• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Poke Merch?

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the UK to buy Pokemon merchandise? I've looked all over Google but can't find anywhere other than in online shops where the prices are huge. So does anyone know an actual shop in the UK where you can buy Pokemon Merch? :3 Thanks in advanced!

(PS: I'm not sure where to post this? Sorry if it's in the wrong place!)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I just see a Machoke with a Pikachu head. xD
This makes me think . . . Electric/Fighting would be a cool combination. :3
And that in turn makes me think of a new discussion topic:

What type combinations would you really really really really like to see on Pokémon? As for combinations that have already been made but are few, what type combinations would you like to see more of?

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in the UK to buy Pokemon merchandise? I've looked all over Google but can't find anywhere other than in online shops where the prices are huge. So does anyone know an actual shop in the UK where you can buy Pokemon Merch? :3 Thanks in advanced!

(PS: I'm not sure where to post this? Sorry if it's in the wrong place!)
I honestly have no idea but for now you could always try large toy stores and such, I mean general places like Walmart always have a few Pokétoys sitting around. I don't know any specialty places because I got all my Pokémon plushies either as gifts or from Walmart so that's all I know.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck in your quest! :3

Years
This makes me think . . . Electric/Fighting would be a cool combination. :3
And that in turn makes me think of a new discussion topic:

What type combinations would you really really really really like to see on Pokémon? As for combinations that have already been made but are few, what type combinations would you like to see more of?

Grass/Ghost, I have ideas for that. And perhaps a Bug/Dark, like a roach or something. Rock/Dragon or Ground/Dragon would be awesome, like those terra-dragons in mythology and fantasy games. xD Electric/Ice would be nifty too, and I don't mean Rotom-F(it doesn't count). ;) Psychic/Ghost is also nice. And also I ask, why don't we have a Bug/Psychic and/or Bug/Ice? There could be many ideas for them! ^.^; That's all I can think of.

Last edited:

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Grass/Ghost, I have ideas for that. And perhaps a Bug/Dark, like a roach or something. Rock/Dragon or Ground/Dragon would be awesome, like those terra-dragons in mythology and fantasy games. xD Electric/Ice would be nifty too, and I don't mean Rotom-F(it doesn't count). ;) Psychic/Ghost is also nice. And also I ask, why don't we have a Bug/Psychic and/or Bug/Ice? There could be many ideas for them! ^.^; That's all I can think of.

I like these ideas, especially the bug/dark type. What sort of grass/ghost pokemon would you have?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm all for Electric-Ice or Ground-Ghost or Dark-Steel, though I don't have any ideas for specific Pokemon of these types. They just seem like cool combinations of types.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm all for Electric-Ice or Ground-Ghost or Dark-Steel, though I don't have any ideas for specific Pokemon of these types. They just seem like cool combinations of types.

We have all those. Frost form Rotom (yes it does so count), Golurk/Golett and Pawniard/Bisharp.

I'd like to see a Fire/Water and a Fighting/Flying personally.
They're the only types that haven't been paired with water and flying.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I agree with vappy, I want a Fire/Water (or vice-versa, it doesn't really matter) Pokemon. Seems like every type has been paired with water except for fire. I guess they go by the saying fire and water do not mix, but that's no excuse.

Oh, and also Fire/Grass, because I don't think there's one yet.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wouldn't say forms of Rotom count :( They're boring!

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
I think it would be awesome if they mixed elements (electric, ice, fire, water, grass) with Fighting, Ghost, Dark, Bug and Psychic types more. We have so many amazing possibilities for bugs and ghosts but the designers don't take as much advantage of it as they should, and there just aren't enough crazy-typed Bugs!
True to my usertitle, yes I would definitely like moar dragons. However I don't want them to be silly boring legendaries that don't even really look like their secondary types. Sorry but I honestly have no idea where they were going with Reshiram and Kyurem. Elemental dragons have the potential to be so much cooler than that. Legendary dragons just . . . get old.
I also really want Bug/Dragon. Honestly how cool would that be?!
I also agree with Fire/Water and Fighting/Flying. A Fire/Water combo would be so cool . . . I just don't know quite how they would do it. :(

The only one I really have solid ideas for though is Normal/Ghost. Honestly I think this type combination could be so so so cool to see if they pull it off with the right Pokémon. My image maybe isn't very good, but here it is:

A ghost bear. Yes, a ghost bear. Type Normal/Ghost. It basically looks like a bear who is surrounded by shadows and has only solemn darkness where the whites of its eyes should be. Well, that's what it is. Its looks are not deceiving.
I just think it's cool to think of animals actually turning into Ghost Pokémon.

Also it would be awesome if they had a Pokémon with a "Ghost Forme". In its regular form, it is just a plain Normal- or Psychic-type, but in its Ghost Forme it is dead and it is a Ghost type. Its Ghost Forme is all cool and has different stats and moves and all that.
Don't forget that it would be immune to the Focus Blast / Shadow Ball dream combo, which is cool. :3

. . . I have lots of ideas.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
A nice utility they should take advantage of is season forms. It would work well with some kinds of pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh yes, fire/water with levitate, welcome to OU. Actually, it'd only have a electric weakness since stone edge wouldn't affect water. Maybe not--oh wait, Rotom-W. Yeah, fire/water with levitate would work really well and become one of the most annoying Pokemon to face, forcing Rotom-W to yet again be on every team, maybe we'd see a rise in Jolteon as a result.

I do however want better ghost/dark, since Sableye/Spiritomb are not completely wonderful. Annoying, but not what I want!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Oh yes, fire/water with levitate, welcome to OU. Actually, it'd only have a electric weakness since stone edge wouldn't affect water. Maybe not--oh wait, Rotom-W. Yeah, fire/water with levitate would work really well and become one of the most annoying Pokemon to face, forcing Rotom-W to yet again be on every team, maybe we'd see a rise in Jolteon as a result.

That would be excellent, it makes me think of a steam Pokemon tbh. The weakness to Stealth Rock would hinder it somewhat though. The move Scald would be made for it.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I think Ghost/Dark's aren't with good stats to balance their resistances. If there was one viable for gameplay, my guess is that it would be a glass sweeper.

But I'm all for a cute and powerful Pokemon. A rocking horse > carousel horse, anyone?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wait, SR weakess? Okay nvm it has two weaknesses then, I figured water would cancel out the rock weakness, lol. But hey at least it's not double SR weakness so it'd only hurt like what, 25%? Levitate is still necessary for it to work. :x

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I think Ghost/Dark's aren't with good stats to balance their resistances. If there was one viable for gameplay, my guess is that it would be a glass sweeper.

But I'm all for a cute and powerful Pokemon. A rocking horse > carousel horse, anyone?
Heck yes! That would be nifty.

Also, I was thinking if they would ever pull off a proper jack-in-the-box pokemon. It's an RPG classic mob, after all.

Years
Wait, SR weakess? Okay nvm it has two weaknesses then, I figured water would cancel out the rock weakness, lol. But hey at least it's not double SR weakness so it'd only hurt like what, 25%? Levitate is still necessary for it to work. :x
I hate to rain(no pun intended xD) on your parade, but Water doesn't resist Rock. Rock deals normal damage to Water, thus Fire/Water would still be weak to Rock-types. It's just that it can also threaten Rock-types, so to speak. :3

I like these ideas, especially the bug/dark type. What sort of grass/ghost pokemon would you have?
There are many ideas! A Halloween-based, for instance, jack-o-lantern. Or a something like a haunted stump with vengeance for the one who cut it down!
monsters019.gif
(A cookie if you know the reference xD) They could also play off those creepy-looking trees with branches as evil claws and a crooked shape. ^^;

I also really want Bug/Dragon. Honestly how cool would that be?!
I don't know. xD Personally I'd like to see how that goes because I just absolutely can't fathom imagining a draconic insect. To me, it doesn't seem cool or even nice. However I do agree with the elemental dragons. I hope for a Grass/Dragon and Ground/Dragon. They can be as simple as terra-dragons. Dragons that guard forests or caves etc. :D

A nice utility they should take advantage of is season forms. It would work well with some kinds of pokemon.
It would definitely work well with all Grass types! We would see Winter forms, like having them shriveled up and wilting. Spring forms could be their usual blooming self? xD

Anybody think about a Psychic/Ghost Pokemon? Like a spirit that can pry into your mind and bring your worst nightmares and secrets to a phantasmal reality? XD /too much fantasy ;3

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I'm all up for a Bug/Dragon. Something to look after its bug typed brethren, someone to stand up for those small bugs who are constantly getting squished. So next time, you might want to consider if you really want to step on that cockroach...

xD

Years
I'm all up for a Bug/Dragon. Something to look after its bug typed brethren, someone to stand up for those small bugs who are constantly getting squished. So next time, you might want to consider if you really want to step on that cockroach...

xD
I won't actually, that would dirty me all over. xD

Speaking of roaches, shouldn't Nintendo incorporate that as like a Bug/Dark? It could join Grimer and Trubbish in the germ fiesta!! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back