up, 10 RFCC has been given to all current members, and all who are going to join (This part applies for a fortnight only).

Also, there's a New Topic, the other one isn't getting answered a lot anymore. Or the club's just losing activity again.

Remember to list Brendan and May together, as they use EXACTLY the same Pokémon.

Also explain your answers with reasons, don't just give short answers. We don't want this club to turn out spam-y for a day like Blazing Inferno did.

Olli

Years

Oh wow, that's a bit hard to say, since it's kinda been different through each playthrough. There's rarely ever been one single Pokemon that's really stood out in the rivals' teams for me except for the starters, but that's to be expected. I'm gonna make an attempt to listn them though. I'll be excluding the B/W(2) rivals though, since i haven't played either of those games yet.

Blue

Here's a rather easy one, because with all the times I've played the games, one Pokemon has actually stood out in his team. While I'd like to say his Pidgeot, just because it's super awesome, his Alakazam has always been there to seriously bug me. I always had a tough time against it in R/B, since I didn't know what weakness Psychic types had (not sure if they were actually weak to Ghost Pokemon back then or if they had no weaknesses), so I never had any Pokemon to take it out quickly. And then it was just super strong. Most of the time I lost at least one Pokemon to it, and even though I haven't played the games in a long time, I'm pretty sure that's not something that would've changed.

Silver

Crobat. It was a Pokemon I really admired in the first few playthroughs, just because I thought it seemed so cool. At the time I had no clue how to get it, and quite frankly didn't want to raise a Zubat just to get it, because out of the three Pokemon of that line, I only really liked Crobat. It wasn't actually that much of a challenge, as I usually had Pokemon to counter it with, however it did at times outmatch me with its speed. But the main reason I really liked it was because of its design and how cool it was compared to the rest of its line.

May/Brendan
That's harder to say. I never really thought the third generation games lived up to its predecessors when it came to the rivals, as neither May, Brendan or Wally really stood out that much, probably because they replaced each other, but also because I didn't really saw any rivalry between them. It was more between friends. The same thing can really be said about the rivals from B/W, except Cheren stood out more as a rival than any of the others mentioned in that group. But when it comes to my favourite of May/Brendan's Pokemon, I'd have to say Wailmer. It isn't my favourite because I like the Pokemon, but because it was the hardest to beat of all their Pokemon. My Pokemon always got confused by its Water Pulse, and I usually ended up losing a Pokemon in a battle against it. They didn't get the Pokemon till late on though, so there were only like 2 or 3 battles with it. But yeah, it was still one of the harder ones.

Wally

With Wally it's definitely Gardevoir. Out of all of Wally's Pokemon, Gardevoir was definitely the most well trained and hardest, even though some of the others had more potential. I'd say this was the only rival where I could really feel a bond with one of their Pokemon with, and it definitely helped him in battle. I played through a ROM hack of Emerald once, where the difficulty was raised, and out of all the trainers I got to face before I gave up, Wally was the most challenging, solely because of his Gardevoir. If I didn't plan my strategy right and if I missed with any of my moves, it could wipe out my team faster than a Pikachu using Quick Attack >_< But I managed to squeeze through my battles, all my money spent on potions which were then spent on the battle, and most of my Pokemon fainted. Yeah, he's definitely the one that has been the biggest challenge, however that was only because of the improved difficulty. Otherwise he's usually extremely easy.

Barry

Definitely Staraptor. It was always the biggest challenge when battling against Barry because of its type combination covering a lot of my Pokemon, and with the great moves it had as well as how strong it was, it was a pretty big threat in any battle in which it was involved. Usually I sent out my own Staraptor to pit against his, though usually mine was more well trained, so mine often won. But yeah, biggest reason of all is that it's a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back