• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What was (or is) your favorite pokemon to train in FRLG

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
In FR I'd have to say Geodude. Finally getting that to Golem felt so epic.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
For me it has to be Electabuzz. I find it to be a real stellar Pokémon, defeating anything that gets in it's path. Mine had a moveset of Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Psychic and Brick Break if I'm not mistaken and it absolutely destroyed the E4 on it's own. It seemed quite easy to level up as well!

Doccit

Pokemon Conquest Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2022
Honestly Tauros. I know that its power had been diminished since the old games thanks to mechanical changes, but I just felt awesome whenever I pulled it out.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
There's really a lot of Pokemon I liked training because the VS Seeker was amazing and it really helped train all my Pokemon. If I had to narrow it down to one I'd say Charizard was my favorite when it came to reaching level 100.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2013
A tie between Spearow and Dugtrio. .Spearow started as an HM Slave turned into my lead flying type. My Dugtrio only because of the 0_o moment I had when he learned Aerial Ace.

Years
I always like to catch a Mankey and train it from the start, I use him to beat Brock and from there on keep him in the party. I always teach him both Mega Kick & Punch from the move tutors, even though this isn't really the best idea I love using both of those moves. From there on, Primeape will kill anything Charizard can't. It probably helps that Primeape is one of my favourite pokémon.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Abra. It is hard to raise it, so I just put TMs on it and it turned really fun. I played with it all the way 'til it evolved into a powerful Pokémon, Kadabra. Lol it was my best Pokémon. It grows fast and it has overpowered Speed & SP. Atk. The only dissapointing thing is that it needs to trade to evolve into an Alakazam but still, it is a freakingawesome Pokémon even without evolving into an Alakazam : >

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
Obviously abra... I trained mine to level 100 with only teleport.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Gengar! I love that Pokemon. Simply my favorite gen 1 Pokemon right now! ^^

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Favorite Pokémon? Hm. Mine would probably have to be Gastly. Once I get the Sliph Scope, it's Gastly hunting time! I would give Gastly the most attention after that point. I would wait until it evolves into Haunter, train it to around level 50, and then trade it so that it would become a Gengar. Then, it's all-out pwning and awesomeness.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
I am completely honest when I say this: Clefairy. Don't get me wrong, but that thing was a monster. I forgot about my Charmeleon altogether, and plowed through Fire Red with a Clefable. Not even the Elite Four could stand up to its Megapunch, Megakick, Water Pulse, and Dig (it was truly a monster if it survived on that moveset).

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
Years
I would have to say Lapras and Snorlax because they are both absolute tanks when they get to high levels. If we were talking about Pokemon from the beginning, I would go with Pidgey because Pidgeot always came in handy when I battled my rival because I usually picked Squirtle.

Years
While it wasn't fun to level up growlithe to level 49, it did pay off at the end.
And also lapras, my favourite water pokemon in 3rd gen.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
Swampert .
being a water/ground type Pokemon makes it immune to electric moves. It also has quite high has HP which is . Swampert also has a good movepool allowing it to threaten a wide variety of foes

Back