• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Orange Island Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Downloading now, Decided to hold off on the demo until it was a finished version was released, Been highly anticipating this!

Years
Edit:

Only got as far as Ecruteak so far, I was expecting to jump into the Orange League first, win that then move on to the other regions but I suppose with the focus of the game being Orange islands I suppose it would be better to come back to it and for it to be a challenge once you've done whatever else
Only a few thigns I've noticed as problems,
The dock that leads to the harbour part I can't help feel would be better if it was all opn one map
The ladder in the sea
The Prof Ivy OW sprite doesn't fit with the rest of the OW sprites
Either do some of the trainer sprites, They seem otu of place with the style
The door for the dance studio was outside..? But it seemed to sort itself once i'd gone in and out
SOme of the battles had me battling a trainer then going back to the poke centre and repeating for each trainer which is a bit inconvenient

Edit:

The mart on the first orange island crashed my game..o.o some kind of error, Didn't take a note of what though..

But enjoying the game so far will let you know if I spot anything else (=

Edit:

On Mikan Island, Espeon is only jsut powerful enough to defeat the first pokemon and is far too weak to defeat the second no matter what strategy I use..
THen I have 3 level 10 pokemon that I jsut caught and a level 17 lapras, Needless to say I can not defeat her at present
The problem being that there is nowhere to even grind on this island and there is no way to leave the island until you beat Cissy I presume so If it wasn't for the fact that I can jsut beat the Kingdra thus gaining xp for espeon to level up I would be screwed
You need to be able to go somewhere to train and then come back when you're strong enough, I mean if I was a coupl elevels lower with the espeon I would be completely stuck on this island

Edit:

No wait! I have 4 tiles of sea to surf in and grind against some Tentacool =D
Never been so happy to find tentacools o_O
Also Pm'd

Edit:

Mandarin Island North, The mandarin island shipping building, The gargoyle type thing on top of the building is only half complete
It's also not very clear what I am supposed to be doing on this island, Defeated the weather institute rockets and received castform and now there doesn't seem to be anything else to do, As well as the boat guy saying he needs supplies so I can't get off of the island either..

Edit:

Stumbled across the solution, That definately needs to be made more clear

Another Dave_ Edit:

*Feature Spoiler*
Spoiler:

I really liked the legendary warning completely avoids confusion etc
Still a problem with being underleveled before Gym Leaders though, Again 4 tiles of sea to grind. With such a big cave there definately needs to be some pokemon
1. TO train your party
2. TO add some variety to the pokemon you use at present I think I have about 12

Edit:

Shamouti Island, after doing all the obvious festival stuff, speaking to people etc It is not clear where I am supposed to go in the slightest
Been wondering around aimlessly to no avail for quite some time
I did like the inclusion of your hosue though :3
The problem might be that it's midnight here so therefore in-game it's dark so I can't find things such as cave entrances ... :facepalm:

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Its... underwhelming. I do commend the effort to finish it, but its not what i'd hoped.

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
I just uploaded the patch. See the first post for the download link and further instructions. Keep the bugs and suggestions rolling and happy playing!

The patch fixes the following problems/suggestions:
- Added "LEVELING UP" section to README.PDF
- Fixed TANGELO ISLAND POKeMART
- Made TANGELO ISLAND and TANGELO HARBOR one continuous map
- Changed the "sea ladder" to be a building, such as in FIRERED
- Changed the appearence rate of POKeMON in caves (from 1 to 7)
- Fixed the gargoyle on top of the MANDARIN ISLAND SHIPPING CO. building

Years
Sick!
Got Exp. Share, Went to the Whirl Islands, And got it knocked off in a battle :Facepalm:
On the plus side the fixes all look good Just the odd sprite that looks a bit dodgy and Lugia is waaaay too powerful.. No wait it evened out in later levels (=
I like the other Lugia features though

Final Thoughts:
*Game Summary including Spoilers*
Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
The demo has been removed. I fixed the game download link so that you don't have to download both the game and the patch. Feel free to post or PM with questions, criticism, or suggestions.

Thanks for playing!

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
how do you get past the two team rocket grunts blocking the way after the eevee girls in eureka city

Last edited:

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
An Espeon starter? :shocked: I can already tell this game is gonna be epic :P

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
how do you get past the two team rocket grunts blocking the way after the eevee girls in eureka city.

It's a series of events. The ROCKET in front of the TIN TOWER entrance will be gone. After beating the guy in there, go to the BURNED TOWER and complete it. You'll then be able to get past the two grunts.

Thanks for playing.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I like this game so far. It's pretty challenging, which means I have to grind a lot and be careful :P There was one serious problem I've found so far. A Bayleef had used Reflect and moves like Aurora Beam and Confusion were affected by it. I think Reflect is reflecting attacks on both sides of the spectrum, which it shouldn't. It would be nice if this was fixed.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
I'm stuck

I beat John and got Latias and Latios. Now I'm stuck in mandarine South Island. Where is the prof. oak? The game is very beautiful but difficult, it would take a step by step guide. Excuse me for my poor english.

Years
I beat John and got Latias and Latios. Now I'm stuck in mandarine South Island. Where is the prof. oak? The game is very beautiful but difficult, it would take a step by step guide. Excuse me for my poor english.

That's a good question! I'm looking for him, but I can't find anyone. I'm waiting for a suggestion...

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
I like the look of this game, and once I get going a little farther into mine, I will defiantly check this out. One question though. Does the border stay the whole time, like in your first few screenshots, or is it gone completely. Or can you turn it on/off?

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
Why nobody answer me ? I'm stuck in Mandarine South Island because I can not find the prof.Oak. What should I do? I hope someone responds .(Pokemonforever27, Dave, Where are you?) .

Years
I like the look of this game, and once I get going a little farther into mine, I will defiantly check this out. One question though. Does the border stay the whole time, like in your first few screenshots, or is it gone completely. Or can you turn it on/off?
If you'retalking about the orange coloured border in the screens .. they are only in the screenshots not in the actual game

Why nobody answer me ? I'm stuck in Mandarine South Island because I can not find the prof.Oak. What should I do? I hope someone responds .(Pokemonforever27, Dave, Where are you?) .

Uhm it's been a while since I played it but the only place I recall Oak ever being for you to interact was Pallet, apart from the times where he finds you? such as before you get latios/latias where you say something like
'why didn't you ask me to do that'
to oak
then he says somethign about his age I think and goes back to pallet, Give that a shot but I couldn't tell you if that's totally right..

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
Thank you

Many Thanks Dave for the reply, although I was not very helpful. Pokemonforver27 , where are you?

pokemonforever27

IS RIDING LUGIA...
Years
Many Thanks Dave for the reply, although I was not very helpful. Pokemonforver27 , where are you?

You have to go back to PALLET TOWN. In the scene before you get LATIOS/LATIAS, the player tells OAK to head back home. You'll have to use the 'FLY trick' described in the readme to get back to PALLET TOWN.

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. School has had me busy to death!

Anyway, thanks for playing!

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
I think that it is great that you have turned the Orange islands into a game. I may play it once I have done a bit more on mine.

Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
I'm sorry, but I can not reach Pallet Town. Can you help? Thank you for your availability. Congratulations on your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back