• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever stop watching the anime?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yes. Yes, I stopped. I think it either was because I grew up and didn't find it fun anymore, or because I found other anime that I thought was better and couldn't watch pokémon in the same way any longer.

It was in the Hoenn saga somewhere. I think I also didn't like the Hoenn pokémon as much as I did the Kanto and Johto ones, and was a bit disappointed in Ash's team so that might have played a part in me dropping it.

Years
I did. I stopped after watching a couple of episodes of the the Advanced series, although I'd stopped watching it regularly sometime during the Johto saga. I don't even remember watching Ash's battles with Gary and Harrison the first time. I did watch Misty's Goodbye.

They started airing re-runs a couple of years later and I started watching again, but it wasn't in the best of timeslots and I was busy those days, so I didn't get to watch a lot.

Now I just download and watch on my computer. :p

KannibalKween

Queen of the Dark
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
I stopped watching after adv Gen and now I do watch the newer episodes if they are on but that about it, for me the characters got too childish and never really learned from the past.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I have stopped watching Pokemon on TV as a kid after the Orange League.
Then I realised there were more Pokemon episodes after seeing the Johto series online. I have never stopped watching ever since.

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2019
I watched pokemon from season 1 all the way through dp and have lost interest in bw bcuz ash seems to become younger than before and the plot is just too much like a spinoff of the old seasons i might start watching again with xy

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I stopped watching more or less after the orange islands episodes. I've seen a few of Johto here and there but nothing beyond that. Season 1 was still the best.

jcl

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
I've stopped watching from about season 3, but I recently began watching the Black and White episodes only to see N. I skipped everything in between.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
I began to lose interest around the start of the Battle Frontier Arc (let's say), and stopped entirely when Sinnoh entered the equation. Gen 4 never appealed to me.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I stopped watching it like at half of Diamond and Pearl. It's not that I lost interest, but the mexican Cartoon Network stopped airing it Monday-Friday and changed it to Saturdays...Oh, and they started using annoying words in the dub that nobody even uses anymore. So after that I stopped being interested.

I'm considering watching the X and Y anime in english when it's released, though.

tnfsf11

I stopped watching the Anime somewhere during the Johto arc & that's because I live in the Middle East & as y'all may know a high religious authority in KSA accused Pokémon of being satanic & other crap & as a result of following him the only TV channel that aired Pokémon in the ME stopped :( full thread

Anyway I didn't watch any episodes online since then even though I had the chance because I don't enjoy watching TV material on a PC, due to many reasons..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I have stopped and started so many times I've lost count :(...

I stopped watching on television at the end of Hoenn (I think?) But I picked up some of the later episodes, some of Unova... then dropped it again.

#success

Honest

Hi!
Years
I stopped watching a long long long time ago. I guess part of it was because it went to cable when I didn't have cable. When I finally did get access to the show, I was so far behind, I didn't think it'd be worth it.

Also, it shows at 8:30 in the morning. No way I can wake up that early. :c

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yeah, me too stopped in Hoenn, but rather in the first of its seasons. I think I might have just grown up, and disliked May compared to Misty, haha. Plus, I thought the adventures they made up in Hoenn weren't as interesting as the ones from Kanto and Johto. At the time, at least.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Yeah, me too stopped in Hoenn, but rather in the first of its seasons. I think I might have just grown up, and disliked May compared to Misty, haha. Plus, I thought the adventures they made up in Hoenn weren't as interesting as the ones from Kanto and Johto. At the time, at least.

Most of Johto had tons of horrible filler, how did you make it through that? Also most people found Misty really dull during that arc, while May was actually the reason people started to like the anime again. Hoenn was a much better arc than Johto as anyone who watched through it can attest.

Years
I stopped watching after about Johto. They switched from cartoon network to 4kids when Ash went to Hoenn and I just did not like 4kids even as an 8 year old.

Since then, I tried to get back into but... I watched the first episode of Diamond & Pearl one and I didn't particularly like it. I'm still like watching the movies that come out, though.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That doesn't mean **** to people's original perceptions, though. Like I mean now I absolutely adore May and the Hoenn arc, they're my absolute favourites in their categories, but back then? Boy was I pissed to see Misty- "Ash's 1 tru luv"- leave the show. Seriously. People grow attached to characters and are resistant to change. People who had stuck with Misty throughout Johto especially didn't like to see her go. And some still can't get it through their heads that it was a change for the better. Back then, I liked the one-off CotD-based adventures. Now? Riveting battles, character development, and arcs please! Strong female characters, too- Misty was a sidekick, May was a main character in her own right. As was Dawn.

I loved Misty back then. Really, I grew up with her. I identified with her. She was really the only girl in Pokémon for a long time, and a tomboy at that. But now I look back on her and I see her character falls so very flat in the face of May and Dawn. Johto is padded to hell and back with filler. It's not godawful, no, but it certainly got better. OS is not the peak of the anime's storytelling and creativity.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
I am still watching the anime...I just watch new episode 1 time the call it good....just wish Iris would go away lol..come back May or Misty plz

I still enjoy the movies mostly for the ending song and theme song full versions :P

Back