• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years

Zayne Alta

Zayne thanked Steven as he, Aura and Tetra walked through the door to the desk in the rear of what could be described as the academy's foyer.
"Excuse me" he asked the older woman who was manning the desk, steadily typing something out
"Oh, can I help you young man? What dorm are you in?" she replied in a sweet, grandmother voice, causing Zayne to actualy consider head-desking on the marbel exterior of the front desk
"Actually, I'm a teacher" he said, Do I really look THAT young? he wondered to himself
"My name is Zayne Alta, I arrived today and I'm supposed to stay in the Entei dorm"
"Oh" the woman who reminded Zayne of his own grandmother chuckled "I'm so sorry I didn't know you are so young! Here is your room key and I'll be sure to fill in that you have arrived". Zayne thanked the receptionist, walking back to Steven who stood in the middle of the room with Tetra and Aura, who were still chatting amongst themselves, Zayne had no idea how she had gotten Aura to be so vocal.
"Well now that is taken care of, shall we head to the training fields before I go to my room?" he asked his new found friend, holding open the door as he had done for Zayne.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
I slowly walk back to the Raikou dorm just looking around thinking to myself "So what am I gonna do tomorrow? I should go to town and buy some thicker clothing but Knowing me I'll find a way to get myself lost. To think an Island with a volcano on it would be so cold..." I whine to myself, Ignoring the fact that it's November.

"Maybe I should teach Cally Sunny day... Its only for a bit but it would sure make it warmer. But that would be taking advantage of Cally..." I debate with myself "Ugh, Why did my parents give me this TM? What use is making the Weather a little sunny?" I ask myself.

I look up from my Ranting to see I walked clear past the Raikou dorm and was approaching the Suicune dorm "Ack, I passed it!" I say to myself And start running back to the Raikou dorm, Half way there I stop and look back. "You know, I could go take a look. I'm a new student so I doubt I could get in too much trouble... Nah, Maybe Some other day, I still need to unpack and call my parents. I don't have time to go snooping around." I head back to the Raikou Dorm Taking glimpses of the Blue roofed building.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sammy chuckled and shook her head. It was nice to see he had a bit of energy to him, it hopefully meant he wasn't going to nod off anytime too soon. Long enough for the nurse to arrive and check him over at least. Still, she hadn't quite expected him to jump on her suggestion of training so enthusiastically - not that there was anything wrong with that.

"I'm happy to train with you Shawn, but I'm not in any big rush to catch pokemon. I'll meet the right ones at the right times and if I'm meant to catch them, then I will. I'll be happy with whatever I end up, Dragonite or Dunsparce, Metagross or Magikarp. So long as they're happy being my pokemon, I'll do my best to train them as far as I can take them. I guess it's why I'm kind of cool about catching Shuppet by accident. I was clearly meant to."

She said it all with a soft smile and small shrug at the end. She seemed to mean everything she said, but such a laid back attitude didn't seem to gel with the concept of a competitive pokemon trainer.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - behind the dorms

Issac picked up his pace, Trunks tailing him. All the sudden he stopped in his spot and looked down at his small companion.
"It just hit me.. I don't know where I am going." Issac started, "I should probably let C.J. take lead."
"Twig!" Trunks replied with a smirk.

Issac turned around to only see C.J. The rest of the group had quickly dispersed, moving on to new events.
It's a shame Mark didn't want to come. Oh well.. should still be fun.

"Hurry up slowpoke! I have no idea where we are going!" Issac called out to C.J.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Drake

Drake sat and listened to Kiyoko's story while he waited for Valorie to continue speaking. R men... R men... Wait, Rockets? Those were the only R men he could think of. Those bozo's had tried to cause trouble back home too, but they had been dealt with. Had they returned? Was it even possible?! Bother, and if they were here... This was not good. But he might be over reacting though. Anyways... Kiyoko could use Aura.At least it certainly sounded that way. Drake focused and closed his eyes, trying to remember exactly what she had told him so many years ago.

Any idiot can use Aura, they just need to know how.

Yes... Yes he had it, his Aura Senses began to light the room up to him, nearly blinding him with the dazzling aray of blue lights that was everybody's essence. He tried hard to focus on the ones right in front of him, namely Kiyoko, but was having difficulty. He was very out of practice. What would he see by looking at the little Zorua's Aura?

Brian

Brian yawned as he sat in front of his dorm, sitting against Nova's back, looking at the stars. He still could not believe he had gotten lost out in the wild earlier, but it was ok. He had been reunited with Nova, and gotten to know all of his pokemon better. And that was incredible. Maybe he should think about going to bed soon... Funny, before he would never have considered sleeping outside, but tonight, the sky was clear, and while it was cool he had a large fire type blanket to lay against. Funny... Maybe he was cut out to go on a journey after all... He had learned a great dal about pokemon already, as well as battles, and was stronger both physically and mentally. In fact, he had even lost some weight in the few months he had been here. Heck, before he couldn't keep up with his friends, now could he get to Oak Town by himself. Sure he would never amount to anything as far as battles went, but he loved helping pokemon and humans get better, and bringing them closer together. Yes, he belonged here, and he was going to stay. He had so much to do, like help Mark figure out why the wild pokemon were acting crazy, and study more about medicine. And he still had his still sleeping companion Vulpix. The little fox needed a good home. He needed a trainer. But who could Brian ask? He lay his head back and yawned softly, closing his eyes. That was tomorrow's problem.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

"Sure, whatever." Jimmy replied, not really minding what little was there to do in what little was left of the day. There wasn't much stuff eh could think of, it looked a little bit too late to train, and he turned his head to the girl whose hand he was holding. "For now let's get back to the Academy, then we'll see what to do, or not." he added in a somewhat deadpan tone, not showing much interest in the activities. He was feeling slightly hungry. Perhaps a dinner and then hitting the hay?

Alice Crenshaw
Forest

The inevitable had happened. Jello was unable to keep on battling, and the last resort Hidden Power didn't work out as well as Alice had expected. But, then again, she should have seen it coming, as the cyborg-like bird looked pretty strong. She bit her lip, her mind giving her flashbacks of her first loss, but before tears could form in her eyes, Whitney handed her over what she recognised as a Revive, and said that she had done good.

"R-Really?" shhe asked, "I-I d-didn't know I could be g-good at this. I mean, I-I lost!"

She gave her fainted purple ball the Revive and in a second he opened his tiny eyes and became airborne again, floating at the same height as Alice's shoulder. And it he had a mouth, it would show a grin, as he knew that despite having lost, he had given his full power into the battle.

"G-Good game..." Jello said to Pidge, sounding exhausted.

Years
C.J. Styles
Dorms --> Mountains

"Hurry up slowpoke! I have no idea where we are going!" Issac called out to C.J.

C.J. smirked, he ran to catch up to Issac then laughed and pointed to the Mountains in the distance, "Kinda hard to miss don't ya think." He said poking fun. The Base of the mountains weren't that far of a walk, 15 to 20 minutes maybe. But climbing up them would be the time consuming part.

As they continued on their way C.J. thought he'd spark up a conversation. "So how far up do you want to go? There's going to be a lot of Pokemon along the way, probably ground and rock type mostly until we near the volcano, if you want to go that far that is." he said.

Ax watched perched on C.J.'s shoulder. She couldn't see much through the darkness but she still enjoyed the view. "It sucks not being able to see to far." she said. Ace laughed at the comment, "To far? Try not being able to see at all-- Ever." He said in response.

As they got closer to their destination C.J. could start to see the pathway that leads up into the mountains. "There we go," He said, "we can just follow the path until we get farther up, I doubt theirs much of interest down this low."

Last edited:

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Mountains

"I see the mountains! Just don't know where the path starts!" Issac responded slyly, " I wouldn't mind hitting the volcano, but it depends how late it gets I guess."

Could really use a fire pokemon.. and that would be the place to go. Heck I may be able to get 2 new party members with the diversity between the mountains and the volcano.

As they closed in on the path to the mountain Issac could hear the nighttime activity of wild pokemon all around. This caused Trunks to become a little more hostile.

"There we go," C.J. said, "we can just follow the path until we get farther up, I doubt theirs much of interest down this low."
"Well let's get moving then!" Issac responded with excitement of meeting new pokemon as he picked up his pace.

"Twii-" Trunks sighed as sped up to keep up.

Years
C.J. Styles
Mountains

"To the volcano it is then!" C.J. exclaimed. This was his first time he would be going so far into the mountains, he wasn't exactly sure of what to expect. One thing was for sure, he wasn't leaving without a Druddigon.

Ax looked down at Trunks, she could tell he wasn't exactly enthusiastic about this trip. She dropped down landing beside the Turtwig. "Something wrong?" she asked concerned. "If you're nervous don't worry, I'll protect you." She said puffing out her chest but slipping as she does so. Ace laughed at her for a moment, "You mean you'll try to." he mocked. "Hey! I'm stronger then I look!" she yelled at him.

As they continued to climb Ax noticed something moving behind a rock on the side of the pathway. She ran over to it the movement turning out to be a young Lavitar. "Hiiii~" Ax proclaimed excitedly. "Hello," The Lavitar responded. "Ax, what is it?" C.J. asked, noticing the Axew running off away from the group. "C.J., I found a new friend." she explained.

"A new friend? Should we check it out?" C.J. asked Issac. The rock Ax was now standing on was in front of a pretty decent sized cave. The Pokemon Ax was talking to could be anything, it was hard to see from this view point.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Mountains

Ax looked down at Trunks, she could tell he wasn't exactly enthusiastic about this trip. She dropped down landing beside the Turtwig. "Something wrong?" she asked concerned. "If you're nervous don't worry, I'll protect you." She said puffing out her chest but slipping as she does so.
"Pffft. I don't need protection! Just not a big fan of long walks..." Trunks replied.

"A new friend? What are you talking about?" Issac responded oblivious to the Lavitar.
"Twig!" Trunks exclaimed as he looked up at Issac than ran to where the Lavitar and Ax were. "Hey! My name is Trunks!" He said to the Lavitar.
"Hello Trunks!" The Lavitar replied with a smile.

Issac followed Trunks to the rock they were on.
"Oh! A Lavitar! Awesome!" Issac got down on his knee to pet him.
"LAAAAAV!" the Lavitar yelled in fear, running into the cave. He had never seen a human before.
"Oh.. well should we fol-" Issac started as he looked back at C.J.

"TYYYYYYRAAAA!" reverberated through the cave loudly interrupting Issac.
"C.J.! GET OVER HERE FAST!" Issac called out as the ground began to shake. "Something is coming and I don't think it's friendly!"

He then looked down at Trunks and Ax. "I hope you two are in for a fight."
"Twig!" He said with confidence as he looked up at Issac, turning towards Ax afterwards. "We got this!"

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Hearing her chuckle before she spoke hit Shawn in such a way that he was unknowingly staring at her. Sammy was so laid-back, so nonchalant about what happened. In other words, almost the opposite of how he was. He wanted to take risks, he wanted to blaze his own path in life. First and foremost, though, he wanted to find his missing folks.

Having to sit and wait was excruciating for him, but he had to do it. He wondered how the others were doing. Kiki and Andy were probably having their own fun. He didn't want to interrupt them or trouble them with his injuries, so he was content with talking to Sammy. Maybe...

He realized that he was staring at her a little too long than intended. Feeling embarrassed, he looked out the window, clearing his throat. "Now I'm curious. Why did you come to the academy? What do you want to do with your life?" Shawn asked her, keeping himself focused on their conversation.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
C.J. Styles
Mountains

C.J. and Ace ran over to the cave entrance where Issac stood. "That doesn't sound good at all." C.J. said as another load roar came from the cave, shaking the ground this time. "Ace I'm going to let Ax try to handle this, be ready if we need you." he said to the Deino. "Dei!" Ace cried in agreement.

Another roar shook the ground, causing C.J. to stumble a bit. "Ax get ready, I have a feeling this is going to be a tough bat--" before he could finish the sentence A huge Tyranitar appeared in the cave's entrance. "This is it!" C.J. called out so the group could get ready.

The Tyranitar wasted no time in attacking. Obviously upset that something had scared it's young. She stomps her foot against the ground, creating a powerful earthquake that shakes the surrounding area. Showing her power and brute force. The Earthquake was unexpected and violent causing Ax to lose her balance and fall off the rock, she landed on her feet luckily and rushed over to C.J. waiting for a command.

I can't have her dig like my normal strategy, that Earthquake attack would cause serious issues if she was underground. I'll have to go with a straight forward show of power. "Ax, Aerial Ace!" Ax runs at the Tyranitar and her body becomes surrounded in white streaks. She jumps into the air, then tackles the opponent.

The Tyranitar, although not completely undamaged, barely moved as the Axew hit it. "This could be problematic," C.J. said looking towards Issac, "We'll have to attack as a team if we hope to have any chance." Not wanting to waste any time C.J. went straight into his next attack, "Ax use Dual Chop!" Ax dives at the Tyranitar, hitting it with her claws repeatedly.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Mountains

Issac watched as Ax went in for the first blow, barely even making a scratch.
I have no idea how we will pull this off..

"This could be problematic," C.J. said looking towards Issac, "We'll have to attack as a team if we hope to have any chance."
Issac nodded at C.J. then turned towards Trunks.
"Alright Trunks. As Ax is using dual chop, run up behind the Tyranitar and use razor leaf!"
"Twig!" Trunks said as he ran behind his behemoth of an opponent, whipping up a series of leaves. He shot the leaves at his back as Ax dove her claws in from the front.

This angered the Tyranitar even more. The two small pokemon were nothing but a minor nuisance to her. She quickly turned towards Trunks, using her tail to sweep Ax and sent a dark pulsating beam towards Trunks, hitting him directly.
"Twii..." Trunks said as he flinched trying to get back up.

"C.J... how long do you think you could keep her busy?" Issac asked knowing C.J. would see what he had planned.

Years

C.J Styles - Mountains

------------------------------------------------------------------

"C.J... how long do you think you could keep her busy?" Issac asked knowing C.J. would see what he had planned.

"I'm not sure," C.J. responded, "I'll give you as long as I can though." There was no telling how long his little Axew could distract something this powerful. "Ax use a combination of Dig and Dragon Claw. Keep her focused on you as long as possible." he commanded.

The claws on both of Ax's hands glow light blue and she does a backflip disappearing into the ground, using the dig to pop out with some height slashing at the opponent before tunneling under ground again and repeating the process over and over popping up in several different locations all of which kept the Tyranitar facing away from Trunks.

"Good, these will do. When Trunks is ready I want you so switch to Giga Impact. We'll hit her from both sides with two powerful attacks." C.J. told Ax telepathically. C.J. watched as the Tyranitar Thrashed about trying to hit Ax, barely missing her each time. Good it's working, she's distracted for now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
((Fifth times the charm trying to make this post...))

Sammy thought for a moment over Shawn's question. Why she was here at the Academy and what she planned to do with her life were, of course, tied up together. But the simple answer was that she didn't know what she wanted from the rest of her life - not in the focused way so many people seemed to expect her to answer that question. The majority of the time she was unusually at peace with herself for a teenage girl, but when she considered her future she felt adrift. A distinctly uncomfortable sensation for someone who had spent the majority of their life on the open ocean.

"I mostly grew up on ships," she admitted," so me and my Dad figured it would be a good idea for me to do the normal kid stuff for a while. You know, dry land, school, friends, trying to be best that there ever was... the usual. As for what I want to 'do with my life'... I don't know really. I don't know what sort of person I'll turn out to be in a years time, or five, or twenty. Trying to decide what I'm going to do with my whole life right now just... I don't know. It's daunting I suppose."

She shrugged and smiled again. "But for now, I'm happy to give the pokemon trainer thing a shot. It might work out."

siiadams

Years
Shawn nodded, temporarily forgetting he was hurting. Instinctively, he put his hand to his head and groaned slightly. He, too, wasn't concerned with what the future had in store for him. He had his own problems to worry about, he had a mission he HAD to complete. At least, a mission in his own mind. He needed to be ready.

He looked back to Sammy and smiled, "I haven't thought about it much either, to be honest. I've been...distracted, lately." Thinking about what she said about her past, he felt more comfortable around her. She mentioned a dad, but no mom. Maybe she knew what it was like...

Shawn looked down, not sure why he was feeling this way. He was feeling...unusual...he didn't know why.

Game_sloth

That guy
Years
  • Age 31
  • AL
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Issac Milke - Mountains

"Ax use a combination of Dig and Dragon Claw. Keep her focused on you as long as possible." C.J. commanded.
"Alright Trunks, while Ax is keeping him busy, charge up the most powerful solarbeam you can!" Issac followed up.
"Twig!" Trunks replied, opening his mouth to reveal the powerful beam building up.

Ax popped in and out of the ground, slashing the Tyranitar with dragon claw as he came up then going back down to get her from another spot which kept her attention away from Trunks enabling him to fully charge his solarbeam. As the charge hit its max potential, Ax popped up to get smacked by Tyranitar's tail once more, flipping back and landing with grace. She then turned her attention back to Trunks and shot a powerful beam of her own at him.

"Now!" Issac commanded.
"TWWWIG!" Trunks exerted as he released the intense beam at Tyranitar.
"AAAAAX!" Ax simultaneously yelled as she rushed at her with powerful force.

The two beams hit each other and as Tyranitar's beam was about to over power Trunks' beam, Ax hit her in the back with her dragon rush, dropping her to her knees, and leaving her vulnerable to the solarbeam.
"Tyyr.." she cried as she hit the ground.
"Yes!" Issac called out with joy. "We go-"
"TYYYRRA!" The Tyranitar screamed as she got back up.

No... this isn't possible..

Trunks and Ax stood together, preparing themselves for another attack, as the Tyranitar stood over them.
"Ra." she snorted as she turned away from them making her way back to her cave.

"Well.. I guess we win?" Issac said with uncertainty to C.J. before making his way to Trunks. "Good job, pal! Good job to you also, Ax! You two were amazing!" Issac patted the two on the head with a grin.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
"Distracted, huh?"

She had been about to make a wry comment about how, yes, running into allegedly haunted buildings to hunt living undead candles that burned up your soul and then receiving a headwound at the hands of an invisible force would be very distracting... but something told her that Shawn had something quite serious on his mind. Or maybe he was just acting strangely because of the knock to his head, but either way he seemed to be getting more intense. Probably best if she didn't let him go too far in that direction until the nurse had checked him out. Hopefully she wouldn't be too much longer, she still had to take her new Shuppet to a pokemon centre before turning in for the night.

"So have you been a trainer for long then?" She asked, completely changing the subject. Being subtle was not one of her skills. "Any Gym Badges under your belt, anything like that?"

Corphish, finally satisfied that Shawn was going to behave himself for the time being, scuttled closer to Sammy. Cubone was sitting on the floor next to Sammy's feet, his skull encased head dropping down towards his chest before quickly jerking back up. The poor little guy seemed to be all tuckered out from the days exertions.

siiadams

Years
It was Shawn's turn to chuckle. "I was never too big on being a trainer in the first place," he said, "My parents didn't push me in that direction. They believed that I should know how to battle, though, just in case. They even helped me catch my first pokemon." Shawn smiled as he thought back to those days. "Mostly, I'd practice battling wild pokemon. In fact, I didn't have my first trainer battle until I got here."

Shawn suddenly stood up. He was getting very uncomfortable with just sitting around. He had to walk a little, but he was still having a little trouble getting around. He walked slowly so as not to hurt himself.

Years

C.J Styles - LOCATION

------------------------------------------------------------------

We won? C.J. thought to himself. Surprised that it didn't take more of his Pokemon. He wandered over to where Issac was, "Great Job guys, felling okay?" "Axew." Ax exclaimed nodding. C.J. picked Ax up so she could climb onto his shoulder like usual. "We should get out of here before it decides to come back." he said to Issac, turning to continue up the path.

As he walked up the path he scoped out different caves looking for any sign of a Druddigon. He thought he saw one in a mid-sized cave but couldn't be certain, and without certainty he wasn't willing to risk heading into a cave at this time of night.

After a little while of walking there was a sign reading 'Volcano Ahead'. Simple enough, "Guess we're getting pretty close." C.J. said, another few minutes and they would be at a spot of the Island C.J. hadn't been yet, not that that was really saying much.

Back