• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xiaolin Showdown 2: Xiaolin Chronicles

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
@darkpokeball sry it's been a while hehe...but the new monk is named Ping-Pong? Seriously? As for Shadow, as long as she doesn't cut Chase's screen time, I could care less what she does. I mean, she couldn't be any worse than Wuya, right? This chick might actually be cool. I just hope there's a lot of Chase episodes. Shadow is so dang lucky!!! I wish I was her...maybe she's Chase's long lost daughter or something? That would be an interesting plot twist, and if Omi and Ping-Pong were brothers....Somebody write a fanfiction!!!!

Okay, my hopes for this show just got totally shattered. For the first time in my life, I might actually take notes on a tv show. I just found out for sure that Jason Marsden, the voice actor for Chase Young, would not be returning due to the development being in Canada. The only VAs who would be staying are Tara Strong, the voice of Omi, and the VA for Katnappe, though she will be taking over as Kimiko. As for the rest, they are going to be replaced. Chase also apparently looks older due to the new art, and with the new voice, it makes me hesitant to watch the show. If you need me, I'll be in the corner, crying while watching every episode of XS Chase was in while eating ice cream. :'(

Last edited:

AcidArmor

Haze
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
Loved this cartoon when I was a kid, I'm looking forward to this sequel. Can't say that I expected it though, it's been almost seven years since that last ep aired. Time to re-watch:)

Years
I remember Xiaolin Showdown as a child as well and watched quite a bit of the series since I watched every show on Kids WB up until their downfall in 2007 or so. However, I may not be as fond for the revival because it's one of those shows I haven't followed since I stopped watching it, but I'll have to see how it plays out.

But based on what I read, I'm at least happy that if I do follow the series that Tara Strong will stay as the voice of Omi. I really thought she did a good job with doing his voice.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
I remember Xiaolin Showdown as a child as well and watched quite a bit of the series since I watched every show on Kids WB up until their downfall in 2007 or so. However, I may not be as fond for the revival because it's one of those shows I haven't followed since I stopped watching it, but I'll have to see how it plays out.

But based on what I read, I'm at least happy that if I do follow the series that Tara Strong will stay as the voice of Omi. I really thought she did a good job with doing his voice.

I'm also glad that we would be at least getting one of the original voices, but it's still pretty heartbreaking that not all of them will return. GO TARA STRONG!!!!

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
This is just what I needed uggh. Just like OP, I grew up with this show and now I've grown up and have so much stress in my life. To be able to watch a sequel of this show would make me feel so much at ease and give me that nostalgic feeling I long for

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Oh! I remember this. Thought it was weird at first but I really enjoyed it when I was smaller. It was really interesting...But I don't remember much about the cast or the story, though.

I want to see how this turns out! :D

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
New Info!!!
The show will premiere on August 26th 2013 on Disney XD. Episode descriptions for the first 3 episodes have been added:
New Monk On The Block(ep. 1)
Omi takes newcomer PingPong as his protege, but eventually grows jealous when Ping Pong becomes everyones favorite. This causes a rift between the monks, further complicated by the arrival of a beautiful new candidate.

A Girl Named Willow(episode 2)
Willow and Ping Pong compete for top apprentice spot as well as Omi's attention. Meanwhile, Kimiko becomes suspicious of Willow's motives.

The Fall Of Xiaolin(episode 3)
When Willow uses her charm on all the boys in the temple, Kimiko becomes even more suspicious and she eventually discovers that Willow is actually Shadow. Meanwhile, Chase Young captures Ping Pong and takes revenge on Xiaolin, destroying the temple.

Source: http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/07/31/disney-xd-august-2013-programming-highlights/

What do you guys think of this?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I loved watching that cartoon when I was younger. I was really sad when the show ended. To this day, I still watch cartoons. But whether or not I'll watch this show depends on the network and whether I'll have a DVR available while it airs.

darkpokeball

Years
Xiaolin Chronicles has officially aired in the US!
The first episode provided some good foundation for the show...but the narrator at the beginning annoyed me. Also, Ping Pong is awesome. The new voices are going to take some getting used too...at least Omi stayed the same.

The second episode was a waste of time. It felt like mostly filler until the very end segment...and in the end only the end segment mattered in the third episode. It sort of felt like it could've been done in 15 minutes, like Terra-Ized. There's not even a single showdown!

The third episode was great. Like...the voices were still a bit...unfamiliar, but it was great and full of action. The only flaw was that in the showdown, Chase Young lost...but his 'good looks' didn't vanish.

What'd you guys think?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've been a fan of this series for a very long time. I used watch it ever Saturday on Kids' WB when I was younger. After watching it, I used to challenge my cousin to a showdown match where we just did some friendly punching and kicking. Haha. I am glad that they're having a new show. I haven't watched any of the latest episodes just yet, but I'll make sure to either catch up with it on YouTube or watch reruns on TV.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I remember watching this when I was a kid on Cartoon Network! or was it Disney Channel? I forgot xD I loved the series when I was a kid and now that it is back, I find it to be interesting. :33

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Xiaolin Chronicles has officially aired in the US!
The first episode provided some good foundation for the show...but the narrator at the beginning annoyed me. Also, Ping Pong is awesome. The new voices are going to take some getting used too...at least Omi stayed the same.

The second episode was a waste of time. It felt like mostly filler until the very end segment...and in the end only the end segment mattered in the third episode. It sort of felt like it could've been done in 15 minutes, like Terra-Ized. There's not even a single showdown!

The third episode was great. Like...the voices were still a bit...unfamiliar, but it was great and full of action. The only flaw was that in the showdown, Chase Young lost...but his 'good looks' didn't vanish.

What'd you guys think?

I thought the voices were annoying at first, but it kind of grew on me by the third episode. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY DID TO CHASE THOUGH T-T but Shadow was kind of cool despite her diet. My favorite line so far is "The kitties need a new chew toy." OH AND CHASE'S FREAKING HAIR FLIP!!!! :DDD I agree that the second episode was a waste of time, my favorite is the third one so far. I kind of now wish that Shadow and I could be friends...but I think it's great that they're putting in new characters. I did not like what they did to Chase's hideout though. It looks like the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin, and it was a cave with a cauldron of the dragon soup and a all-seeing bowl thingamajig, whereas he used to have a palace with indoor gazebos and waterfalls inside a cool volcano mountain thing.
Ping-pong isn't really a character I thought I would love, but I did. He's just so cute when he speaks French and dances with Kimiko.
I also kind of thought the new wu were lame and disappointing. The camo cloak was basically the shroud of shadows, but the brain thing was kind of cool; like the Serpent's Tail and the Reversing mirror in one, but the dodgeball bat was random. Fun, but random.
I also thought that the characters were kind of out of character at times. Like I know Dojo loves Master Fung, but it was kind of creepy when he said "You make my heart go pitter-patter when you talk Confucius." And when did Chase say cutesy things like "gumdrop" or even show affection to anyone? I mean, I like that part, but Dojo was plain creepy.
The showdowns were actually pretty good in my opinion. I thought I was going to hate it, but then you get excited trying to guess what they would look like in 3-D. And since I'm probably boring you with my frequent Chase-fangirl posts, I finish it off with this: I have a little more faith for this show now that I realize that they are trying to make it great, but there are a lot of adjustments to be made.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Hey new info! WARNING! SPOILERS!
Episode 4: Dojo has a dream about golden bunnies, marking the beginning of the monks quest to find them, as they will help them find a temple. However, if the bunnies are exposed to tense or evil enviornments, they will turn evil. The monks find the temple of the golden bunnies but are in conflict when Jack Spicer wants to take them and melt them for their gold. If the monks fight, the bunnies will turn evil, if not, Jack will take them. The monks decide to sit out and wait for Jack to upset the bunnies for them. Clay then drowns the bunnies, and the real talisman is revealed, and the other bunnies released. A showdown against Jack's Monkey Staff and Omi's Shroud of Shadows. No Chase/Willow.
Episode 5: After hearing about unusual earthquakes in Japan, Kimiko flies in the Silver Manta Ray to Tokyo in order to check up on her father. They had a heated arguement the last time she was home, so she also wanted to apologize. Once she arrived at Tohomiko Tower though, her father was excited on his new project; making a virtual Tokyo for people to live in! Kimiko tried to stop her father from tampering with nature when Jack hit with a killer virus. Now Kimiko has to go inside the game and shut it down. She resets the whole thing with the other monks, but her father erases it in the end, thinking it was for the best. No showdown/No Chase/Willow
Episode 6: Jack returns reunited with Pandabubba, who has traded underground criminal life for the aboveground meat industry. He proposes to fund Jack if he can steal cows from Clay's grandfather. Fortuntely, the monks were going anyway to celebrate Granpappy's 100th birthday. Jack uses the tongue of tsaiping to talk to the cows into going with him, double crossing pandabubba when he turns them into robots. The monks manage to stop him and return the cows home. No showdown, no Chase/Willow.
Since there are no Chase/Willow episodes in this batch, you can imagine how bummed I am. Not to mention the storyline is getting off topic. Did I mention that Dojo is also really depressed/obsessive over the loss of Master Fung? Yeah, it's creepy.

darkpokeball

Years
Hey new info! WARNING! SPOILERS!
Episode 4: Dojo has a dream about golden bunnies, marking the beginning of the monks quest to find them, as they will help them find a temple. However, if the bunnies are exposed to tense or evil enviornments, they will turn evil. The monks find the temple of the golden bunnies but are in conflict when Jack Spicer wants to take them and melt them for their gold. If the monks fight, the bunnies will turn evil, if not, Jack will take them. The monks decide to sit out and wait for Jack to upset the bunnies for them. Clay then drowns the bunnies, and the real talisman is revealed, and the other bunnies released. A showdown against Jack's Monkey Staff and Omi's Shroud of Shadows. No Chase/Willow.
Episode 5: After hearing about unusual earthquakes in Japan, Kimiko flies in the Silver Manta Ray to Tokyo in order to check up on her father. They had a heated arguement the last time she was home, so she also wanted to apologize. Once she arrived at Tohomiko Tower though, her father was excited on his new project; making a virtual Tokyo for people to live in! Kimiko tried to stop her father from tampering with nature when Jack hit with a killer virus. Now Kimiko has to go inside the game and shut it down. She resets the whole thing with the other monks, but her father erases it in the end, thinking it was for the best. No showdown/No Chase/Willow
Episode 6: Jack returns reunited with Pandabubba, who has traded underground criminal life for the aboveground meat industry. He proposes to fund Jack if he can steal cows from Clay's grandfather. Fortuntely, the monks were going anyway to celebrate Granpappy's 100th birthday. Jack uses the tongue of tsaiping to talk to the cows into going with him, double crossing pandabubba when he turns them into robots. The monks manage to stop him and return the cows home. No showdown, no Chase/Willow.
Since there are no Chase/Willow episodes in this batch, you can imagine how bummed I am. Not to mention the storyline is getting off topic. Did I mention that Dojo is also really depressed/obsessive over the loss of Master Fung? Yeah, it's creepy.
Yeah, I've been recording the episodes and watching them when I have time.
Episode 4: I hated this. The showdown was nifty, but there wasn't really anything humorous or exciting. Plus, the bunnies annoyed me.

Episode 5: An otherwise great episode ruined by one crucial flaw: THEY FORGOT THE SHOWDOWN AGAIN! Seriously, a small showdown for the Honey Badger might've been nice, but they decided to use that time to show Jack ice-skating instead.

Episode 6: Haven't watched it yet. But you said there wasn't a showdown, so I'm incredibly dissapointed. This lack of showdowns better have a reason! Maybe there's going to be an episode that's like 5 minutes animation and the rest of it as a showdown? That'd be pretty cool, to have a non-stop action ep.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Episode 7: The monks and Chase form an alliance as the Tiger Shrimp, a talisman that can control the forces of nature, is eaten by Jack Spicer. There is a showdown with Shadow and Kimiko, but even when Shadow wins, she hands it over so they could find Jack. The monks find him, restore the shrimp, and save the world.
I was so close to signing that petition to have Shadow removed from the show. There is just so much fluff between her and Chase. They talk about how she was born, he compliments her, they fight, and basically act like an item. It's so infuriating! Why can't I be her? Oh, and Jack wants to team up with Chase (again) and brings his French chef robot with him. He gets on Shadow's good side, which allows him to stay. The episode is annoying in general though. The voice acting gets really bad, even for Tara Strong, as much as it pains me to say it. BUT SHADOW OSC CAN YOU NOT TEMPT ME LIKE THAT? (CHASE RANT ALERT) I mean, Chase is magnificent and glorious but can you so not? We already freaking know that, I mean, hello? And what was with all that fluff in front of Spicer that was so sickening. If anything else happens, you can bet your blue blade thingy that I'll sign that petition to get you killed off! Yeah, not written off like Master Fung, KILLED. Like, as in, Chase kills you. You being his hope, promise, and destiny, ugh! I hate reality.

Yeah, I've been recording the episodes and watching them when I have time.
Episode 4: I hated this. The showdown was nifty, but there wasn't really anything humorous or exciting. Plus, the bunnies annoyed me.

Episode 5: An otherwise great episode ruined by one crucial flaw: THEY FORGOT THE SHOWDOWN AGAIN! Seriously, a small showdown for the Honey Badger might've been nice, but they decided to use that time to show Jack ice-skating instead.

Episode 6: Haven't watched it yet. But you said there wasn't a showdown, so I'm incredibly dissapointed. This lack of showdowns better have a reason! Maybe there's going to be an episode that's like 5 minutes animation and the rest of it as a showdown? That'd be pretty cool, to have a non-stop action ep.
But what are your thoughts on all of the SGW in this batch being just like the ones in the first series? Episode 7 finally has something different but the tongue thingy does the same thing.

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Years
Episode 7: The monks and Chase form an alliance as the Tiger Shrimp, a talisman that can control the forces of nature, is eaten by Jack Spicer. There is a showdown with Shadow and Kimiko, but even when Shadow wins, she hands it over so they could find Jack. The monks find him, restore the shrimp, and save the world.
I was so close to signing that petition to have Shadow removed from the show. There is just so much fluff between her and Chase. They talk about how she was born, he compliments her, they fight, and basically act like an item. It's so infuriating! Why can't I be her? Oh, and Jack wants to team up with Chase (again) and brings his French chef robot with him. He gets on Shadow's good side, which allows him to stay. The episode is annoying in general though. The voice acting gets really bad, even for Tara Strong, as much as it pains me to say it. BUT SHADOW OSC CAN YOU NOT TEMPT ME LIKE THAT? (CHASE RANT ALERT) I mean, Chase is magnificent and glorious but can you so not? We already freaking know that, I mean, hello? And what was with all that fluff in front of Spicer that was so sickening. If anything else happens, you can bet your blue blade thingy that I'll sign that petition to get you killed off! Yeah, not written off like Master Fung, KILLED. Like, as in, Chase kills you. You being his hope, promise, and destiny, ugh! I hate reality.

But what are your thoughts on all of the SGW in this batch being just like the ones in the first series? Episode 7 finally has something different but the tongue thingy does the same thing.
Episode 6: :C There was no showdown. AND WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH THIS EPISODE?! It was so...random. It has a seemingly normal premise; The monks decide to go visit the 100th birthday of Clay's grandfather, Jack has other plans. But then...Jack became cow president, and there were robot cows...and Clay's song came out of nowhere. How to stop a stampede of raging cows? Option A: Use the ShenGonWu to persuade them to stop, as they always listen to whoever is using it. Option B: Sing that random country song from out of nowhere. Of course, Option B. Furthermore, THAT HORSE AT THE END. What the heck?! They ride off into the sunset on a magical thunder-pony that arrived via rainbow when Clay blew into a talisman, all the while singing the random song that has no real purpose for existing. I...I don't even know what to say.

As for episode 7, haven't seen it yet. Recorded it though. Happy to hear that there's a showdown!
As for my thoughts on the new Wu, some are good, some are bad. I hope they bring back the Reversing Mirror, under whatever new name it gets. Or maybe the Sands Of Time? That Wu led to some interesting episodes...

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Episode 6: :C There was no showdown. AND WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH THIS EPISODE?! It was so...random. It has a seemingly normal premise; The monks decide to go visit the 100th birthday of Clay's grandfather, Jack has other plans. But then...Jack became cow president, and there were robot cows...and Clay's song came out of nowhere. How to stop a stampede of raging cows? Option A: Use the ShenGonWu to persuade them to stop, as they always listen to whoever is using it. Option B: Sing that random country song from out of nowhere. Of course, Option B. Furthermore, THAT HORSE AT THE END. What the heck?! They ride off into the sunset on a magical thunder-pony that arrived via rainbow when Clay blew into a talisman, all the while singing the random song that has no real purpose for existing. I...I don't even know what to say.

As for episode 7, haven't seen it yet. Recorded it though. Happy to hear that there's a showdown!
As for my thoughts on the new Wu, some are good, some are bad. I hope they bring back the Reversing Mirror, under whatever new name it gets. Or maybe the Sands Of Time? That Wu led to some interesting episodes...
Yeah, there's a showdown, but it's really long. Shadow takes forever to kick Kimiko's butt. My favorite personally is the Serpent's Tail, but I think it combined with the Reversing Mirror to make that bubble brain thingy in the first episode. You know, the thing that can turn any person from spirit to solid? Oh, by the way, is there a pattern to how the episodes are released, like once a week or a month or something? I don't know how it's aired on TV. I just check back regularly to see if there's something new. And if you want any advice for watching Episode 7, have a pillow on your lap and a bucket to throw up in nearby. Shadow isn't half bad though; at least we have some things in common. We both love Chase, eating, and torturing Jack. But I don't remember when Chase got a sense of humor or a doting side, although it is a nice improvement.
HAHAHA! What you said about episode 6 made me go back and watch it all over again! But I do think "Home on the Range" was a good fitting song, and Clay's singing isn't bad either. Home on the range...where the deer and the antelope play...

darkpokeball

Years
Yeah, there's a showdown, but it's really long. Shadow takes forever to kick Kimiko's butt. My favorite personally is the Serpent's Tail, but I think it combined with the Reversing Mirror to make that bubble brain thingy in the first episode. You know, the thing that can turn any person from spirit to solid? Oh, by the way, is there a pattern to how the episodes are released, like once a week or a month or something? I don't know how it's aired on TV. I just check back regularly to see if there's something new. And if you want any advice for watching Episode 7, have a pillow on your lap and a bucket to throw up in nearby. Shadow isn't half bad though; at least we have some things in common. We both love Chase, eating, and torturing Jack. But I don't remember when Chase got a sense of humor or a doting side, although it is a nice improvement.
HAHAHA! What you said about episode 6 made me go back and watch it all over again! But I do think "Home on the Range" was a good fitting song, and Clay's singing isn't bad either. Home on the range...where the deer and the antelope play...
I like the showdown, but the fight-sequences seemed a bit clunky. Better than nothing though!
Just watched Episode 7. So...Shadow was made from a rib of Chase Young? WAT. Anyways, I like the French-Chef bot...and it was nice to see the world end. And yeah, that romance between Chase and Shadow does detract from the episode...it seemed a bit pointless. It was also made a bunch creepier given that CHase is Shadow's technical dad...and that Shadow is one of Chase's ribs. New episodes air every Saturday...the next one is on the 12th. They air on Disney XD in the US.

Why does nobody else watch this show?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Episode 8: Chase grows worried about Ping-Pong's power, so when the Saphire Dragonfly reveals itself, he sends Shadow to go get it. She ends up in a SHOWDOWN against Omi, and after getting her hands on the Wu, makes Ping-Pong's mind the ultimate playground. Meanwhile, Omi's ego grows jealous as Ping-Pong masters the other elements and becomes great friends with the others. He later learns his lesson when Ping-Pong admits that he admires his Brother Omi the most.
My thoughts: I really learned a lot about Shadow in this episode. One, she's really curious about Chase's soup, although he won't allow her to drink any if he can help it. Two, she's really lousy in showdowns. It took her almost twice the time to try to kick Omi's butt, and ended up losing. Third, she's shady. Super shady. Jack and Wuya are also in this episode, but what they do is kind of random...you're going to have to watch it to catch what I'm saying. But I was really disappointed with Chase in this episode. Where is the Prince of Darkness I admired so much? He's degraded into a worrywart has-been who carries an energy drink at his belt. Is it because he finally figured out what hair products were? If I remember correctly, Chase could beat anyone without breaking a sweat; he only lost to Omi to help him. In this episode though, he was completely taken off guard. If he was intended to lose, they could have made it more realistic, not win just by taking his water bottle.
The SGW are not getting better. Just as a clarification, the Saphire Dragonfly is NOT the Saphire Dragon. The Dragonfly gives an energy boast and makes you hyper, which in Ping-Pong's brain, is a really bad thing. The Manchurian Mousca also makes a come back. I think the only thing new is Shadow's Blue Moon Blade, but it could be the Sword of the Storm or Blade of the Nebula. *shrugs*
As for why people may not be watching this show, it may be because we give good reviews, but this is one they have to watch because I really can't explain it. If you are reading these and keeping up with them, great! But this is a forum and it's not a bad thing to jump in with your own opinions. You don't even have to be a major fan, even watching only an episode or two is fine. Who knows, you might get hooked, no matter how bad you think it is.
(minor details): Omi's voice is a bit off, if you compared it with one and two. But the 3-D animation is a bit better even if Shadow took way too long. Chase needs more lines though. I'm kind of getting tired of him hissing all the time, and that mind telepathy is kind of freaking me out. Oh, and it's not a bad thing to kick Spicer off an episode if needed. It's not like he's a major character or anything. Give him some time for more Jackbots or something. Wuya doesn't need to hit on him for a filler. Yeah, that part creeped me out too. If more romance is allowed in the show, it might lose viewers. On one hand, they may have to move it back to the US, which means Jason Marsden, but on the other, it might be cancelled completely. I don't know if I'm willing to take that chance...

Back