• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Tutorial] Where to begin a Pokémon fan game in RMXP

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Hey, i'm extremely new to all this and this is perhaps the best tutorial i've come across. I downloaded VX Ace before i even saw this tutorial. Is this going to give me extreme trouble as far as putting the tilesets in?

If you really want to make a Pokémon fan game, you're better off with RPG Maker XP as there's already a fully working starter kit for it. With VX Ace, you'd have to wait for somebody to make one or make one yourself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. But, there are a lot of broken images, and they kind of confuse me since I can't actually see what he's trying to explain in the images.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. But, there are a lot of broken images, and they kind of confuse me since I can't actually see what he's trying to explain in the images.
They all seem to be there for me. Your Internet may be a little slow perhaps, if not, try pressing ctrl + F5 if you use a Windows machine.

Anyone else having this issue?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I re-added a couple of images whose links had broken. The only broken images are in the spoiler all about scripting, because I couldn't find the tutorial those images came from.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'll give it a touch up as soon as I get the chance to be on my computer.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
Alright, I'm slightly confused. I've never looked into any of this so I feel like a noob currently. In order to use pokemon essentials you must have RMXP? And is RMXP the same asRPG Maker Xp? Thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Alright, I'm slightly confused. I've never looked into any of this so I feel like a noob currently. In order to use pokemon essentials you must have RMXP? And is RMXP the same asRPG Maker Xp? Thanks!
Yes and yes.
---------------------------------------------

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 7, 2019
Thank you, Seeker. This helped SO much. I was having issues getting started, even with the YouTube tutorial I was watching, and this made it SO MUCH easier. Do you think, however, you could tell me how to make a new folder within Essentials, or how to get access to the Essentials toolset from launching XP on its own? I just want to make it a little less cluttered, ya know?

Thanks again!!! ^.^

Back