• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone else feel bad when they lose their Pokèwalker?

Rissa_Napier23

The Lass Class Trainer
Years
I was walking to the convenience store today with my Chikorita in my Pokewalker, and somewhere along the way the clip came loose, and I lost it.

Now, I felt really bad about it(And why wouldn't I? It's freezing out there, and my little Chikorita is all alone.), and here's the question that came to my mind:

Do any of you feel like your Pokemon are just lines of coding, or do you feel like they're really your partners?

KantoSwag

Kanto Wanderer
Years
Haha I used to be like that, I felt like I was attached to my pokemon as if were my partner(s). I know how you feel, it hurts right? I don't know if it's just a phase hardcore pokemon lovers like us go through but I figure it must be something REAL if you feel like that.

For me... I'm a realist so I guess it would be just a line of code and sprites for me

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If we can keep this thread around the discussion of losing one's Pokewalker/Pokewalker Pokemon, then I'll keep it around. If not, then this would probably fit in Pokemon General (Bond between you and your Pokemon), or closed.

In response to the topic...well I've lost my Pokewalker and to be honest, I'm not that fussed. It didn't have a pokemon on it, so I didn't really lose anything (luckily).

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yeah I lost my pokewalker before, with my well I can't remember but I lent it to someone and they stole it, and carrying them with the walker makes the bond stronger, you trust them with you in-game and irl, all that time with them, lost. Like losing a friend, it's so... sad. I am a realist, but they're no longer just 1's and 0's when you love them, I guess I'm just weird.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I didn't even use my Pokewalker once and I don't know where it even is lol.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I lost mine ages ago, but since I didn't use it too often for finding Pokemon and using all its features, along with there were no Pokemon inside the Pokewalker it didn't bother me too much.

Hope you find yours though one day :).

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Haha I used to be like that, I felt like I was attached to my pokemon as if were my partner(s). I know how you feel, it hurts right? I don't know if it's just a phase hardcore pokemon lovers like us go through but I figure it must be something REAL if you feel like that.

For me... I'm a realist so I guess it would be just a line of code and sprites for me
Same here. I lost my Pokéwalker that came with my game, and I was so mad I could rip a Yellow Pages in half. It had my Giratina and all of my Watts in it, so I guess I didn't really feel bad at the fact that I lost a Pokémon, but I felt bad because I had to shell out another $10 at the Nintendo Online Store. To me, Giratina and the Watts are lines of hexadecimal coding to me, but just losing the damn thing irritated me.

I was able to get a replacement in two weeks, and had used HG/SS's "Return Pokémon" feature to return Giratina to my DS without the old one.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I've lost my Pokewalker, but found it a week later- in my own house, so nothing too bad. I was a bit saddened, though. It had my Vaporeon in it, and it had perfect IV's and was EV trained, and I had her in my possession since Diamond/Pearl.
Though in reality Vaporeon is just coding, that doesn't mean these particular lines of code are very important to me.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I really only used my Pokewalker like 5 times in total, and I think the last Pokemon I had in there was a Pidgeotto, so I didn't really care much. Plus, I'll probably find it in a few months, be happy I found it, then lose it again.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I didn't actually lose it outside but Lost it cause my Daughter put in the Washing machine, of course I was ticked off it had my Event mew in it.

Pillowing

A dash of luck!
Years
I was away for family issues and when I came back home I had to have my friends show me my chewed up and broken pokewalker... I was so heart broken by it! Now I'll never see my little Teddiursa again...

Uhg, dogs.

Years
I actually got the game pre-owned, so I never got the Pokewalker with it. I think it was a neat idea, but I honestly wasn't that disappointed I didn't get one, and probably wouldn't have used it all that much anyway.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I've owned two Pokewalkers. The first one was ruined by the washing machine.The second one was my older brothers'. He lost his copy of Soulsilver and gave up on finding it and so bought another one. He didn't need the Pokewalker that came with it so he gave it to me. That Pokewalker also got lost in the washing machine too and meet the same fate. I did feel bad when I lost my first one cause never saw that Geodude again. But good thing I managed to retrieve my Smoochum from the 2nd Pokewalker. :D

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I lost it within of month of buying HeartGold. Never used it much so it wasn't really a big deal.

Years
For all the moving around i do, the pokewalker was a pretty neat idea. Until my wife did the laundry and didn't take it out of my pants. My poor magikarp was lost to the rinse cycle. Is it weird I sometimes think all the loads of laundry that get done is sending him into a rage and one day a gyrados will come popping out of the wash? i know I have a strange imagination!

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
those who say they are just data, what do you think humans are made of? we are all just made of atoms and atoms are made of energy and data is made of energy too. I remember the third season of digimon was all about the "ghost in the machine" theory. I remember thinking about his deeply in philosophy class last semester.

If you loose your pokewalker there is a way to recover your pokemon by holding Up, select, and the R button in the "connect to pokewalker" menu (page 52 in the handbook)

Back