• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gym Leader

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Giovanni (FR/LG)
Blaine (HG/SS)

From playing the original Red version, I still think that Giovanni's reveal as the mysterious Viridian City Gym Leader was one of the most effective twists the franchise ever had. The lore and myths surrounding Giovanni are probably the most intriguing of any other character in Pokemon, even more than N. Also, the fact that he's a mob boss makes him even cooler than he already is.
150px-Giovanni_FRLG_Adventures.png

Blaine is so mysterious, cool, intriguing and, most of all, has a pimpin' clothes (HG/SS).

150px-HeartGold_SoulSilver_Blaine.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
giovanni
falkner
volkner
misty

least fav. whitney (because of her stupid milktank, that kept defeating me over and over again)

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
I like the Viridian Gym Leaders, Giovanni and Blue both, by virtue of their plot significance. There's much more... There's a better sense of climax and accomplishment when the last challenge before the Pokémon League itself is either a final showdown with the cruel leader of the organization that's been exploiting innocent Pokémon, or a reminiscent kind of encounter with the final boss of the previous game. I especially like how much more mature Blue is after the time skip, it seems to make him a better Trainer overall! The same could be said of Cheren. I'm also partial to Gardenia, but I don't know why!

Generation V and Generation VI have had the best stories and characterizations yet, and the Gym Leaders truly benefit from it! Korrina in particular I like, her fun personality offset by her surprising seriousness during the first Mega Evolution battle... I also favor Iris for similar reasons, and her promotion to final boss status in B2/W2 really helps!

Any of the really hammy and hotblooded Gym Leaders (Blaine, Crasher Wake, Wattson, Wulfric, Roxie, etc.) or the campy and flamboyant ones (Burgh, Wallace, Juan, etc.) are in my favorite pool, too.

Okay so screw it, they're ALL my favorites!

Back