• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Family Backgrounds & Accomplishments

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
What's your familial background, and what did some of your ancestors accomplish?

My father's side is primarily Scottish, Irish, and English, while my mother's side is French, Native, and German.

A 6x("great") grandfather of mine, James Ross, discovered the magnetic north poll.

My fiance is of Arab and Spanish descent with a tinnnyy bit of Asian thrown in there.

He's part of the Alaouite Dynasty, and would have been a prince if his great-great-great-great grandfather Abdelaziz hadn't give his brother Hafid the thrown :s but it's all right, since he's called "Moulay" (Lord) wherever he goes in Morocco, and if he had been a prince, we wouldn't have met so <3

I'm just curious about the PC community :3

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I'm mostly Italian. But I'm also Irish, German, French, and English.

I don't think my family has acomplished anything, really...we aren't that special x3

On my mom's side, we all own a vinyard in Sicily, does that count?

Last edited:

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
Years
  • Age 27
  • NYC
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
My father's side of the family is completely Irish and has in in the U.S. since the 1850's, and my mother's side of the family is Irish and Austrian. My great-grandmother on my grandpa's side immigrated here from Ireland when she was a little girl, and my grandma's side is Austrian.

We haven't really accomplished anything from what I've heard.

Except that one relative who started that program where teenage girls go to nursing homes and make old ladies feel pretty.

Ehh, I seriously don't know anything else.

Years
This seems like an OVP topic to me, not an OC one.

My family is of Western European decent: Dutch, French, Scottish, Irish, English. Call me Whitey McWhitesalot. I think I'm related to the Pilgrims, but I might have just been confused by my school lessons when I was younger.

My grandfather was a doctor in WW2 and one of my ancestors founded a nowhere town somewhere in the Midwest. I have so much to live up to.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I've got a couple of interesting notes from when I did research on my family for a project in high school...

My mother's family is fully Hispanic of Mexican and Spanish origin. My grandmother was descended from King Philip I of Spain. One of my Great-grandfathers on that side was evidently involved with the Mexican Revolution, fighting second-in-command under Pancho Villa.

My father's family is Irish...Scottish maybe...just generic white folk. They married into Hispanic families several time in their history, so my dad himself is half-and-half. One of my great-great-great grandfathers here was a signer of the Texas Declaration of Independence, and two of his sons fought at the Alamo.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
Years
I'm American, but I also come from a Mormon family. They were badass and walked across half the country with only covered wagons and stale bread, and that was after they were persecuted for being different than other people (lol irony). Or something like that. Yeah.

Years
Italian descendany on my Dad's side, not sure how far back it goes but apparently comes from a couple of brother's who same over to England to sell cutlery and then got told to come up Sheffield because of the steel industry.

Mum's side, now idea, never been looked into.

Nothing special on either side as far as I can tell though.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
I don't know, but I really wish I did. I thought I knew before, because my parents have this thing hanging on the wall that supposedly talks about the origins of my last name and such, and what some ancestor did.

It turns out they got it from freakin Camelot or some theme place like that.... *Facepalm*

Ayselipera

My father is all Italian and my mother is Italian, Irish, and Portuguese.

My grandfather is 3rd cousins with John F. Kennedy making me whatever that is to him.
I also have another relative who is the Speaker of the House in Massachusetts.
Somehow on my mom's side I'm related to the singer Patty Smyth.

So technically no one closely related to me did anything spectacular.

Years
My moms side of the family is almost purely welsh but is also english, and my dads side it english, and with a last name like 'James' part scotish i or something.

and my dad is also somehow related to Duncan James from 'Blue' (i think, or was it some other boy band?) apparently hes his cousin or something.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2010
im irish, english, french, and german. mostly irish. i am related to george potts who went down horshoe falls in niagara falls then went down through the rapids in a barrel and lived.

that's the most important person in my family i know of besides obama. that was a joke. haha im so funny.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
On my father's side, I believe I am English, Italian, German, and a little Scottish... My grandfather served in the U.S. Air Force and eventually raised seven children in a nice neighborhood.

On my mother's side, I have no clue, but based on her look, I suspect she is of some sort of Hispanic or Native American origin. Anyway, her foster parents owned a pretty nice farm in Texas. I never met her home nor family; just heard her stories.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I'm of Dutch, Czek, and Prussian descent (more or less Polish) xD

In terms of accomplishments, nothing overly neat but my father's side of the family, the Dutch, were apart of the group of Dutch who hid Jews during WWII.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
My great-great-grandfather and great-great-grandmother were cousins, if that counts >.>

Actually, one of my great-uncles, Octavius (apparently he was actually called Leslie but as he was the eighth child...) was at the Battle of Loos, as a member of the 9th Battalion, the Black Watch and died there. For anybody who's interested, he's the one at the top left in the photo.

EDIT: I just found out that I'm also related to omebody important enough to have their own wikipedia page o.O I am in shock.

Last edited:
Years
As far as I can remember, I'm part Norwegian, Sewdish, Scottish, French, Metis, English, Austrian and Hungarian. I'm pretty sure there's a couple I'm missing, but I can't think of them right now.

My family's claim to fame is being a descendant of Louis Riel. He was the leader of the Metis people in Canada, and he was the founder of one of the Canadian provinces, Manitoba. I remember learning about his life in History a few years ago, and was fascinated that my family came from such an important part in Canadian history. He was eventually hanged for executing a man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Riel

My cousin is also related to Peter MacKay, a man that almost became the Prime Minister of Canada in 2003.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
My great/great-great granddad (I don't remember which) James Matthew Barrie created Peter Pan.

One of my uncles was in a famous Scottish band. That's about it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Every family member I know is entirely English, so I assume I'm pretty much 100% English.

Dad's side of the family: Most of the men I know of have been in the army at some point, my great uncle was apparently a high-ranking officer at an RAF base, can't remember what rank. That's about it as far as I know.

Mum's side of the family: I don't know them, but my mum said something about her dad being on a submarine and his brother being in the RAF, so I guess the military again.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I am Purto Rican. My grandmother, and her family moved from purto rico to america, and my grandmas grandma moved from spain to purto rico. My grandma was dirt poor when she moved to america, and throw capitalism she was able to start her own business, and later buy her own apartments. Making my parents life, and my life a lot easier, financially wise.

On my dads side they where all Catholics, but on my moms side they where all Protisian. My dad grow up catholic, and when to a catholic school. My dad lived in a Jewish neighborhood tho. Williams burg, New York. My mom lived in a Spanish, and Irish neighborhood with lots of brownstones. <3

On my dads family most of the men where real sailors back when they lived in Spain.

Genetically my family are all very skinny, but strong. They are usually on the tall side. Most of the men in my family died of liver frailer. From drinking too much. :c
Most people on my moms side of the family have high blood pressure. Also every body in my moms side has "O" Type blood. ( And so do I :D)

Back