• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I decided to start a playthrough of LeafGreen. Yay.

I picked Charmander; named it Flame, and beat my Rival 'Nick' for the first time. I went and got the Parcel and Pokedex. I went onto Route 22 and got myself a Mankey; named it Punch. I beat my rival after a lot of grinding. Then I went and got all the pokemon in viridian forest for my pokedex. I beat Brock after that using Punch's Low Kick & Karate Chop attack's.

Team:
Spr_3f_004.png

CHARMANDER [Flame] Lv12 (M)
Mild Nature @None
-Scratch
-Growl

-Ember
Spr_3f_056.png

MANKEY [Punch] Lv13 (F)
Mild Nature @None
-Scratch
-Leer

-Low Kick
-Karate Chop

PC:
Spoiler:

EDIT: Doing Pokemon Emerald as well. Got my Treecko; Whirlwind, then caught my Poochyena; Rocky. After some training, I searched for a Ralts; that. Named Boidoh, after an idiot from a different forum that would rant about how male gardevoirs are overrated. I then got a Slakoth ready for trading but it turns out that you can get a traded Makuhita in Emerald. So I took on Roxanne with my kind of under leveled team.
Spr_3e_252.gif

TREECKO [Whirlwind] Lv14 (M)
Bashful Nature @None
-Bullet Seed
-Leer
-Absorb
-Quick Attack
Spr_3e_261.gif

POOCHYENA [Rocky] Lv11 (F)
Serious Nature @None
-Tackle
-Roar
-Sand-Attack
Spr_3e_280.gif

RALTS [Boidoh] Lv11 (M)
Adamant Nature @Quick Claw
-Growl
-Confusion
-Double Team

Spoiler:

Double EDIT: Wow, nobody plays these games anymore. I have to keep editing. Anyway, I went through Mt. Moon and Flame evolved. I got Dust-Storm the Sandshrew just outside of Cerulean and trained it until it evolved, while getting to Bill's house. Then I faced Misty and got beat 5 or 6 times. Eventually, my strategy worked. My pokemon can only sustain one hit because Starmie is too fast. I One-hitted Staryu with Mega Kick (Flame) then switched to Dust-Storm for phase 2. I used Poison Sting right off the bat, poisoning it. Dust-Storm was obliterated then Punch came out. The combined power of being poisoned and Mega Punch forced her to use a Super Potion. afterwards, Flame finally returned to the field and because of the damage Starmie had taken from Poison and Mega Punch, it was low enough for Mega Kick to take out. But Water Pulse confused Flame and Mega Kick already had horrid accuracy. Luckily, Flame pulled through and hit, winning me the Cascade Badge.

Team:
Spr_3f_005.png

CHARMELEON [Flame] Lv24 (M)
Mild Nature @None
-Scratch
-Mega Kick

-Ember
-Metal Claw
Spr_3f_056.png

MANKEY [Punch] Lv22 (F)
Mild Nature @None
-Scratch
-Mega Punch

-Low Kick
-Karate Chop

Spr_3f_028.png

SANDSLASH [Dust-Storm] Lv22 (F)
Docile Nature @None
-Scratch
-Dig
-Poison Sting
-Rock Tomb

Last edited:

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
Years
Roger's Conquest for 7 Gold Symbols in the Battle Frontier

domechamp.png
Battle Dome Saga:

emespr121.png

Timid Starmie

emespr242.png

Bold Blissey

emespr376.png

Adamant Metagross

Getting through the other trainers was a breeze.
After 5 Tourneys, I met Dome Ace Tucker.

I chose Starmie and Metagross.

Starmie quickly destroyed the Charizard. Then he sent out Swampert, and I quickly used Surf. However, it survived and used Mirror Coat so I fainted. However, I used a simple Earthquake from Metagross and Swampert fainted.

I was awarded with the Silver Tactics Symbol.
badge01.png

Using the same team, I cleared all the trainers once again. I finally met Dome Ace Tucker once again using the same 2 pokemon.

My Metagross was better than his Metagross so his fainted before mine did. I did Earthquake on Swampert and so did it, so I fainted. My Starmie quickly destroyed his Swampert so I won.

I was awarded with the Gold Tactics Symbol.
badge01-g.png

I decided to go on and I failed lol.

Current Streak: 16
Top Streak: 42

factorychamp.png
Battle Factory Saga:

emespr008.png

Serious Wartortle

emespr356.png

Bold Dusclops

emespr162.png

Docile Furret

Although, I did not have the same team for the whole Battle Factory system, that was the team I used to challenge Noland with.

I quickly swept all the trainers and met Noland.

My Wartortle destroyed his Weepingbell and most of his Gloom by Ice Beam. However, Gloom fainted my Wartortle. I decided to send in my Furret and it destoryed his Gloom. Then, he sent out his troubling Murkrow. It kept using Double Team but in the end, I finally defeated it using Return.

I won, so he gave me the Silver Knowledge Symbol.
badge05.png

I decided to continue. A very good pokemon I had was a Choice Banded Aerodactyl. Helped sweep most of the 7 trainers.

At the end, I finished my 5th round of 7 so I had a streak of 35.

My luck ended there however. I was stuck with a Feraligatr, Gardevoir, and Blaziken. Not the best and the 1st trainer beat me due to the bulky pokemon he had.

How sad. :( I will try again though.

Current Streak: 0
Top Streak: 35

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
JOURNAL ENTRY 1

Dear Journal:

And 'lo, I finally arrived at my home in Littleroot Town (I oughta sue the moving company for stuffing me in the back along with all of our stuff, I've a nasty headache now and something smells funny). I proceeded inside and set my new clock (after of course trying to get the attention of the strange creature carrying the T.V. back and forth) then left to meet my new neighbour, May. Her mother sent me upstairs, and I was in the awkward position of her walking in on me in her bedroom. No, really, I didn't take anything, honest. She immediately sat down at her computer and I tiptoed out.

I then went to find the Professor. Would you believe I found him getting attacked by a wild raccoon? I thought this guy was a top-notch Pokémon expert. I am ordered to grab a Pokéball out of the bag a few feet away from me. Without thinking, I grab the one in the center and throw it, and out pops the cutest thing I'd ever seen, a little orange chick. It only took two attacks to dispose of the assailant, after which I learned that it is called a Torchic.

The next morning, I wanted to play with my new friend, May. I ended up having to go for a long walk at which point I found out she had her own Pokémon, which she told me was a Mudkip. I had already done some battling, but it seems this was her very first battle, and I ended up squashing her easily. After this, she wanted me to come home and quickly. The good Professor gave me this weird gadget called a Pokédex and sent me off again. My mother had apparently gone out shopping while I was away and gave me a pair of running shoes. They sure felt better than those flip-flops I arrived in.

I traveled back out to find my father at the Petalburg Gym. Would you believe he refused to battle me? He even had the nerve to call me a greenhorn after collecting several new Pokémon! Wally then walks in, and he had this very sad look about him. I ended up tagging along to help him catch a Pokémon with my Dad's Zigzagoon. Would you believe he was lucky enough to find the first Ralts on the path in his first attempt? He caught it, and Zigzagoon was returned to its owner, but I was shipped off west to start looking for badges. I stomped off muttering about the experience.

The travel through the woods was a somewhat eerie experience; I mean, you always get lost in the woods. Some thug was trying to steal some guy's papers, but my Torchic was able to take care of him. I proceeded along to Rustboro City and visited a lovely home where I met a kid named Kobe. It seems he really wants a Ralts. I knew what it was from earlier, but evidently they were not local to the area and he could not go out far from the city seeking one. I ended up traveling back to my Dad, who advised me they were in the area east of Petalburg City.

After 15 minutes of searching and running away from anything I saw, I finally got my shining opportunity; a Ralts approached me. I asked my new Silcoon, which evolved from Wurmple on the trip to Rustboro City, to weaken it with a Poison Sting, then Tackle it. Would you believe that Ralts fainted from the Tackle attack? I thought they were stronger than that.

I finally located and caught a second Ralts, but while I was there overheard a discussion of a Marill that could be found to the west of the city. Apparently this Marill was new to the area and its habitat grew quickly, so it should be easy to find. At this point I knew that the Gym at Rustboro was a rock-themed Gym, and had gone to the Trainer's School to learn that I wanted a water type. My Pokédex told me that Marill was a water type, so I loitered around for a while to find one and eventually caught it. I healed at the Pokémon Center and returned to where I caught my Ralts; would you believe there was another Ralts waiting for me right there? I remembered that Kobe wanted a Ralts, so I quickly caught it and resumed training.

Tomorrow, I will set out to return to Rustboro City. Will my Marill be able to handle the Gym? I have no idea, but I do know it will be a long night training. I need to prove Dad wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good start? ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOURNAL ENTRY 2

Dear Journal:

I said my goodbye to Dad in the early morning hours of the second day and said I would come around again by nightfall to harvest berries, and set out along Route 104 en route to Petalburg Woods. I began to trek the by-now-familiar path to the other side of the Route leading to Rustboro City. Along the way, I harvested and planted new Berry plants to harvest later in the evening.

On the way north, I discovered a Slakoth loafing around in the middle of my path. After a brief tussle, I captured it in a Pokéball and was about to leave, but I decided it would be worthwhile to look for Wurmple's other evolution, a Cascoon, before continuing. After an extensive search, I succeeded and carried on walking.

Upon reaching Rustboro City, I went straight to the house belonging to Kobe's family and presented him with one of the Ralts I had caught. He was so happy that he gave me his Seedot, named Dots. I'm sure the Seedot was sad to be part of that deal, but Kobe told it before the trade that he wanted it to train with me and become stronger, and it seemed happy with that notion. I didn't bother to point out that Ralts' only known move at the time was "Growl".

With that deal done, I went to another house and met Walda with her Pokédoll collection. Walda seems to be a sad little girl, and her father was desperate for something to make her smile. I stuttered and basically said something that sounded like "CSnBBVsLsGGGVRh"; would you believe that little girl cracked up laughing? The father thanked me and told me he'd send me a file with something I might like; I went to the Pokémon Center immediately and already found the following in my PC box:

preview.php

The wallpaper actually looks nice. I might inquire about getting a lighter shade of blue and red.

(EDITOR'S NOTE: You can create your own wallpaper and get your own humorous gibberish. If you need details, ask me. Also, if your Trainer ID happens to be 65325, the above "word" will work for you, but not otherwise.)

I swapped out my party to work on evolving my Cascoon and am about to resume training on Route 116 in preparation for the upcoming Gym battle. I will be back with more later.

JOURNAL ENTRY 3

Dear Journal:

What an amazing day today was. Here I was busily training my Nincada on Route 116 when I was approached by a somewhat different-looking Nincada. I thought it might be another evolutionary chain or something, so I decided to capture it and ask my Dad if he knew anything about it. More on that later.

The rest of my day was spent training all of my Pokémon. They all are much stronger now than they were when I met them. My Cascoon has evolved into a Dustox, accompanying my Beautifly. My Slakoth is still lazy; I can't wait for the day it learns to be a more responsible battling partner. I have two Pokémon with Water Gun now that I remember my Wingull has been using it to drown the poor Nincadas on Route 116, so Roxanne's Rock Gym should be a piece of cake.

At nightfall, I made the express journey back to Petalburg City. After harvesting my Berries, I went to ask my Dad about the strangely coloured Nincada I had caught. He took one look and said, "Son, you've caught yourself a Shiny." Of course, I had to then ask, "What's a Shiny?" "There's nothing that different about them habitually," he said, "but they are sought after by Pokémon enthusists everywhere as they have a different coloration from a standard Pokémon. That Nincada is special and you should take exceptionally good care of it." I promised Dad I would do that and got ready for bed, telling him I might not return for a while after leaving in the morning. He didn't seem to mind.

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Once I finish Emerald and the Generation IV games, thus allowing me to import the Pokémon through the generations, I plan to import this specific Nincada to Black. If anyone needs a Shiny Nincada, I may seek assistance cloning it and getting some that I can trade. More on its stats once I go about that, but I do not plan to train it in Emerald and have it stored in the last box of the PC as caught at Level 7. Once clones have been made, it will be the Nincada I train in Black. Anyone know whether the Shedinja from a Shiny Nincada's evolution is itself Shiny? Send me a VM.)

As I go to bed, I am left reflecting on the day. I have a new Shiny Pokémon, I have a great team of partners who are loyal to me and will fight for my honour, and I have a Seedot who may still have loyalty issues. Despite the possible complications with Dots in the future, I remain hopeful for the road ahead. I spoke with Roxanne earlier today and scheduled my battle with her for tomorrow. I eagerly look forward to the battle but remain nervous as this is my first official challenge. I hope I do well!

(EDITOR'S NOTE: The journal entry below contains material that was done just for journal purposes and not saved. Obviously I know what I'm getting into here having completed Black - not to mention most of the story on an Emerald ROM - and seeing the guides for the Gyms would not try an official playing so under-leveled.)

JOURNAL ENTRY 4

Dear Journal:

Today was both the highest of highs and the lowest of lows all-together. I approached the Rock Gym of Roxanne with hopes high, and all started out well; I gave my Torchic a chance to flex itself (though that didn't go smoothly, it still won) and ended up in a double battle affair with two other Trainers where my Marill and Ralts easily stole the show. Confidence swelling, I approached Roxanne (I saved here BTW) and challenged her. Her Geodudes fell in the same way as those before...then it happened. She sent out Nosepass. And I was crushed. Not only was it her starter Pokémon, but it was stronger than everything I brought with me.

Dejected but vowing for a rematch, I headed back to Route 116 from the Pokémon Center, but not before checking on my berries from the night before. They weren't ripe yet, so I will check again later. Back on Route 116, I ended up encountering another Abra and basically chucked a ball at it thinking it would just run away again; my time must have come, because this one wanted to come with me! Happy to finally get that out of the way, I went on to train. In the midst of training, I encountered the most adorable creature, something my Pokédex referred to as a Skitty. It seems to be the most normal-type Pokémon one can get, so I doubt it will become a major component of my team, but it does happen to be one of the rarest Pokémon in Hoenn (and one of the cutest) so I had to catch it in one of the Great Balls that my Zigzagoon stumbled upon in our travels.

I will write more when Roxanne's Nosepass falls.

JOURNAL ENTRY 5

Dear Journal:

What a busy day today was, Journal. I managed to defeat Roxanne at the Rustboro Gym, and then came across the researcher from the Woods having something stolen. I had to save the day again, and as a reward for my trouble, I got asked to travel across Hoenn and deliver some package, and also some letter to a guy named Steven. However, I did get a Pokénav for my trouble, so now my Mom can bother me about changing my underwear whenever she wants. Joy. (EDITOR'S NOTE: This is an anime reference.)

I did meet Mr. Brimey, whose Wingull got stolen as part of the thievery. It didn't take long to get it back to him, and when all was done and I was free to do as I wished again, I asked his help to go overseas. Along the way, Dad got wind of my number and called me on the boat. After I arrived, I looked around the sleepy island town of Dewford, where the subject of discussion around town was some sort of babbling nonsense. I muttered something about an Emerald Party, which someone heard, and suddenly the Emerald Party was all the rage. I don't understand these weirdos.

In any case, I read about the Dewford Gym, which I discovered is a Fighting type. According to my Pokédex, Psychic types are strong against Fighting types, but Zigzagoon would have to take a back seat in this battle due to its weakness to Fighting moves. Ralts was ready to go, but I wasn't sure about Dustox. I decided that the Gym would be excellent training for him, however, and started making my way through the blackness.

By the time I got to Brawly, I could tell that Dustox had gained a great amount of experience. I gave it a Potion as a thank you (and to heal its tiredness from battle) and engaged in battle. I swapped Pokémon throughout this battle, but my Ralts - while having a stronger Confusion attack - isn't as strong defensively as Dustox is, so after Ralts fainted I gave Dustox the finishing strike on Makuhita and won the Badge. In one day, within a mere couple of hours, I had won two badges, the Stone Badge and the Knuckle Badge. Since Dewford Town doesn't have a Pokémart, I asked Mr. Brimey to take me back to Petalburg to stock up on Pokéballs; during the trip, I showed my Dad the two badges. He still refuses to battle; he says that his Pokémon are merely two strong for me, but has given me the name of another leader that I should seek out and battle, some chap named Wattson. I asked where Mauville Town is located; he said Surf through on Route 103 and I'll be right there. When I pointed out that I can't Surf, he paused in thought then said to me, "Didn't you get to Dewford Town on a boat?" I guess I'm stalled for right now, but tomorrow will be looking for Steven to deliver this mysterious letter. I just wish I knew where to find him.

JOURNAL ENTRY 6

Dear Journal:

I met that Steven chap today. Quite a nice fellow. Not sure what he was doing in the Granite Cave, but I assume it was something important.

Instead of hanging around Granite Cave, I have been spending time training on Route 116 in order to make all of my Pokémon stronger; I don't know why, but I don't like having a weak Pokémon on my team and want them to be at their best. I did take a Makuhita and a Geodude back with me, and also caught Zubat, Sableye, and Aron. I have heard that Mawile is found deep in the cave, and I have yet to see a Nosepass like that of Roxanne.

As I write this, my Aron is showing Skitty just what it means to be tough; nothing gets through its skin, and I mean nothing. I must get back to training.

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Went to the Elite 4.
Pokemon current levels:
Swampert level 63
Mightyena level 59
Swellow level 60
Gardevior level 55
Manectric level 64
Aggron level 57
Fought Sidney
Sidney sent out Mightyena, sent out Manectric.
Manectric used Thunder, Mightyena fainted.
Sidney sent out Shiftry, sent out Swampert.
Swampert used Ice Beam, Shiftry fainted
Sidney sent out Absol, sent out Manectric
Manectric used Thunder, Absol fainted
Sidney sent out Crawduant
Manectric used Thunder, Crawduant fainted
Sidney sent out Cacturn, sent out Swampert
Swampert used Ice Beam, Cacturn fainted
Fought Phoebe
Phoebe sent out Dusclops, sent out Mightyena
Mightyena fainted
Sent out Manectric
Manectric used Thunder, Dusclops fainted
Phoebe sent out Dusclops
Manectric used Thunder, Dusclops fainted
Phoebe sent out Sableye
Manectric used Thunder, Sableye fainted
Phoebe sent out Banette
Manectric used Thunder, Banette fainted
Phoebe sent out Banette
Manectric used Thunder, Banette fainted
Fought Glacia
Glacia sent out Sealeo
Manectric used Thunder, Sealeo fainted
Glacia sent out Glalie, sent out Aggron
Aggron used Iron tail, Glalie fainted
Glacia sent out Sealeo, sent out Manectric
Manectric used Thunder, Sealeo fainted
Glacia sent out Walrein
Manectric used Thunder, Walrein fainted
Glacia sent out Glalie, sent out Aggron
Aggron used Iron Tail, Glalie fainted
Fought Drake
Drake sent out Shelgon, sent out Swampert
Swampert used Ice Beam, Shelgon fainted
Drake sent out Kingdra, sent out Manectric
Manectric used Thunder, Kingdra fainted
Drake sent out Altaria, sent out Swampert
Swampert used Ice Beam, Altaria fainted
Drake sent out Flygon
Swampert used Ice Beam, Flygon fainted
Drake sent out Salamence
Swampert used Ice Beam, Salamence fainted
Fought Wallace
Wallace sent out Wailord, sent out Manectic
Manectric used Thunder, Waliord fainted
Wallace sent out Gryados
Manectric used Thunder, Gyrados fainted
Wallace sent out Ludicolo, sent out Swellow
Swellow used Fly
Ludicolo fainted, Wallace sent out Wishcash, sent out Aggron
Aggron used Solarbeam
Wishcash fainted, Wallace sent out Tentacruel, sent out Manectric
Manectric used Thunder, Tentacruel fainted
Wallace sent out Milotic
Manectric used Thunder, Milotic fainted
Became champion!
Received the National Pokedex from Prof Birch
Went to the Weather Instutue
Went to Marine Cave
Caught Kyogre
Went to the Weather Instutue
went to route 114
Sunlight is strong
Went to Terra Cave
Caught Groudon
Went to Sky Pillar
Caught Rayquaza

Years
Pokemon FireRed: I made my way down to Vermillion and caught some more Pokemon. I destroyed Rival Nick on the S. S. Anne and then took out Lt. Surge.

Team:
Spr_3f_005.png

CHARMELEON [Flame] Lv28 (M)
Mild Nature @None
-Scratch
-Mega Kick

-Ember
-Metal Claw
Spr_3f_056.png

MANKEY [Punch] Lv27 (F)
Mild Nature @None
-Scratch
-Mega Punch

-Brick Break
-Karate Chop

Spr_3f_028.png

SANDSLASH [Dust-Storm] Lv27 (F)
Docile Nature @None
-Slash
-Dig
-Poison Sting
-Rock Tomb

Pokemon Emerald: After grinding in Granite Cave and catching a Makuhita called Caboose; named after Caboose the Blue from 'Red VS Blue'; I beat Brawly. Then I went and got an Electrike called Sissel; named after Sissel from the game 'Ghost Trick'; and grinded all my Pokemon up while searching for rare pokemon for the Pokedex. Then I defeated Wattson, his Manectric was pretty beastly.

Team:
Spr_3e_253.gif

GROVYLE [Whirlwind] Lv27 (M)
Bashful Nature @Chesto Berry
-Bullet Seed
-Pursuit
-Fury Cutter
-Quick Attack
Spr_3e_262.gif

MIGHTYENA [Rocky] Lv26 (F)
Serious Nature @Cheri Berry
-Tackle
-Roar
-Sand-Attack
-Bite
Spr_3e_281.gif

KIRLIA [Boidoh] Lv26 (M)
Adamant Nature @Pecha Berry
-Calm Mind
-Confusion

-Shock Wave
-Psychic
Spr_3e_297.gif

HARIYAMA [Caboose] Lv26 (M)
Bashful Nature @Quick Claw
-Rock Tomb
-Fake Out
-Vital Throw
-Arm Thrust

Spr_3e_309.gif

ELECTRIKE [Sissel] Lv25 (M)
Timid Nature @Silk Scarf
-Spark
-Thunder Wave

-Quick Attack
-Howl

Team Summary (Better One in Signature)
Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
JOURNAL ENTRY 7

Dear Journal:

What a busy day once again. I went through Slateport after delivering the Devon Goods, and ended up running into May. She's a more decent trainer than I thought; even though I was carrying six Pokémon with me, her Marshtomp single-handedly wiped out five of them without batting an eyelash with a single move, Mud Shot. For some reason, she didn't go for the kill when I was forced to pull out my Combusken, and I managed enough hits to drop it. I then OHKOed her final Pokémon and arrived in Mauville City.

At Mauville, I saw Wally. He was trying to convince his uncle to let him challenge the Gym in town (I have NO idea how he got through the Rock Tunnel with just his Ralts). Both insisted I battle him, and since they were blocking the path into the Gym (I want my Badge, come on now), I was forced to squash him in two hits. Both thanked me (!) and off they went. I decided to call it a day, noticing it was late. I did head up to Route 111 to explore and did get challenged, but I won the match handily. I checked out the Daycare on Route 117 but didn't do much else. I headed to the Pokémon Center and spent the night.

I will write further when I defeat this chap named Wattson. I hear he uses the Electric type, so I will be using something to ground those attacks.

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon LeafGreen: So, I made my way through Rock Tunnel easily then gambled a ton to buy myself a Dratini that I named Draco. Then I obtained an Eevee I named Vee, that I evolved into Jolteon. Then I beat Team Rocket inn their hideout and at Pokemon Tower and snuck my way through Silph Co. to see if I could get the Lapras early, but my Rival was there and he's probably a good 10 levels higher than me. So I think I'll wait until I'm 5 Levels lower and then beat him with type advantages. Also, I beat Erika.

Spoiler:

EDIT: So, after beating Wattson, I did some riding around and caught a bunch of Pokemon, then went to Fallarbor town and caught a Swablu, that I named JackSparow. Due to letter limitations, I couldn't fit it as 'Jack Sparrow' since that's the name of the main character from Pirates of the Caribbean, which I was watching at the time. So, after some quick grinding, He was up to speed and I beat team Magma. Then I went and challenged the gym and beat Flannery's first 3 pokemon fairly easily. Whirlwind lost on Camerupt before fighting Torkoal, Rocky failed to dent Torkoal and lost but two of Boidoh's Psychic's did the trick. And I was hoping to give JackSparow Overheat, but it doesn't learn, neither does any of my pokemon.

Team:
Spr_3e_253.gif

GROVYLE [Whirlwind] Lv31 (M)
Bashful Nature @Soft Sand
-Leaf Blade
-Pursuit
-Dig
-Quick Attack
Spr_3e_262.gif

MIGHTYENA [Rocky] Lv31 (F)
Serious Nature @Silk Scarf
-Tackle
-Strength
-Swagger
-Bite
Spr_3e_282.gif

GARDEVOIR [Boidoh] Lv31 (M)
-Calm Mind
-Confusion

-Shock Wave
-Psychic
Spr_3e_297.gif

HARIYAMA [Caboose] Lv31 (M)
Bashful Nature @Macho Brace
-Rock Tomb
-Fake Out
-Vital Throw
-Arm Thrust

Spr_3e_310.gif

MANECTRIC [Sissel] Lv31 (M)
Timid Nature @Pecha Berry
-Spark
-Thunder Wave

-Quick Attack
-Howl

Spr_3e_333.gif

SWABLU [JackSparow] Lv31 (M)
Careful Nature @Pecha Berry
-Peck
-Take Down
-Steel Wing
-Sing

Pokemon LeafGreen: So, like I said beforehand, I did some training while catching some rare Fishing Pokemon, now that I got myself the Good and Super Rods. Then I went into Silph Co., avoiding every trainer and then fighting my Rival Nick. He wasn't too hard with type advantages, even if I was a few levels under. Then I got Lapras and gave it my Rare Candies and taught it Psychic. With Psychic, I OHKO'd all the Poison Trainers on Cycling Road. After tons of training, Safari Zone catching sprees and teaching new TM's, I beat Koga.

Team:
Spr_3f_006.png

CHARIZARD [Flame] Lv38 (M)
Mild Nature @None
-Steel Wing
-Mega Kick
-Flamethrower
-Fly
Spr_3f_057.png

PRIMEAPE [Punch] Lv38 (F)
Mild Nature @None
-Strength
-Mega Punch

-Brick Break
-Cross Chop

Spr_3f_028.png

SANDSLASH [Dust-Storm] Lv38 (F)
Docile Nature @None
-Slash
-Dig
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide
Spr_3f_135.png

JOLTEON [Vee] Lv38 (M)
Naive Nature @None
-Shock Wave
-Pin Missile
-Double Kick
-Quick Attack
Spr_3f_148.png

DRAGONAIR [Draco] Lv38 (M)
Naughty Nature @None
-Surf
-Thunder Wave
-Secret Power
-Dragon Rage
Spr_3f_131.png

LAPRAS [Laptop] Lv38 (F)
Docile Nature @Quick Claw
-Psychic
-Body Slam
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
On August 22nd I caught a Shiny Whismur. Well today I was re-battling the E4 and going through Victory Road where I caught a Shiny Aron. 5 MINUTES later i caught a Shiny Hariyama! What are the odds of 3 wild Shiny Pokemon in one game? NEVER going to re set this game again!

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2016
When I was like 5, I was playing leafgreen and I finally beat the elite four. I didn't even realise there was a champion. I didn't even save before each person of the elite four. Most of my Pokemon had fainted or were low on health. I walked into the next room thinking I had won and then I saw my rival, unprepared I lost the battle. I did beat him eventually though. :)

Years
Ye old emerald update

Finnaly beat tate and liza because of a lucky critical hit.
Got Dive
Did all the boring Team Aqua stuff saving the world, nothing new
Beat Juan after I loaded the game instead of saving I cried.
Went on a diving expiditon for a green shard. Its about time for gloom to evolve.
Got mah green shard
Time to embark on a 2 hour search for the shard man's house
Traded the green shard for the leaf stone I now have a Vileplume
Currently in training for the E4!

Swellow
Blaziken
Vileplume
Azumarill
Gardevoir
Manectric

My soon-to-be Champions!

Years
So, I traveled all the way back to Petalburg to visit my dad, but it was only for a short time because I ended up beating him in a battle. Although, he took out 3 of my Pokemon, 1 was already faint from other battles and one of the last two were my trump cards, Boidoh ended up winning before Caboose was needed.

Team:
Spr_3e_253.gif

GROVYLE [Whirlwind] Lv32 (M)
Bashful Nature @Soft Sand
-Leaf Blade
-Pursuit
-Dig
-Quick Attack
Spr_3e_262.gif

MIGHTYENA [Rocky] Lv31 (F)
Serious Nature @Silk Scarf
-Tackle
-Strength
-Swagger
-Bite
Spr_3e_282.gif

GARDEVOIR [Boidoh] Lv31 (M)
-Calm Mind
-Confusion

-Shock Wave
-Psychic
Spr_3e_297.gif

HARIYAMA [Caboose] Lv31 (M)
Bashful Nature @Macho Brace
-Rock Tomb
-Fake Out
-Vital Throw
-Surf
Spr_3e_310.gif

MANECTRIC [Sissel] Lv31 (M)
Timid Nature @Pecha Berry
-Spark
-Thunder Wave

-Quick Attack
-Howl

Spr_3e_333.gif

SWABLU [JackSparow] Lv31 (M)
Careful Nature @Pecha Berry
-Peck
-Take Down
-Steel Wing
-Sing

Pokemon LeafGreen: So, I flew to Saffron City and took out all the goons in Silph Co. as well as defeating Giovanni easily with some super effective attacks. Then I beat the Fighting Dojo and then took out Sabrina. Alakazam only took 2 Pin Missile attacks and the rest were fairly easy.

Team:
Spr_3f_006.png

CHARIZARD [Flame] Lv41 (M)
Mild Nature @None
-Steel Wing
-Mega Kick
-Flamethrower
-Fly
Spr_3f_057.png

PRIMEAPE [Punch] Lv41 (F)
Mild Nature @None
-Strength
-Mega Punch

-Brick Break
-Cross Chop

Spr_3f_028.png

SANDSLASH [Dust-Storm] Lv41 (F)
Docile Nature @None
-Slash
-Dig
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide
Spr_3f_135.png

JOLTEON [Vee] Lv41 (M) 
Naive Nature @None
-Shock Wave
-Pin Missile
-Double Kick
-Quick Attack
Spr_3f_148.png

DRAGONAIR [Draco] Lv40 (M)
Naughty Nature @None
-Surf
-Thunder Wave
-Secret Power
-Dragon Rage
Spr_3f_131.png

LAPRAS [Laptop] Lv40 (F)
Docile Nature @Quick Claw
-Psychic
-Body Slam
-Surf
-Ice Beam

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
Just a few days ago, I came upon not one, not 2, not even 3, more than 3 trainers while exploring the vast seas of hoenn atop my Blastoise. I thought I had battled every trainer, but no! The sea is the gateway to countless battles with trainers and pokemon! I also revisited some underwater locations and explored to try and find more places that I still haven't been to. And to my surprise, I still find locations that I haven't seen before.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
playing Fire Red and making it through the elite four WITHOUT using a single potion or revive or...anything really.

By the time I reached the champ, Only my Pikachu remained alive (barely lol) and it took one hit and I was KO'ed lol, still, I made it pretty far...not bad if I do say so myself

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
when i was like 8 i found a shiny whismur in emerald, but i didn't know about shinies then so i switched off, thinking there was something wrong with my game. still my only shiny to date >_<

Years
Just started a new game LeafGreen on my PSP.
Picked as starter Bulbasaur.
Futher nothing done... :D

EDIT: Now I gonna train some pokemon before challenging Brock... ;)

blue

gucci
Years
I decided I wanted to restart on Emerald since it had gone untouched for months so that's what I did!

Started a new game, chose Torchic, battled May etc and saved just before reaching Petalburg City.

Team

Mitch the Torchic Lv. 9
255.png

- Scrath
- Growl
- Focus Energy

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
I've never gone a single run of Ruby without catching a Ralts to be on my team.

Sentimental reasons, but yes, Gardevoir is still one heck of a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back