• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The only shows I've only really been watching this season is Criminal Minds and Psych, which are both crime shows, and my two favorite ones. It's nice, because since the new episodes air on the same day back to back, I can watch the suspenseful Criminal Minds, and then afterwards watch the more lighthearted and comedic Psych.

Oh, and then there's My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, but that one is more passive than the other two so to speak.

I've heard of Person of Interest though, and I've heard a few good things about it. Not sure which channel it's on.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm after some pretty chill electronic music. I'm not gonna specify what subgenre right now so just give me anything you've got!

Kruder & Dorfmeister got some pretty chill downtempo stuff. Check it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
At the moment I'm listening Skrillex. Skrillex's music is just perfect. All songs are great so just pick one of his songs - I'm sure you like it. :)

So I recommend Skrillex to everyone.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Revival time yeahhhhhhhh.

I'm after some pretty chill electronic music. I'm not gonna specify what subgenre right now so just give me anything you've got!
The Sound of Arrows, if you would consider them electronic. Some group them as dance.

Oh and there is Neon Indian.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
What channel does Person of Interest come on? Is it CBS? I was recommended to this show by a friend.
CBS on Thursdays. But the season's over now. It's in repeats until it starts up again :(

It's written by Jonathon Nolan, who wrote The Dark Knight. So, if you like that kind of noir, crime feeling... that's basically what the show is. It's like Batman, minus the suit, and with a gun.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
No... Terra Nova's live-action, Andy. It has loads of CGI usage, but it's definitely a live-action show.

LMAO. OK I might have skimmed Melves' post and missed the part where he changed the subject to Terra Nova. I thought we were still talking about Adventure Time :P

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Is there any bands that someone can recommend that are like Within Temptation. I know Nightwish and Evanescence are considered to be similar to the band, but I want to know if there are any more. Something more like their older style, and less like they're new style, but something that is similar to their new style would work as well, I suppose. I'm curious to know if there is any similar bands, that have a deep lyrics as Within Temptation.

Also, I'm trying to listen to more English music in general, so if anyone can mention some of their favorite bands/songs that I could check out would be wonderful.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
One Brittish band what comes to my mind is Gorillaz. You should try it Binary. Or are you looking for band which music is similiar to Within Temptation?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm looking for music that is similar to Within Temptation in specific, but since I'm looking into more English Artists in general, I'll give Gorillaz a shot.

Melves

up in the air.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
LMAO. OK I might have skimmed Melves' post and missed the part where he changed the subject to Terra Nova. I thought we were still talking about Adventure Time :P

I figured as much, haha. no need for apologizing for just skimming MY post! x( lol >.<

Anyways, there is something I have been wondering. Does anyone watch series such as 90210, One Tree Hill, The O.C, Gossip Girl and other relevant shows -- shows beginning with a high school, romance theme, and stuff like that? I feel I am the only one here who does >.<

Shining Raichu

Years
Not at all! I started watching 90210 and Gossip Girl and for one reason or another couldn't get into them, but The O.C. and One Tree Hill I've watched fairly religiously! I have all 4 seasons of The O.C. on DVD, though I stopped watching One Tree Hill when Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton left at the end of Season 6.

Also, not sure if Buffy the Vampire Slayer counts, but I maintain that it is to this day the most amazing show of all time.

Melves

up in the air.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
The exact same thing with One Tree Hill! Lucas and Peyton were my favorite characters and after a friend spoiled the ending of season 6, I stopped watching the series all together not wanting to imaging the show without the two. The O.C is just pure awesomeness, yet the last season was a little boring;
Spoiler:

Gossip Girl's first season and the beginning of the second one were pretty good, but then..disastrous, in terms of character development, events, and plot. 90210 is just something I perpetuate to fill the boredom gap.

I want to start watching it! Is it that good? The ratings seem high and the characters look interesting. Might give it try some day.

Shining Raichu

Years
There was just no point continuing to watch after Lucas and Peyton left lol - I did watch the first episode of the next Season but it sucked without them. The characters aren't interesting anymore.

Which show are you referring to in your last line?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Also, I'm trying to listen to more English music in general, so if anyone can mention some of their favorite bands/songs that I could check out would be wonderful.

I'mma assume you mean bands from the UK and not just English language music.

There's old school popular rock like The Beatles, The Kinks, The Jam, David Bowie, The Smiths, The Cure. Then there's Britpop from the 90s with bands like Pulp, Oasis, Blur, and Suede. Radiohead, Placebo and Muse have all been significant through the 00s.

If you like metal you might like punk rock, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Buzzcocks, The Stranglers.
Siouxsie & the Banshees have a really good female vocalist.

I'm not familiar with Within Temptation, but I hear them categorized with Epica and After Forever a lot, in case you haven't heard of them.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
BinaryPeaches, try Stream of Passion. I imagine them being similar to what you're after. Passion, Deceiver and The Scarlet Mark are probably decent starting points.

As for the English music thing, there's quite a lot to work with. I agree with other people in that Gorillaz are a good starting point. I'll just list random stuff.

Gorillaz - Check out some of the stuff from this album, then get Demon Days imo.
Jamie T - Quite hard to get into for some people I guess. Check out some of his more popular stuff like If You Got The Money, Sticks 'n' Stones and The Man's Machine. If you're into that then have a look at Kings & Queens then Panic Prevention.
Chase & Status - Massive electronic / DnB / occasional rap from London. Check out Let You Go, Time, Against All Odds and Hitz (strong language). They cover loads of stuff so this is hardly representative, though. Most of those are from No More Idols.
Nero - London house and dubstep. See if you like Guilt, Promises, Me And You and Act Like You Know. They have one full album, it's called Welcome Reality.
Pendulum - Australian DnB relocated to the UK for the majority of their musical career. One of my favourites. They have a load of good stuff so rather than just listing things, I think you can take a look at their last.fm page for ideas.
Pink Floyd - I don't know much about them, but they're absolute giants. Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall are both great.
The Stone Roses - Love Fool's Gold by them.
Ed Sheeran - Pretty big acoustic pop stuff right now. The A Team and You Need Me I Don't Need You are both pretty big right now.

I... went a bit overboard there. I'll let you get through those and if you want more then I have loads.

I've thanked a few of you already, but thanks to everyone who rec'd me stuff! I'll get to it asap.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'mma assume you mean bands from the UK and not just English language music.

There's old school popular rock like The Beatles, The Kinks, The Jam, David Bowie, The Smiths, The Cure. Then there's Britpop from the 90s with bands like Pulp, Oasis, Blur, and Suede. Radiohead, Placebo and Muse have all been significant through the 00s.

If you like metal you might like punk rock, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Buzzcocks, The Stranglers.
Siouxsie & the Banshees have a really good female vocalist.

I'm not familiar with Within Temptation, but I hear them categorized with Epica and After Forever a lot, in case you haven't heard of them.

I actually mean music in the English Language in general, since I have so much Japanese in my folders and not enough English and apart from what I hear on the radio, I don't hear/know much. I'll be sure to give these bands a shot! I've heard of some of these (like the Beatles, which I basically grew up with) so yeah. Thanks!

@Team Fail (Because I'm too lazy to quote): The more recommendations the merrier! I'll be sure to give your recommendations a shot as well! Thanks!

Years
I sort of know what Within Temptation sounds like so let me recommend my current obsession Florence and the Machine to you. I know on their faces they shouldn't be anything alike, but they are both female-fronted acts that have some dramatic, powerful, sometimes dark songs.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years

I actually mean music in the English Language in general, since I have so much Japanese in my folders and not enough English and apart from what I hear on the radio, I don't hear/know much. I'll be sure to give these bands a shot! I've heard of some of these (like the Beatles, which I basically grew up with) so yeah. Thanks!

whooooops I misinterpreted you completely. All the stuff I listed was from the UK specifically. Still check it out though!

Years
Can anyone recommend some good dystopian-themed books? I just read The Handmaid's Tale and am going through The Hunger Games (which I already read, but forgot all the plot of). I've read 1984 and know of the some of the bigger name ones like Fahrenheit 451, but I'm hoping there's some gem of a book someone knows about that I've never heard of.

Years
I have a question. Is Vampire Diaries worth watching? A friend showed me the first episode (which was pretty bad), but insists it's still a really good show. The vibe I get from it is that it's a vampire love triangle drama (hello there True Blood, Twilight, Buffy), and if that's the main selling point I'd like to know if there's anything else in it that might appeal to someone who doesn't necessarily think vampire love triangles make the best drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back