• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gyms

Which gym layout you preferred?

• Older style gyms

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Newer style gyms

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
I like the new style with the obstacles, it's more innovative.

Years
I'm torn - a gym with just a leader is boring, but some puzzles (Sabrina's teleport puzzle, Surge's trashcan thing, every ice puzzle ever) are either based on luck (read: loading states) or just obnoxious. Some gyms, like Drayden's in BW2, were rather well done, though, so I'd say those types above all. Just keep me away from ice puzzles.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I prefer the new gymnasium designs as they are interesting, creative and often times, puzzling. The fact that I have to face every Gym Trainer is a bonus. More fights; more EXP. And you can also prep for what the Gym Leader may have in his arsenal.

It's a win-win situation in both design and contents for the new Gyms. I love 'em.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
To be honest, I really couldn't care less about the new-style gyms with their desire to keep challenging you before you get to the actual Gym Leader. My favourite Gym of all time is Blue in GSC because it's so simple and has no tricks involved. The Leader him/herself is already quite tough, so why torture the gamers with even more challenges?

But, after reading this thread, it appears my view is definitely in the minority. Oh well. :D

Back