• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2009
That looks like a mismatch of colors in your color palette.
Here, I can list some possible causes and fixes for you:

• Your palette does not match your backsprite. Be sure that you loaded the correct sprite file that you save the palette from.
  • Your palette has more than 16 colors in it. If it has more colors it can usually mess up the colors like that.
  • Some of your colors in your palette may be switched. You'll have to re save the palette. Also, make sure your transparent color is set first in the palette.
  • You may have the wrong palette loaded in-general. I remember I accidentally switched Gary's palette to another in unLZ and he ended up looking like that when I started the game. His face and what not was a sharp red.
It looks like your transparent color possibly got switched with whatever the face/skin colors was, resulting in the skin being transparent and the face/everything else having the transparent color. Something like that.

Thank you so much for replying to me, I've been working on this for days straight! <3

Thing is, I'm not sure if I loaded the correct sprite file or not. I didnt have the heroine offset number so I kind of guessed based on the FireRed tutorials. I went into a battle, saved the palette OBJ, replaced possible heroine palettes in APE with it, then loaded it up in Tile Molester. The palette definitely has 16 colors exactly. I did everything in Tile Molester, I couldn't find the backsprites for Emerald in unLZ. So, the only thing I can think of out of your list is the first one, that I just loaded the wrong palette or just completely screwed something up. I think I just need offset numbers!

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2009
advance map adding a map

Hi dudes im having trouble with advance map 1.92 with a fire red base
when i create a map and then insert it it keeps getting renamed pallet town
and when i try renaming it it also changes the name in the actual pallet town
i have just started hacking and i am stuck already! lol

Years
Hi dudes im having trouble with advance map 1.92 with a fire red base
when i create a map and then insert it it keeps getting renamed pallet town
and when i try renaming it it also changes the name in the actual pallet town
i have just started hacking and i am stuck already! lol

Go to the Header tab on Advanced Map. Change the 'Name:' dropdown list to SEVII ISLAND 6, 7 or 8. Click 'Change Name'. Then, enter your new name in the input box. Click 'Change Name' once again. Save and exit A-Map. Re-open it and your name should be fixed. If not, I always find pressing 'Change Dimensions' helpful.

And one of my major pet-peeves is when people say 'lol', 'XD' or any other 'laugh' emoticons unnecasarily. What's so funny about being stuck? lol

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Thank you so much for replying to me, I've been working on this for days straight! <3

Thing is, I'm not sure if I loaded the correct sprite file or not. I didnt have the heroine offset number so I kind of guessed based on the FireRed tutorials. I went into a battle, saved the palette OBJ, replaced possible heroine palettes in APE with it, then loaded it up in Tile Molester. The palette definitely has 16 colors exactly. I did everything in Tile Molester, I couldn't find the backsprites for Emerald in unLZ. So, the only thing I can think of out of your list is the first one, that I just loaded the wrong palette or just completely screwed something up. I think I just need offset numbers!

Not a problem. :)
Not knowing if you loaded the correct sprite file or not could be a big problem. You always want to make sure you load the same sprite you saved the palette from so that the colors match.

I've yet to do anything in tile molester, only unLZ, so I'm a bit unsure on anything else.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
I was just wondering if anybody knew what the flag was for becoming the Champion in Emerald. I thought maybe it would say in the room where you battle him, or even the Hall of Fame, but looking in A-Map there are no scripts there so I couldn't even hazard a guess. It's just so I can have some people say different things when the player becomes Champion, mainly with giving gifts.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2009
Not a problem. :)
Not knowing if you loaded the correct sprite file or not could be a big problem. You always want to make sure you load the same sprite you saved the palette from so that the colors match.

I've yet to do anything in tile molester, only unLZ, so I'm a bit unsure on anything else.

Okay. I redid it with a clean Emerald rom. I used the sprite pallette from a battle, loaded it in Tile Molester, replaced the heroine backsprite with mine, and it still comes out the same. I did the same thing in FireRed and Ruby, just to see, and they were beautiful. Could the problem just be with Emerald? Maybe this is why no one hacks it... Its my favorite version. I might just settle for Ruby. It feels like half the game, though. T-T

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Okay. I redid it with a clean Emerald rom. I used the sprite pallette from a battle, loaded it in Tile Molester, replaced the heroine backsprite with mine, and it still comes out the same. I did the same thing in FireRed and Ruby, just to see, and they were beautiful. Could the problem just be with Emerald? Maybe this is why no one hacks it... Its my favorite version. I might just settle for Ruby. It feels like half the game, though. T-T

Most people prefer to hack with Ruby because it's said to be easier to hack with when it comes to the R/S/E versions.

Sorry to hear it wouldn't work though. :(
That's a bit strange, palette editing/sprite replacement should work the same with all versions.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2009
Most people prefer to hack with Ruby because it's said to be easier to hack with when it comes to the R/S/E versions.

Sorry to hear it wouldn't work though. :(
That's a bit strange, palette editing/sprite replacement should work the same with all versions.

I would think so too. I'm too stubborn to give up without a fight. XD So I looked more into what you were saying and narrowed the problem down to possibly being APE. You know how you replace the palette and all? Well, I dont know the palette number for the heroine backsprite, so thats probably the main issue. I dont think Tile Molester saves palettes. But I'm just speculating, I'm not entirely sure. I wish I could just give all my sprites to someone and have them do it for me. I'm a good spriter, not a real good scripter or whatever you call this. Lol.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I was just wondering if anybody knew what the flag was for becoming the Champion in Emerald. I thought maybe it would say in the room where you battle him, or even the Hall of Fame, but looking in A-Map there are no scripts there so I couldn't even hazard a guess. It's just so I can have some people say different things when the player becomes Champion, mainly with giving gifts.

I don't know it but decompile the scripts where people say different things to you after you become champion and you will find the desired flag.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2009
I would think so too. I'm too stubborn to give up without a fight. XD So I looked more into what you were saying and narrowed the problem down to possibly being APE. You know how you replace the palette and all? Well, I dont know the palette number for the heroine backsprite, so thats probably the main issue. I dont think Tile Molester saves palettes. But I'm just speculating, I'm not entirely sure. I wish I could just give all my sprites to someone and have them do it for me. I'm a good spriter, not a real good scripter or whatever you call this. Lol.

Nevermind, I fixed it! I started from a clean rom again, and DIDNT do anything with the palettes. I just skipped to Tile Molester and ripped the backsprite straight from the bad rom and it worked. It looks perfect!

Thank you for your help, Cello!! I can't wait to try your hack~! Good luck!! :D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Unfortunately there is know known way to add frames or slots. You can only overwrite them.
You can resize them if you want a huge legendary or d/p/pt sized sprites though. This requires a hex editor.

for re sizing sprites theres a program also so theres deff no way of ading more slots i thought it would be a simple repointing to free space

STM

My DS doesn't read DS games...
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2013
Are there any tools that let you hack text and hack trainers (not just gym/e4/red) in Gold (or Crystal)?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
Just wondering, how do items work, do they have scripts or do they use asm???

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
Years
I've been changing tiles in Emerald lately, and a question occured to me.

Do you have to change the water animations? Like if I replace Emerald's ocean water with FireRed's ocean water, would it do the animation of Emerald's water still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back