• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Ones That Got Away

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Username: Sydian
Game: SoulSilver
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: I'd like something balanced and for half the team to be native in SoulSilver and the other half traded in.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: Sydian
Game: SoulSilver
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: I'd like something balanced and for half the team to be native in SoulSilver and the other half traded in.
Beedrill
Sudowoodo
Slowking
Masquerain
Wormadam (Sand Coat)
Probopass

Enjoy the team!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Update #6
Spoiler:

Badges: 7
Team:
Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I actually signed up for this a couple months ago, but never got around to starting it. Since my list has changed, I'll just sign up again.

Username: jdthebud
Game: Sacred Gold
The ones that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: 6 Pokemon, Surfer, Flyer, no more than 2 Pokemon with the same type.

Years
Username: WeightyWillBill
Game: White
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

I would prefer Unova Pokemon, but I included non-Unova mons as I might be able to trade some over. I'd like (as usual) surfer and flyer.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
WeightyWillBill, I assume you want 6 Pokemon so this is your team:

Swanna
Aerodactyl
Cincinno
Musharna
Sawsbuck
Victreebel

Good Luck!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Time to get started! I will also be attempting to clear this game in it's entirety, which means catching all 493 Pokémon in the game. A Pokedex count will be included in every update. Wish me luck!

Update #1 on Sacred Gold.

Name: Jd
Rival: Silver
Starter: Chikorita

• After I did the Mystery Egg quest, I caught a couple Wurmple on Route 29, one of which evolved into Luna the Dustox!
  • I got the Old Rod before the first gym, and fished up Reign the Goldeen in Dark Cave.
  • Defeated Sprout Tower and Falkner without much trouble since Luna has Hidden Power Ice and good defensive stats.
  • Caught Menace the Bagon in Union Cave, and defeated Proton in Slowpoke Well.
  • Defeated Silver before the Bugsy fight, which turned out to be really difficult. Scyther is a beast with Technician.
  • Lost to Bugsy over and over with no money and finally was able to confuse hax my way to victory.
  • Went through Ilex Forest, and revived Lily the Lileep in Goldenrod City.
  • Defeated Lyra in the Underground Path, then took on the gym.
  • Whitney wasn't too hard to beat although it did require a team effort as usual.
  • Went to Ecruteak City and the Burned Tower, where I beat Silver again, and then Menace evolved into Shelgon!
  • Took on the gym, and Morty needed a couple tries before Luna was able to Psybeam her way to the win.
  • I could now go to Route 38, and that's where I caught Ken the Farfetch'd.
  • Used Surf to access the lower part of Union Cave (where Lapras is) and caught Chomper the Mawile.
  • Went to Olivine City and scaled the Lighthouse, and Reign evolved into Seaking!
  • I am now saved on the beach at Route 40, and am about to Surf to Cianwood City.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Notes on game changes:
  • Farfetch'd is now Fighting/Flying, with a revamped BST, ability, and moveset.
  • Cut is Grass-type and 60 Power; Rock Smash is 60 Power; Bullet Seed is 25 Power.
  • Also, most Pokémon have access to Hidden Abilities when possible (i.e. Dustox, but not Shelgon).

Pokedex: Seen 261, Caught 162

Team Jd:
Spr_4d_372.png

Menace the Naive Shelgon, ♂ - L34 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
Moves: Headbutt, Rock Smash, Bite, Cut
Spr_4d_345.png

Lily the Serious Lileep, ♀ - L34 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Suction Cups
Moves: Bullet Seed, Rock Tomb, Confuse Ray, Grass Knot
Spr_4h_083.png

Ken the Careful Farfetch'd, ♂ - L34 @ Stick
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Slash, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Close Combat
Spr_4p_303.png

Chomper the Adamant Mawile, ♂ - L34 @ Iron Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Iron Head, ViceGrip, Faint Attack, Bite
Spr_4h_119_f.png

Reign the Adamant Seaking, ♀ - L34 @ Shell Bell
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Horn Attack, Supersonic, Aqua Tail, Surf
Spr_4p_269_f.png

Luna the Sassy Dustox, ♀ - L35 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Compundeyes
Moves: Psybeam, Confuse Ray, Signal Beam, Hidden Power (Ice)

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Hey Necrum, can I extend my challenge to defeating Red? Because it just seems to me that beating the Elite Four isn't enough for me.Also, I never really got the chance to evolve my Pupitar, Ty, into a Tyranitar. So, I'll get right on to that.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Hey Necrum, can I extend my challenge to defeating Red? Because it just seems to me that beating the Elite Four isn't enough for me.Also, I never really got the chance to evolve my Pupitar, Ty, into a Tyranitar. So, I'll get right on to that.
That's entirely up to you. If you wanna play more, play more.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #2 on Sacred Gold.
  • Surfed across the sea to Cianwood City, defeating all the trainers I could find.
  • Defeated Eusine after seeing Suicune.
  • Took on the gym, which was not that hard. Chuck was pretty easy to defeat after I taught Aerial Ace to Ken.
  • After I delivered the SecretPotion to Jasmine and healed Amphy, I went up to the Safari Zone.
  • There I found that Team Rocket had taken over, and I defeated them with some help from the Sinnoh event trainers.
  • Defeated all the leaders by myself, and culminated in a victory against Archer alongside Riley.
  • Moving on, I went back to Olivine City and challenged Jasmine. Ken shined here too with Close Combat.
  • Mahogany Town was now accessible, and on the way there, Lily evolved into Cradily!
  • Went up to Lake of Rage and kille Gyarados, then talked to Lance.
  • Infiltrated the Team Rocket Hideout, and defeated Ariana with Lance.
  • Took on the gym, and beat Pryce without too much trouble.
  • Elm called about the Radio Tower, so I went to Goldenrod City to fight Team Rocket again.
  • Defeated Petrel and got the Basement Key, then beat Silver down there as well.
  • Got the Key Card from the Director, and wend back to the Radio Tower.
  • Took down Proton and Ariana again, then faced off against Archer.
  • After I defeated him, Giovanni showed up! He was tough, but I was able to beat him as well, and Team Rocket was finally done for.
  • Went through the Ice Path to Blackthorn City, and while I was training on the Mountain Road, I caught Entei!
  • Eventually took on the gym, and while inside, Menace evolved into Salamence!
  • Challenged Clair, and Menace was definitely a star here, although Reign had to finish it.
  • Went to the Dragon's Den to pass the test in order to get the badge, then flew down to New Bark Town.
  • Elm told me the Kimono Girls were looking for me, so I went to Ecruteak to defeat them and received the Clear Bell.
  • Went Raikou hunting, and eventually caught it with a Fast Ball.
  • Climbed the Bell Tower and after 1 reset due to Ho-oh running out of moves, I got it with an Ultra Ball.
  • Now I could go to Victory Road, so I surfed from New Bark Town to Route 27 and through Tohjo Falls.
  • Went through Victory Road and defeated Silver at the end again, then arrived at Indigo Plateau.
  • Went to the Battle Tower, which is open early in this hack, and got enough BP to teach Chomper Ice Punch.
  • Took on the Elite Four:
  • Will was defeated by Chomper (Sucker Punch), Luna (Bug Buzz), and Menace (Dragon Claw).
  • Koga was taken out by Reign (Waterfall), Ken (Brave Bird), Luna (Psychic), and Lily (Stone Edge).
  • Bruno was defeated mainly by Menace's Fly attack.
  • Karen was handled by Reign (Waterfall) and Ken (Close Combat, Swords Dance).
  • Finally it was time to face Champion Lance. Here's a video and play-by-play of the battle:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
gotawayhof1.png

Notes on game changes:
  • Farfetch'd is now Fighting/Flying, with a revamped BST, ability, and moveset.
  • Seaking, Mawile, and Dustox also have some BST changes, although not to the extent of Farfetch'd.
  • Strength is Rock-type and 75 power.
  • Also, most Pokémon have access to Hidden Abilities whenever possible and/or appropriate (i.e. Dustox, but not Salamence).

Pokedex: Seen 427, Caught 322

Team Jd:
Spr_4p_269_f.png

Luna the Sassy Dustox, ♀ - L55 @ Choice Specs
Ability: Compundeyes
Moves: Psychic, Confuse Ray, Bug Buzz, Sludge Bomb
Spr_4h_083.png

Ken the Careful Farfetch'd, ♂ - L55 @ Stick
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Leaf Blade, Close Combat, Brave Bird, Swords Dance
Spr_5b_303.png

Chomper the Adamant Mawile, ♂ - L55 @ Choice Band
Moves: Iron Head, Strength, Ice Punch, Sucker Punch
SG_373.png

Menace the Naive Salamence, ♂ - L56 @ Draco Plate
Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fly, Draco Meteor
Spr_4h_119_f.png

Reign the Adamant Seaking, ♀ - L55 @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Return, Waterfall, Surf, Poison Jab
Spr_4d_346.png

Lily the Serious Cradily, ♀ - L56 @ Quick Claw
Ability: Suction Cups
Moves: Giga Drain, Stone Edge, Confuse Ray, Stealth Rock

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_DP_Pok%C3%A9mon_Ranger_F.png

Pokemon Ranger Syd
SoulSilver (Jap)
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png

015.png

Death ♂ lv. 11
[ Fury Attack, Poison Sting, Harden, String Shot ]

299.png

Fuzzy lv. 13
[ Tackle, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Thunder Wave ]

We started our journey in Johto. Named myself Syd and named my rival Coach. I started with a Totodile, but quickly caught Death the Weedle and traded in a Nosepass egg. When it hatched, I named it Fuzzy. As one might can tell, Bellsprout Tower was a pain, but the first gym...yeah, no one could touch me since I had a giant nose. lol The climb to level 10 for both of them was a doozy though...I had never been more excited to see Kakuna and Beedrill in my life. Til next time~

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
Username: DelightedTurk
Game: Pokémon Fire Red
Pokemon that got away:
Spoiler:

Parameters: Preferably no more than one of each type, a Surfer and Flyer would be helpful too

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
DelightedTurk, you get Beedrill, Ludicolo, Xatu, Porygon, Arcanine, and Manectric. Not a bad team. :)

DelightedTurk

Years
@Sydian: Thanks for that, I'll get started as soon as possible. Really looking forward to it tbh. Team has potential to say the least!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Pokemon Ranger Syd
SoulSilver (Jap)
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png

015.png

Death ♂ lv. 17
[ Fury Attack, Poison Sting, Focus Energy, Twinneedle ]

299.png

Fuzzy lv. 17
[ Headbutt, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Thunder Wave ]

079.png

Queen ♀ lv. 16
[ Headbutt, Confusion, Water Gun, Yawn ]

We went through Union Cave. It wasn't fun, so I skipped most of the trainers so that I could save them for my next party member. We kicked Team Missile Bomb out of Slowpoke Well and caught a Slowpoke of our own and named her Queen. It would have been Slowqueen if my game was in English, lol. Trained her up a bit and then took down Bugsy with ease. I mean...I have a rock nose with me. Makes the first three gyms pretty easy, doesn't it? Moving on to Goldenrod City now!

Also, I haven't posted natures or abilities with my Pokemon cause the game is in Japanese, so I'll worry about figuring out that stuff and adding it in later. Not that y'all care, but I care. Immensely. ...lol

DelightedTurk

Years
Update #1
Spoiler:

The Team
Spoiler:

Just a quick little update to let you all know I've started, gonna get working now and from now on updates will be longer. Only need to catch Growlithe and Electrike now. I used the Universal Randomiser to remove trade evolutions so Porygon will evolve at level 30

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Pokemon Ranger Syd
SoulSilver (Jap)
50px-Zephyr_Badge.png
50px-Hive_Badge.png
50px-Plain_Badge.png

015.png

Death lv. 20
Swarm | Rash
[ Fury Attack, Poison Sting, Focus Energy, Twinneedle ]

299.png

Fuzzy lv. 19
Sturdy | Lonely
[ Headbutt, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Thunder Wave ]

079.png

Queen lv. 20
Own Tempo | Bold
[ Headbutt, Confusion, Water Gun, Yawn ]

185.png

Hushu lv. 20
Sturdy | Quirky
[ Mimic, Rock Throw, Low Kick, Flail ]

Made it to Goldenrod City and did all the wonderful things there, such as getting a Radio Card, a Bike, and taking some pictures dressed as a Rocket Grunt. You know! Good stuff! :) We beat Whitney, and surprisingly, Fuzzy wasn't the one to solo the gym. Queen did most of the work. Speaking of Fuzzy, I realized that Fuzzy is a boy. I was wondering how Attract worked on it and well...yeah, Fuzzy is a boy nose lol. After doing that and beating some trainers, we caught Hushu the Sudowoodo. Points to you if you get the reference. ;) Now we're chillin' before we go to Ecruteak City.

There's also this:
alli omg i thought nosepass was genderless lmfao
alli WHOOPS
alli that'll look great in my next update
alli discovered my giant nose is a giant male nose
nowi lol
nowi wait
nowi is it named SydNose ?
alli fuzzy
alli poor fuzzy is getting flinch, para, and attract haxed up the ass
alli or
alli up the nostril