• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hello. I am very new here and I would really like to join a role play. They only thing is I'm not very good at it at all. But I told this would be a good place to learn.
Welcome to the Roleplay Corner! First, check out The Rules, not only because it contains the rules that are essential to being apart of the community, but also because it contains hints and tutorials for those who need help with things such as character creation, grammar, and roleplaying in general. You can also ask for help from other roleplayers. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

If you want to take it further, read through some roleplays to get a feel for acceptable ways of roleplaying. Just remember that just because there seems to be a consensus for roleplaying doesn't mean it's the only way it can be done. Don't be afraid to try and be creative with your roleplay style.

Be sure to check out the Roleplay Lounge for Roleplays still recruiting members. A couple new ones include Fairy Tale and Life After Death.

Again, welcome to the RP Corner!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 19, 2016
Thank you for your quick replies. I feel a lot better now that I have some direction.

Years
Alright guys, now that Novia's run out of juice I still find myself wanting to GM and play in a journey RP. So I have written another Journey RP, this one being set in the Hoenn region as opposed to a region of my own design like Novia. Whilst the RP still follows the same formula of other journey's (completion of the league being the centre-piece) I wanted to take a different approach, so the RP focuses more on the individual goals of the various characters on their journey through the region and completing the league will not actually be mandatory but rather more of a "recommended" option. Before I post this though I want to make sure that people are actually interested in taking part since there haven't been many RPs of the genre lately.

I also have two other RPs I am currently working on - but unlike the one above they're not ready. The first is one set in the Starcraft universe following a group of human characters as they are forced to go from ordinary colonists to soldiers in a war between alien races. The second is an original role play which deals with the inhabitants of a city attempting to survive a supernatural apocalypse consisting of various "plagues" (may or may not involve the development of superhuman abilities, expect zombies, hellfire and dragons.)

So, thoughts.

Also, welcome to the RPC Ikca.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Hoenn is my favorite region of all of them, so I would definately join. I think letting us choose our paths is cool, as sometimes I like being the bad buy, but then again, hoenn is just so cool you can't be the bad guy! I <3 Hoenn!

btw - that means i approve

as for you other two... I like the sound of the second one. An apocalypse is always good if you have a good plotline and something to base our ideas off (a reason to frequently post) a different apocalyptic roleplay I was once in died due to their being nothing to do, so you might have to think carefully about that one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I love journey RP. Yet I struggle with them at the moment :x What makes me really enjoy them is the opportunity to kind of write an "original-trainer-fic" with inspirational help in the form of rules and events laid down by the GM. But that requires some kind of enticing setting as well as you creating a good character to play with, in order to last for a longer run.

I don't know if I maybe don't like my current RP character as much as I hoped I would, maybe that's keeping me :/

But if you think you can create an interesting enough premise and setting, I'll at least be tempted to join ;)

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Blerg, people stealing my thunder with introductions for new guys! x3

@Ikca, I suppose there really isn't much more to be said, haha. Abandon all hope ye who enters here, the land of Roleplays and Fun, and bla, bla, bla :P *read as: WELCOME!!!!1*

One couple more thing, in case you haven't noticed them yet:
the Roleplay Library lists all currently active Roleplays in the community, sorted by rating and whether they're Pokémon or non-Pokémon.
Check to See if your Roleplay has been accepted v2 is constantly updated whenever a new RP is approved.

That's it, I guess, welcome~ :D

@gimme. HOENN RP! IMPOSSIBRU!
Actually, that's pretty cool, paths and individual goals and all that, just don't put talking walking omniscient Dr. Who-ish Lotads in it and it'll be just fine : >

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I thought about making a TWD-like RP based in a post-modern era. Would anyone be interested?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
TWP?

Also, another Hoenn RP? I now miss Ariel...

Gah, why do all the RPs I join die?!

-ahem-

Hello newcomer!

Anyway, I was thinking of making a beginner-friendly RP different from the original one I'm making. Think of it sorta like a training ground for new RPers, since one of the rules of the RP is to control many characters at once.

Of course, this makes it so that players must write in third-person... That's not a problem here, right?

I'm going to make it a Girls und Panzer RP. Anyone interested? And yes, you may create male characters, despite the title.

Since my original is still under works and my RPM skills (Role Playing Master, that's what I call GMs.) are pretty rusty, this will be the one sandbox-ish RP I'll run until I quit RPing, which isn't anytime soon.

... What, no takers?

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I doubt many people do.:P

But if you think about it, most original RPs are also stories we have never heard of. Sure, it may resemble one show/RP/story we know, although it isn't an exact duplicate. It's good practice for when you are thrusted into a new setting one doesn't know about.

-shrugs- Oh, I haven't really answered your inquiry, have I? I'd link you to a Youtube link, but you can easily look up the 3-min trailer.

Also, I've seen some pretty crazy TWP/Pokemon stories out there. Yours isn't exactly Pokemon, but how futuristic are we talking about?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
just a heads up to all my roleplaying champs:

in australia, university is heading towards the end of the year. that means final assessment and junk. so i'll be on the inactive side. Sorry!

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
just a heads up to all my roleplaying champs:

in australia, university is heading towards the end of the year. that means final assessment and junk. so i'll be on the inactive side. Sorry!

Same goes for New Zealand, yo. Four more weeks and I'll be free!

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I'm trying to put together a region map for a roleplay I'm planning on making and I'm having a lot of problems with scaling.

Main issue I'm facing is that locations on the map feel way too big or too small for the size of the map or for each other. I would go into detail about what I'm talking about, but everything's still in planning. Does anyone have any experience with map making or have any tips that can help me out?

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
@Kranic - sketch out the shape first, then decide how big you actually want this thing. When I make maps, I never actually draw on the towns and citys, but put little markings, or if its a very small scale map, little dots. Often I put a little flag. Then decide on your areas, and what type of ares it would be. If I were you, I'd plan it out on a4 paper first in rough, remembering to make the shape unique, and filling up the whole space. Also figure out how big your capital is going to be, then you can see how much that compares to your land. Big cities are fine, small villages are fine too. Basically, what I'm saying is, dont worry too much about scaling, make that up as you go along.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I have all that in mind, but when I look at the whole map, with bigger details in mind, things just seem really off. Like I'm not sure how far traveling distance would be and if the mountains or forests I have worked out are too big or small for events that I have planned in the future.

I think the main problem I'm having is considering how big a town should be compared to the natural environment, which is kind of hard to judge since it varies so much depending on the era.

I'd really like to have a map that could make an easily envisionable world and what I have currently just makes me feel like they're filled with contradictions.

I also feel like having a high quality map makes writing history a lot easier, since you have a much better starting point and roleplays generally are better when you have a nice thought out setting in place, which is why I really want this to be well done.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hey everyone! Just wanna let everybody know that there's an open spot for an Earthbender in Swifty (Magic Fox)'s and my own RP :D It's not first-come first-serve, so if you feel up to it, give the OOC and maybe the IC a little read. Our earthbender sadly dropped out early on.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
Hmm, just a reminder to the mods, the Life After Death IC thread has been waiting for four days and it still isn't up, and I'm starting to get impatient.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hmm, just a reminder to the mods, the Life After Death IC thread has been waiting for four days and it still isn't up, and I'm starting to get impatient.
We generally accept roleplays at least once a week, sometimes once every few days. Please be patient as we all have lives outside PC.

If you think it has been too long, please send us a polite PM or VM instead of posting in the discussion thread. Don't worry though, we get to all of the submissions eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back