• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza?

Groudon, Kyogre, or Rayquaza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Although Rayquaza looks the best imo, ive always liked Kyogre the most. I love the ocean and swimming, diving and exploring its depths, and Kyogre embodies all that. I think he looks really cool, and back in the day i loved to give him Thunder, which thanks to Drizzle would never miss :D

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I love the Ground-type for Pokemon, so my obvious vote is Groudon! Back when Ruby/Sapphire first came out, I didn't understand why Groudon needed to get Drought, but as a more-experienced player I can see why it has that ability. Reducing the power of Water attacks leaves it vulnerable to Ice and Grass, which isn't too bad. Instant Solar Beam is always nice to have as well :)

Kyogre is cool as well, but a little vanilla for my tastes. Groudon's ability helps it out, but Drizzle on Kyogre (even though it boosts its water attacks) lets opponents get perfect accuracy Thunder attacks on it.... kind of a bad idea.

Rayquaza? I have never been a fan of Dragon-type Pokemon. It does look rather awesome though. I used Flygon in Ruby, but that was because it starts off as a Ground-type Trapinch :)

Years
I loooove Groudon. I don't know why, but I guess this Pokemon just look insane. And it's skills are sooo nice. I mean what would you thin if you can control the land on which you live?!
Also his colors are the best. Not to much colors, and really good colors. Red and black what do you want more on a ground Pokemon which controls the land and lives in the lava ?!
When the ruby and sapphire version came out I just wanted to get this shining red piece of paper to look at it. I just wanted to have that Pokemon what is on the cover of this game..:D
I think this Pokemon I still one of those I like the most. But out of this three... No way to choose some other Pokemon as Groudon !!:)

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
Years
I loved Groudon, I wanted him so bad that I tried my best to get him as often as I could in every game. I dunno, I just really enjoyed his design. I like rayquaza but only because he was great in every other reason.

Kotetsu

バンパイア
Years
Rayquaza for sure. His design is amazing, he's good in battle and shiny Rayquaza is so cool.
I like Kyogre as well though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 15, 2014
Rayquaza ofc XDHes like the most awesome of the all (Hes a dragon like gg)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I have to go with Rayquaza. I much prefer the dragon-typing that it has in comparison to the other two. A dragon legendary is just too awesome.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I don't like dragon types, or legendaries, but I like Rayquaza the most out of those three. It was also really cool seeing the little mini movie in Emerald once you go to Sky Pillar.

Years
I like Kyogre - Why? I don't really know why.. I like Sapphire out of the three games the most, Kyogre's typing is cool, his moveset is also awesome and he is blue :3 And I also like it's design a lot ^^

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 5, 2017
Rayquaza is awesome and has extreme speed. One of the most awesome moves in the game
This. Also, it always reminds me the first time I went through the sky pillar to catch it: Man, it was such a pain to get to the top floor without falling through the craked tiles!! fun!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Rayquaza! Wut. Very overrated, but seriously it deserves it. Especially it's shiny colors. It was the only member outta the trio that had a HM in it's movepool (not really sure), and it had Outrage. This move... it could knock you out in the first few turns, and possibly the whole team in around 7-8 turns, maybe 6 OKHOs if you're underlevelled. Also, Sky Pillar is amazing ftw! As a kid I spent what... like an hour or two trying to get to the top? I hate but also love how you have to ride the Bike in a certain way, otherwise you fall to the bottom floor. You feel amazing when you reach the top, then you have to fight Rayquaza. I applaud it though, for actually being difficult to reach! Only a few legendaries are like this, luckily they didn't make it even harder haha. I don't know why but I always thought you could only catch it in a Master Ball, so I didn't even try an Ultra Ball :')

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I've always had an affinity for water type Pokemon, since I was a child I loved water animals irl, so Kyogre has been my favorite, even though Rayquaza is certainly awesome in its own right. Groudon never struck me very well though, it always looked overly bulky and just didn't seem like a great design.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
I always liked Kyogre more because I had sapphire and it would fly through the elite 4

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Mega Groudon is Fire/Ground, so water would pretty much pulverize it. But it's still a favorite.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I love Rayquaza's design a lot. I might be a bit bias because Emerald was my favorite game and I never played Ruby (and never got to experience Groudon much ingame) and I love dragons, but whatever. He is hella cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back