• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Magma or Aqua/Kyogre or Groudon?

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I like Team Aqua better than Team Magma, but interestingly, my favorite legendary from R/S is Groudon.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Aqua all the way! Sapphire was my first game, and I just like water types better in general. :P
Wasn't a real fan of any of the leaders except Archie. They all felt too piratey, with Archie on the border line too. Still better than Plasma and some of the other teams though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Personally I like Aqua better cause erm... idk how to explain but yeah, I just like Aqua more. Maybe it's because they hunt Kyogre, maybe......

woo 950 posts!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I chose Sapphire over Ruby because of Team Aqua and Kyogre. I like how they have a water theme and I'm always a sucker for those.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
I want team Aqua because I like underwater and i hate magma,thus I love Groudon because he's huge.

Years
Aqua, they seem to make sense... Pirates who want the whole world to become sea so they can fare well all around it
Magma some random bandits that random want to make the whole world into land because the pirates want to have it to be sea...

Kyogre seems for me to work better, a Water Pokemon with Drizzle that can learn Thunder?
Kyogre king of the sea?

Groundon doesn't seem to be that special other then his size...

Evey

Female Red
Years
Ruby was my first Pokemon game so it has to be my favourite one. Besides, I am more of a fire and burning person. Team Magma's plan made just a little more sense than Team Agua's. Honestly humans were made to live and love land. Its what they were born on and how they were raised. You can't stay on a boat the rest of your life. If the world was covered in just oceans no cats, dogs, wolves, bear, insects, honey badgers, lions, tigers, pandas, cheetahs, elephants, mice, hamsters, bunnies, plants, ect. would be able to live. There would be no fruit, barely any vegtables, bread or wheat/corn substance of any kind. Also the soil wouldn't exist so it couldn't cleanse the water and rid it of toxins and impurities. Also more land would solve overpopulation. More land means more room for people and animals to live in. Oh, and also you would get really seasick in a world filled with water. Sorry for going overboard (haha) with this post, just seriously what was Team Aqua thinking?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
i choose aqua, they make more sense, i didn't quite understand the goal of team magma...

BUT i choose groudon because...c'mon, he looks cooler.

Years
I prefer Team Aqua because of their mission, but I think Maxie is a better leader than Archie. I honestly don't remember the Admins, but I think Team Magma's uniform is cooler so I guess I'll go with the Magma one.

Years
I always preferred team Magma and Groudon. I just liked Groudon and how he looked. Kyogre is a very cool Pokemon and I do like it, but FIRE WINS! XD​

Years
I always loved team magma, I love their emblem too. I just think their idea made more sense, yes expand the land so there is more room for humans, plus there is more water than land so expanding the sea would be stupid. And groudon is much stronger and cooler looking than kyogre so yea team magma/groudon ftw!

ProfessorBeeching

Professor Of Fail
Years
I think Team Magma is better based on their goal of expanding the land, while Team Aqua is better because they had Kyogre. I just can't take Aqua seriously on their own. Imagine if they won!

"WE DID IT! WE FINALLY EXPANDED THE SEA!"
"Yeaah...you expanded the sea and now there's almost no land where we can live on."
"But now we can live underwater! In cool bases! Or on boats!"
"And just WHERE are we going to BUILD those bases and boats?"
"...Oh, Nuzlocke!"

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
When it comes to the legendary, i prefer Kyogre over Groudon. Love Kyogre's design, plus his Drizzle + Thunder combo make him a very dangerous opponent. When it comes to design, i think Magma has way cooler outfits than Aqua, i didn't really like their sailor themed uniforms.
So if i had to chose a Team, i'd got to Magma...i would probably end up being a simple grunt, thus i wouldn't get to have the legendary, so at least I'd have the cooler clothes ^^

Bomberboy04

Mighty Metagross
Years
Team Magma just because Ruby was my first game and Groudon was my first Legendary. But I do prefer water over fire and Team Aquas uniform.

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Magma, just as long as I don't have to use fire/fighting pokemon,
Yes, good, let's do this. I reckon I'd be an admin just because I grind too much in Hoenn

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I honestly like the Team Aqua. Why?

★I love Water types.
★I love the colour Blue.
★I love Kyogre, the very first legy I've caught ever.

Also, I like the way Archie's suit is like, and they make themselves sound like Pirates, another term I happen to like.

Back