• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 649 Patch

Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Although I'll never need this kind of patch myself (not hacking Firered), I think you should create an addiotional text document pointing all the locations (if possible) where the current coding of the game is modified (and what kind of things are written there).
I wouldn't trust a patch file myself that magically adds xx amount of pokemon to my hack and believe that everything would be fine after the patching.

That would be a fantastic idea, except I've long since lost all semblance of where stuff is inserted, or how I did half of my stuff. The only thing I have comprehensive notations about are the abilities.

The new moves are discussed and explained (mostly) in the Adding New Moves thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479), and they are inserted onto a table, as opposed to having too many ASM related hacks in them.

The formes - Jeez, there's code everywhere. In type getting code, in sprite getting code, in attack getting code! Heck, there's even slight modifications to the Mark getting and writing code!

You're doing amazing work so far though - can't deny that !

Thanks!

Xenesis

Syogun Changer
Years
Actually, what I put is a bit misleading. What it actually gets you is 12 channels over 10 tracks, if that makes any sense.
Ah, Yes. Still very neat. Thank you :)

That would be a fantastic idea, except I've long since lost all semblance of where stuff is inserted, or how I did half of my stuff. The only thing I have comprehensive notations about are the abilities.

Well, considering you can make patches look at this: IPSelect

It's an IPS patch utility that allows you to customise what you actually apply of an IPS patch - it's great for tracking down bugs in your major patches or transferring over only small bits of hacks to other hacks :)

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Well, considering you can make patches look at this: IPSelect

It's an IPS patch utility that allows you to customise what you actually apply of an IPS patch - it's great for tracking down bugs in your major patches or transferring over only small bits of hacks to other hacks :)

The page is dead. I can't download the programme.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I must say I don't understand this patch to its extent.

This will make it possible to create fire red hacks with all the pokemons, new items, new moves, and etc. without replacing old things? Is that it?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2016
so does this only mean that we should EDIT the HEX before we can have the pokemon we want ? they'll not appear in the grass ?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Just posting a quick note to say I've managed to fix a few issues which have been dogging the patch for a while.

Firstly, I managed to fix the lack of particle effects when sending out a Pokémon and during certain moves.

Secondly, I managed to fix the Shaymin crash bug.

Thirdly, I fixed the Giratina bug, so you can now safely encounter them.

All three of the above were tested with and without a BIOS, so I'm fairly certain that they're fully fixed.
Since Arceus can't normally learn Transform, I'm treating the Arceus Transform bug as a non-bug for now, but I may fix it at a later stage.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Wow, nice stuff Jambo, it's really cool seeing updates, as it is so existing seeing such a wonderful hack coming into fruition. I'm glad you were able to fix the shaymin bug; I wish you the best of luck on this, and look forward for the full release of the hack. :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2020
I'm in Cerulean city and have yet to encounter one of the new Pokemon. The Day/Night system works fine and I've found some new TMs, there a just a few graphical errors. Am I doing something wrong? Oh and why do a lot of Pokemon only know Transform?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'm in Cerulean city and have yet to encounter one of the new Pokemon. The Day/Night system works fine and I've found some new TMs, there a just a few graphical errors. Am I doing something wrong? Oh and why do a lot of Pokemon only know Transform?
It's because any pokemon past Raichu doesn't have a moveset. Not sure if about the new pokemon, though

hoboman24

Excadrill24
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2014
I found a weird glitch after you talk to the old man, he keeps reappearing when I get into a wild pokemon battle.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

The person who replied to you was right. The Pokémon only know Transform because they use a placeholder moveset. Transform allows them to be at least vaguely dangerous. Also, I was studying transform and how it worked to see if I could gain some undertstanding of it.

None of the new Pokémon appear in the wild because THIS IS NOT A HACK. It is a ROM BASE for other people to base hacks on.

I found a weird glitch after you talk to the old man, he keeps reappearing when I get into a wild pokemon battle.

Cheers, Fixed now. Repatch to get the benefits of the bug fixes. :)

Edit to add: Does anyone have any screenshots, or a well worded account, of how U-turn and Volt Switch actually work in Generation 5?

What I mean is what happens when a wild Pokémon uses it? What happens when the switching part fails due to a lack of Pokémon in the player's party?
I'm genuinely confused as to how I should go about adding them!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I'm so excited for this! Are you making good progress? Are you gonna have a triple battle feature too? Also will legendaries/special Pokemon be implemented in the story line?

Ohhhh.... I just read your previous reply lol. So how will you get Generation 5 Pokemon if this isn't a hack?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Ohhhh.... I just read your previous reply lol. So how will you get Generation 5 Pokemon if this isn't a hack?
You're still missing the point. This isn't something you're supposed to actually play, this is something that's intended for others to base their own hacks on.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Oh wait I think I'm getting this... Lol. So what this is is a patch for FireRed that people will be able to use to put all the Pokemon in the game and cries more easily.

Lol cries as in Pokemon cries.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2012
This is great. Sure it's got it's glitches, but it's useable.
Might spend a few days redoing movesets. Pretty much everything I wanted to add into my rom (short of Johto :P) is in this, along with everything else xD

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Ok, about the 5th gen Pokemon, how do we make them appear? Unless I've missed something they don't appear in Advance Map to be added. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back