• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest Kanto Gym Leader ?

Hardest Kanto Gym Leader

• Total voters

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Even though I chose Sabrina I have to go with what a number of people are saying and say that most of them are actually pretty easy. Sabrina in my opinion is just generally the toughest in a playthrough.

Brock, unless you chose Charmander, he's a wimp. If you did, train up a mankey
Misty, Surprised people actually have problems with her, once again unless you picked Charmander in which case Oddish, or Pikachu can fulfill the same role as Bulbasaur, Wartortle can bite Starmie with taking little damage from it's attacks, and the basic strategy and easiest is just to stun it then overwhelm it's recover all which Pikachu, Ivysaur, or Oddish can do.
LT surge, oh look how cute, a Diglett, wait, how the f*** did it take down my Raichu!? LT surge, I'm disapointed
4th (forget her name) NPCs don't have any clue how to utilize grass types, it's too easy any way you look at it
Koga, What broken team in FR/LG isn't complete without a psychic type Pokemon!? =D
Sabrina, ummmm, uhhhhh, the only easy way is to outrun her Pokemon with a high physical attack Pokemon (which doesn't help if you're underleveled for it) Or if you have Blastoise, it's still quite powerful with a bite, or Lapras can survive one attack from Alakazam, just perish song
Blain, one word, Lapras
Giovani, one word, Lapras

Sorry for spelling, I don't feel like proof reading xP

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
i usually pick the fire starter so in fr/lg i had charmander and they gave it metal claw so i went through brock with no problems at all and my pikachu and pidgeotto pwned misty and my charizard had steel wing for giovanni so none were really hard for me lol.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Koga, definitely. His strategy could be aptly described by one move: Minimize. It's extremely annoying when I can't damage his Pokémon, especially when he uses Toxic while doing his Minimize thing. You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to battle him in order to win. I didn't really have any Psychic or Ground types at that time, either...

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Misty's Starmie definitely causes a lot of problems for anyone. I always try to pick up a Pikachu in Viridian Forest with intent on using it, at least for the time being. None of the gym leaders are really that much of a challenge for me given how I know what to do against them... :-X

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2012
Sabrina. It took me a crap-ton of tries until I eventually got lucky with a Dragon Rage from my level 20 Dratini.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Koga, since 75% of his team is only weak to Psychic and I typically don't have a Psychic on my team when I face him. All of his Pokemon are rather bulky and take a few hits to take down, which of course gives him plenty of time to Toxic your team.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Sabrina, because I didnt have anything that gave me the upper hand against her psychic types :/

Don Bastio

Banned
Years
Koga, definitely. His strategy could be aptly described by one move: Minimize. It's extremely annoying when I can't damage his Pokémon, especially when he uses Toxic while doing his Minimize thing. You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to battle him in order to win. I didn't really have any Psychic or Ground types at that time, either...

same here for same reason. pretty much the reason why my raichu still has shock wave and my pidgeotto has aerial ace. accuracy downers and evasiveness uppers are like my sworn enemy. surge should be easy for anyone although his raichu has double team, just get a diglett or dugtrio from diglett cave. also just noticed that no one thinks Blaine is hard to beat lol. probably because of how easy it is to get a water type on cinnabar.

Last edited:

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Misty. Starmie was generally pretty brutal unless I picked Bulbasaur.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
oh in the orginal pkmn Blue, the alakazam and kadabra of Sabrina were a true nightmare, because back then the opponent had unlimited pp. so it always kept healing itsself....

Years
Based on what I saw posted, Misty is the hardest cos her Starmie is fast and strong unless if you picked Bulbasaur.

It even has Water Pulse, which can confuse you, and confusion can leave you screwed.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Sabrina.

Cuz her pokes are very annoying.
I lost like 7 times just to beat her,
And my dragonair didn't really stand a chance.
But Charizard did finish her.
I had 8 retries.

Back