• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

Who's your favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
So in D/P/Pt as usual we have eight gym leaders that each specialize in a certain type. Some used the great and powerful electric-types while others preferred the chilly ice-types, out of all of them who was your favourite and why? Do you have a particular reason why you like this certain gym leader? Would it be their design, the Pokemon they used, their specialty or did you find their personality great? Are there any other reasons on why you chose that particular gym leader? Discuss!

Years
My fave Sinnoh Gym Leader is Candice, because her hair looks so cute, I also love those socks of hers and she has powerful Ice-types that love to utilize the hail strategy well. She's very hard to defeat if you don't have a Fire-type and I also like her Japanese name (Suzuna).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I third Hikari. There's something about Candice's overall persona that I really like. I think her sense of confidence, and determined attitude toward battling is something I particulaly treasure about her character. She proves to be a formidable opponent too in Platinum. Unless you didn't choose Chimchar that is.

8hachi8

The Phantom Trainer :P
Years
Candice because of her appearance.
WHO WEARS MINI SKIRTS IN A CITY WHERE SNOW IS FALLING 24/7?
:P:P:P
Also,Volkner looks kinda mysterious and cool.And he knows how to use sun power!
:P:P:P

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I think I'm about the only one who doesn't really favour Candice, I guess she was always one of the easier gym leaders to battle with since I had a Houndoom on my side in every playthrough of Platinum or a decent fire-type at that point. The only challenging part of the gym honestly for me was gliding through all of the colossal snowballs blocking your path and people who apparently were allowed to ski indoors.

To answer my own question, my favourite Sinnoh Gym Leader was personally Volkner. He stood out like a lighthouse near a murky sea with jagged rocks, something about him had a spark the others lacked. I guess it was that I liked his laid-back attitude and how he was always a tough challenge, since I usually didn't carry around Ground types. He worked with some of my favourite Pokemon (i.e: Jolteon) and all in all he was a cool gym leader to hang around with. So for me I always favoured Volkner over the others although Gardenia comes in as a close second.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Fantina, not only is she a Gym leader but also a contest star. She stood out to me for these reason that the other Gym leaders of shinnoh region.

Magnetic

Underground Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2018
Yes, would be difficult to go against Candice lol.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I would say Gardenia and Fantina would be my favourites.

I don't really remember Candice....

My least favourite would be Byron, he made absolutely no impression on me at all.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Did Byron even leave his gym? XD He's my least favorite...

Candice is pretty cute. I like her spirited personality, which is a step away from the silent and stoic ice type gym leaders. She must be pretty hardcore to endure the chill, too. :P

My #1 favorite would be Volkner though. I've always had a soft spot for him. I felt sad that he was bummed out, but after facing the protagonist, he found his spark again. There's also something about yellow and darker blue that appeals to me (Luxray is lovely, too!).

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Crasher Wake.

The guy loves what he does, he donates his income to those less fortunate, and he dresses like a freakin' Swampert. He's just so damn fun, how can anyone not like him.

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
Volkner hands down is my favorite gym leader :)

I can't quite give an exact reason but he looks like a hipster and that just seems EPIC to me lol he was also one of the hardest gyms for me since I didn't have a reliable ground when I reached him O_o

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2016
I like Fantina because she reminds me of James in drag.

I also like Gardenia and Candice because, well, I don't know. They just appeal to me in a way the others don't.

Years
I loved what they did with Crasher Wake, having him be both a professional wrestler and a Gym Leader( who still wears his ring gear for battling, for some reason). I've would've expected his Gym to look more like Veilstone in Platinum, but I guess that's part of what makes him unique- his typing and manner are a lot different than you would expect from someone like him.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Crasher Wake, because hes awesome. Nuff said. Nah jk. Well, he looks cool and is a though gym leader. And he looks cool if its your first time seeing him, plus hes a wrestler. And I love Wrestlers.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2015
Roark because he definitely brought a different flavor to the rock gym leaders with Cranidos, my personal favorite fossil pokemon. He also just fit the look of a cool, nerdy miner, imo

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Hard choice, really. I like most of the gym leaders in Sinnoh (except Byron, he's just got no emotion)...my top picks are either Candice, Crasher Wake or Fantina...I'll just say all of them ^_^
They all have totally different personalities, Candice being the high spirited, cute girl who's a master of the sub-zero Ice-type. Crasher Wake is out there, a far different contrast from the other Sinnoh leaders (maybe even ALL the gym leaders in the history of Pokemon), his attire of choice, going for the Mexican wrestler look..his Pokemon of choice are a nice mix too, a mix between fast sweeper, setup and wall, he knows his competitive sets.
Then, there's Fantina, who's the flashy gym leader and master of the tricky Ghost-type. She's fantastic, always wearing her designer dress, having the iconic French accent of hers, and also being a Pokemon contest fanatic, that's what sets her away from the others. Imo, the Sinnoh gym leaders all have their positives, and are a delightful bunch, but the winner in the end is Candice. She just picks up your spirits as you battle her, she's like Whitney, except without the devil spawn I like to call Miltank.

Last edited:
Back