• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, even if they were, I would make the player find out for themselves. I'm not going to make a dex with every new Pokémon on it - what's the fun in that? It's more exciting when your Pokémon evolves if you don't know what it's turning into!

I'll give a clue, though - I will mostly only reveal Pokémon found early in the game. The later ones will stay secret.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Aha like the stupid bird and the stupid rat and so on. Also on the subject of pokemon do you plan to add evos of old pokemon? Or mabye forms of legends?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yep, those are the types. I might just not reveal them if you want, although I'm pretty sure Nintendo revealed Bidoof before release. Aren't there 2 Pokémon in the first post which are related to older Pokémon?
As for new legendary forms, most of the old legendaries won't be catchable in-game. For example, Dialga and Palkia live in Sinnoh; why would they be in my region? Also, I want to limit the number of legendaries catchable in-game. I will probably have a trio, the main legendary, and two non-plot related ones (like Cresselia and Heatran on D/P - they were obtainable without trading, but had no involvement with the plot).
However, I do have a nice idea for a 3rd Giratina form, and there will be a legendary which is a counterpart of an old Pokémon.

rallot12

Guy w/ 3 first names
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2008
This game is awesome

I cant wait to play it. this is awesome! great job.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Psyduck007: Yes, there will be new forms of Shellos.
Darkcookie: I'm not going to give away anything related to the legendaries now...

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
Well if your adding evo's to old pokemon, I'd die to see a Kangaskhan evo or something else.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Hey, Wichu. Its Sylar from beach. Looks great, I really like the maps! Also, I'm a huge fan of day/night-time battling systems, and I'm sure that had to be hard to code. If you ever need concepts, I'm your guy :)

MatthewSoft

The Ultimate Trainer
Years
Hello! This game looks awesome. I can't wait to play it. I also may be able to help with this.

Note: If you type in 'okemon amethyst' in Google, this thread gets first result! (leave the 'p' off Pokemon)

Manio

Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator
Years
...Indeed... Anyways a day and night battle system,that's pretty awesome.

timmy112

Learning to Hack
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
Idea

Wichu is there any way to give pokemon 3 types eg.

Charazard

Fire

Flying

Dragon

Just an idea?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Actually, the Day/Night battle system was already half-implemented. One of the methods used was outdated, so all I had to do was change it and uncomment it.

And three-type Pokémon are, in my opinion, a bad idea. They add unneeded complications to battles. Therefore, they're not in. One or two old Pokémon may be getting a type change, though ;)

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I think your game is looking really nice. I want to catch a Wichu! ^_^

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
porygon2

How about this image for Porygon2?
porygon2.png

Atomic Reactor

I would work on the outline a bit... it's all black. It shouldn't be.
What are you posting that for anyway 0_o (not trying to be mean, I just have no idea why you did it ^_^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back