• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 3DS Information/Discussion Thread

blue

gucci
Years
This is something I've not heard enough people praise.

The analog stick feels really nice. It is easier on the thumb than the PSP's and it seems more fluid and seems to have more of a radius.

My only complaint on it is that my thumb naturally goes to it instead of the D-Pad due to the D-Pad being shifted down. I just need to get used to it.

Yeah, I agree on this, it's nice and smooth and feels soft on your thumb I really like the analouge stick it's a great new addition

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The only complaint I really have on my system is the fact that they put a power button back on its face, my finger keeps wandering in that area looking for Start/Select. Also I don't see the stretched DS games being a big deal, starting them with the Start/Select trick makes them even smaller than they were on my DS Lite, so it's kind of annoying.

blue

gucci
Years
The only complaint I really have on my system is the fact that they put a power button back on its face, my finger keeps wandering in that area looking for Start/Select. Also I don't see the stretched DS games being a big deal, starting them with the Start/Select trick makes them even smaller than they were on my DS Lite, so it's kind of annoying.

That's exactly what I'm doing, in the middle of a game and I want to pause, my finger goes to where the Start/Select buttons used to be but is now where the power button is and I lose control of what game I'm on. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
You'll get used to it in time I guess.

Also, I like to think I struck lucky with this. I just found out today that I can get a brand new 3DS from EB Games for only $175, but it means I'll have to trade in my DSi for it. considering this is half price, is this completely worth it, to trade in the DSi for something awesome and new, or not?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
For anyone in Australia who's still looking for a cheap price on the 3DS, you can get on for $199 today on catchoftheday.com.au saving you $150. They're only doing it for an hour so be ready like I am. :)

EDIT: Nevermind.. They were sold out within a minute. I put in my details and their website had crashed and they were sold out by the time my order was processed.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
So yeah, got the 3ds a few days ago. Am pretty dissapointed to say the least. It was all fun, but when i realized how freaking much that thing cost. It was really not worth it. I think i'll devise a plan to take it back for a refund (even thought it's been open)
Why did you even buy it?

Christ.

Years
So yeah, got the 3ds a few days ago. Am pretty dissapointed to say the least. It was all fun, but when i realized how freaking much that thing cost. It was really not worth it. I think i'll devise a plan to take it back for a refund (even thought it's been open)

Have you got another console (PS3, 360, etc)? If so, I am sure you paid around about the same price, if not more for those.
There are so many games coming out for it that I am sure you will like at least a few of them.

May I ask, why are you disappointed? Is it JUST because of the price?​

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't think the 3DS is disappointing yet, but it has the potential to become one of the greats! Sure, the steep price will keep people away for a while, and so will the lack of games, but once those good games come out, you'll probably love it. I'm talking Zelda, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario and games like those, which will actually make the 3DS a lot better than they actually are.

Hopefully if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get my hands on one next week, which will be awesome. So I present a question. What colour should I get? I was aiming for Black, but Captain Fabio's pictures of the Aqua colour makes me want to get that instead. Will they have a different feel to them, like is the texture of both colours different?

Virgilia

Chronos.
Years
I haven't got my hands on a copy yet, but I've played my friend's and it's amazing! He had Rayman and I thought it was so awesome! I'm definitely gonna get Rayman, and maybe Nintendogs and Cats, since the better games come out later on in the year. :3

And yeah, I'm gonna get the aqua colour. It looks a lot cooler than the black. xD

Years
I don't think the 3DS is disappointing yet, but it has the potential to become one of the greats! Sure, the steep price will keep people away for a while, and so will the lack of games, but once those good games come out, you'll probably love it. I'm talking Zelda, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario and games like those, which will actually make the 3DS a lot better than they actually are.

Hopefully if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get my hands on one next week, which will be awesome. So I present a question. What colour should I get? I was aiming for Black, but Captain Fabio's pictures of the Aqua colour makes me want to get that instead. Will they have a different feel to them, like is the texture of both colours different?

My friend has the Cosmo Black and I am trying to steal it off him to I can picture it for the front page for you guys, so I hope that should be up in a few days for you guys to compare at your lesure.​

arceus123shiny

pkmn 4ever
Years
the internet browser

I looked up the internet browser for the 3ds and it said that it wont be avalible till late may. All this time I've been trying to get online on my 3d.

Years
"Nintendo has confirmed that the digital online store and internet browser for the 3DS will be up and running by the time the system launches."

Woops! XD
So much for that then. I only just found that quote, oh well, nothing that can be done about it now.

I guess I would rather have the browser not finished than them putting the whole console back till it is actually completed.​

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
My friend has the Cosmo Black and I am trying to steal it off him to I can picture it for the front page for you guys, so I hope that should be up in a few days for you guys to compare at your lesure.​

I can just take pictures of my black one, if you want?

I really wish the launch lineup wasn't so... bleh. I got Ridge Racer, Super Street Fighter IV, and Samurai Warriors. Samurai Warriors is actually my favorite, though it's only because Ridge Racer makes me nauseous sometimes and I've been playing SSFIV on the 360 for over a year now. XD

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I got this urge to go get one right now but I kinda want to hold off.

I have the money but I dunno....I'm not feeling it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Paid for mine but have to wait for delivery because I went with that option (Cheaper! Savings!). It should have come today but it seems the only thinkgsent out is the game. =/ Ah well - I actually do not mind the delay seeing I am good at waiting for stuff and have a rather busy weekend as it is... Certainly am looking forward to it when it does come though.

Years
I can just take pictures of my black one, if you want?

I really wish the launch lineup wasn't so... bleh. I got Ridge Racer, Super Street Fighter IV, and Samurai Warriors. Samurai Warriors is actually my favorite, though it's only because Ridge Racer makes me nauseous sometimes and I've been playing SSFIV on the 360 for over a year now. XD

I know. I didn't get any games for it when I bought it. The only reason I bought the console on the release date was because my mate was working there, so I could get the discount.

I am looking forward to some of the releases though. Shame LoZ is a while away.​

I got this urge to go get one right now but I kinda want to hold off.

I have the money but I dunno....I'm not feeling it.

Don't blame you. I think it has had mixed responses, but people are still buying it anyway! XD

I am sure there will be offers on with games that you like in the near future.​

Paid for mine but have to wait for delivery because I went with that option (Cheaper! Savings!). It should have come today but it seems the only thinkgsent out is the game. =/ Ah well - I actually do not mind the delay seeing I am good at waiting for stuff and have a rather busy weekend as it is... Certainly am looking forward to it when it does come though.

Let me guess, you are going to be checking the post every single morning? XD
I always do that when I am waiting for something to be delivered.​

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'm completely interested in the Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover, the new Kingdom Hearts game, the LoZ: Ocarina of Time remake, etc...

..but shelling out $250 always stings xD

Years
I'm completely interested in the Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover, the new Kingdom Hearts game, the LoZ: Ocarina of Time remake, etc...

..but shelling out $250 always stings xD

Haha, tell me about it. Even with the discount I got, my bank balance still felt it! :/

I am looking forward to the Resident Evil games on it. Not only do they look amazing, but 3D RESIDENT EVIL WILL JUST BE EPIC!​

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Haha, tell me about it. Even with the discount I got, my bank balance still felt it! :/

I am looking forward to the Resident Evil games on it. Not only do they look amazing, but 3D RESIDENT EVIL WILL JUST BE EPIC!​

I understand you perfectly man.

I think I'll sell some of my used college textbooks and games to make it hurt less. ;-; I mean, the launch lineup is terribad but good games are a'coming ;D

Years
I understand you perfectly man.

I think I'll sell some of my used college textbooks and games to make it hurt less. ;-; I mean, the launch lineup is terribad but good games are a'coming ;D

Haha. I used my old iPod Touch and traded that in to get discount, a lot of it for that matter. I got £150 trade in on it since the store I go to and my mate works at, beats any other trade in price on other stores. Making the final sale price at £59.99! Bargin! 8D​

Back