• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Bicycle Did You Choose?

Which Bike Did You Choose?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I always chose the MACH bike and never switched, since I wanted to go fast. Even though it was really annoying to try and turn at the right places :p Forgot about the ACRO bike and never really got into the areas where an ACRO bike was needed, not even in the safari zone.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Mach Bike all the way! The Acro bike was cool and all, but there were very few times where it was actually needed, and it usually just lead to some rather uninteresting items. I think it may also be needed to get to the spot where you can catch Feebas, but that's the only thing I really find it useful for. There may be more, but that's not anything I'm really familiar with.

The Mach Bike however is much more useful, just in the fact that it's so fast. It makes travelling a lot faster, and it's necessary to catch Rayquaza, which is pretty much an instant win in my book. I also actually really enjoyed trying to beat my best time on the Cycling Road, so yeah, so many more positive things about the Mach Bike.

As for the first one I picked, I believe it was the Mach Bike, but I honestly can't remember.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
Acro. There's nothing cooler than bunny hopping all over the place.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
I honestly thought the Acro Bike was one of the coolest things about Hoenn... I used to just Bunny Hop and Wheelie all over the place for no reason

tnfsf11

I would occasionally switch between both because each had a special "ability":
-The Acro could bunny hop, which is useful to reach certain places, like in the Safari Zone.
-The Mach was way faster & it gradually accelerates & decelerates, which is useful when crossing the weak spots in the floors of the tower where Rayquaza lurks.

I usually go with the Mach Bike, because bikes were supposed to be alternatives for running shoes, right? The Acro isn't all that faster compared to the shoes, & I want speed to hatch my precious eggs ;)

Berzerk!

Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Years
Mach Bike, finding out that Sapphire had it's own inbuilt Cyclist Road Time Trial was amazing fun to try and get the lowest time possible, that and it felt like I was flying at the speed of a bullet.. zooomm~~~~ Though I was a bit bad at handling it... those poor NPC's...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I kept going back and switching bikes all the time, to suit my needs, but for some reason, I'd always pick the Mach Bike first xD

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
I chose the Acro bike first because you can do cool wheelis and bunny hops with it and for the mach bike it wasn´t needed for me because I didn´t hatch eggs I just wanted to play and also didn´t want to bump into someone every 2 seconds (I know the mach is necessary to catch Rayquaza but after that I switched back)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Mach, for the purpose of later hatching Pokemon eggs. Now that I know what can be done with the other choice, though, I'll have to switch and check it out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It depended on where my secret base was. But when that wasn't a variable I usually had the Mach Bike for traveling purposes. Also getting up those mudslides so you don't have to go through the grass etc etc. Though I did like the Acro Bike; it was always fun to hop around for a bit before getting on with the game haha.

Years
I obviously used both, but I have to say that I liked the Acro Bike more. Just easier to handle plus the hop feature was something you couldn't do on the previous games so I was happy for the switch up. Like when my cousin told me you'd be able to get a skateboard in one of them way before it came out. I was little and naive so I believed him...what a let down.

Years
The first time I walked into the Bike Shop in mobile, I was still new to Pokémon and had no clue what the names "Mach" or "Acro" said about the bike.

So I picked Acro because I thought it just sounded cooler. :P

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I used the Mach Bike from when I first acquired it, and used it more often than the Acro Bike. The Acro Bike was good in it's own way, but I wanted a bike that was fast in speed.

Back