• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Chimpuzzle Pro

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
Years
What is Chimpuzzle Pro?
Chimpuzzle Pro is a Puzzle game, where the player needs to lead Bobo the Monkey to the Banana Peel, by placing the right Blocks on the field, creating a path the said monkey can advance.
This game started as a School Project for PC, but then CW-Games (we) took over the Project to extend it, and release it to the Nintendo Wii U.
This game will come out on 26 December 2013 in Europe, Australia, and America, only to the Wii U eShop.
There is no Japanese release.

Engine used
Since this game was originally created in Unity3D 3.5.7, we decided to use Unity for Wii U 4.2.
Unity for Wii U is a modified Version of Unity3D Pro, which is designed to only make Wii U games.
The Engine is currently in its RC Stage, meaning we can't submit the Master ROM to Nintendo yet.
A Pre-Check, however, is allowed.

Demo?
We don't have a Demo of this game.
However, we have the free Basic (PC) Version, which is available here.
The Gameplay in Pro is about the same as in this one.
However, the Pro (Wii U) Version will make use of the GamePad.
On the GamePad, you'll choose your Blocks with the Touch Screen, control the Blocks with the D-Pad, and control the Camera using the A and Y Buttons.
I guess there's nothing more to explain.

Credits
The original Chimpuzzle Team consisted of 10 people, one of them is in the Chimpuzzle Pro Team too.
The Chimpuzzle Pro Team consists of 2 people, which are only me and my brother.

Assets
Chimpuzzle%20Pro%20on%20Wii%20U.png

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Video:
Spoiler:

Age Rating
We did not get an Age Rating yet, because it's pretty expensive.
We are aiming on a 3+ Rating in Europe, 4+ in Portugal, 0 in Germany, G in Australia, and E in America.
After all, there's no violence involved in the game at all.

Download
Check the Wii U eShop during Christmas.
Sorry, there is no way to make the ROM to work on a Retail Wii U.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
This game does look very nice. But does it contains things like extras, things to unlock, bonus? Otherwise, the game could become repetitive to the player. Also is there a story? Like why would Bobo search those peels for?
But overall, it looks like a very nice simple game. If I had a Wii U, I'd get this. Good luck!

MKGirlism

Years
It's actually a very simple concept.
Unlockables were planned, but didn't make it in the end.
However, we asked Nintendo to delay the Release Date today, because we still wanted to finish the stuff we didn't complete yet.
As for story, there's not really a story behind it, because after all, it's just a Puzzle game.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
If you need more support, I can get Video Games Awesome's attention. They have streams where they play Indie games with the developers in the chat. They even cosplay as the characters. I could hook you up.

MKGirlism

Years
I can't explain it in detail, due to the NDA, but there are some additional stuff that can't be found in the Public Unity3D.

MKGirlism

Years
Most Feedback I've got, was about:
1. Slow monkey.
2. Bad graphics.
3. Lack of Level Editor.

Even though it's a commercial product, we did listen.
I've just fixed the monkey, which goes a lot faster now.
I didn't want to adjust the speed in the first place, because I was afraid to create many new Bugs, but fortunately, it didn't happen.

I've been working on a Level Editor for a few weeks now...alone.
Most of the hardest parts are finished, and I expect to have it done at the end of the week.

As for Graphics, I'm not the right person for this, and my boss should contact our Visual Artist for this, so I hope he'll take the time for this, if not, the Graphics will remain as they are now.

I have some more plans with this game, but rating the progress, we might be finished sooner than expected, giving us a lot of time for the boring stuff (Lot Check at Nintendo, Age Ratings, Press Releases, setting up Miiverse Communities, etc.).

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I think the graphics are fine for the small indie title, sure there are some high high quality ones, and their more likley to sell. But I think this only needs some small tune ups. Glad to hear you made the monkey faster!
And the level editor would seem pretty basic, but for such a simple game it would make sense. I like the idea of a tetris platformer.

Also do you plan to add a multiplayer mode? I think that would be cool, could go something like the Wiimote player controls the monkey and the gamepad player can help the monkey get to the peel, orr stall it, the blocks will only last on screen say 10seconds.

MKGirlism

Years
No, Multiplayer is one thing that can't be done.
For Local, a second GamePad is required, which hardly anybody has.
For Online, there's simply no support in the Engine for it.
Both ways require me to have a second Dev GamePad and DevKit, and of each, I have only one.

MKGirlism

Years
I'm glad to re-announce this Project to be finished.
All there's to do, is:
1. Master Submission.
2. PEGI, USK, and ACB Ratings.
3. eShop Assets.
4. More PR Publications.
5. American Publisher.
6. Only when 5 is done, ESRB Rating.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'm glad to see the progress in this project. It's not often we see a game with such quality around here.

I feel by the screenshots you've provided and the general idea you've given about the concept that this is all set as a commercial product. I'm not trying to exaggerate, but I'm really liking the style of the games. I feel the graphics are alright as such, as I'm the kind of person who doesn't judge a game by graphics (but is drawn towards a game because it has good graphics). If you're planning a new version of it later on then I wish you good luck.

MKGirlism

Years
I just did some quick QA Testing through this game (it's not much at all, and these tests were purely based on the Wii U Guidelines).
This is one of them:
IMG_20131208_223007.jpg
It's not really my language, I'm simply required to have exactly this text in place.
Just a reminder, this game is set for an European and Australian release next year.
American release might happen, as soon as I manage to find a Publisher which has a better understanding in American bureaucracy.

Oh, and speaking of file sizes:
IMG_20131208_223326.jpg
This game is just 184 MB in size, when installed.
Enjoyable game + Small game = Win win.

MKGirlism

Years
As you probably knew, I haven't been on any Website for a while.
As you probably didn't know, I'm no longer in charge of this Game.

For health reasons, I had to quit my activities on both, CW-Games and UltimatePisman, but my brother has picked both up fully, and nothing got cancelled.
As I've heard last, Chimpuzzle Pro was sent to Nintendo for the Lot Check, and bro is preparing the Games' Release.
I was absent because of the health problems, also.

Back