• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

art&soul

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
art&soul
an art thread by Kinarii

So it's been quite a while since last I was here. A lot (and I mean a lot) has happened in that span of time, including large quantities of art. I figured I'd start over with a brand new gallery since there is so much new stuff to share!

For the new folks here who are unfamiliar with me or my art, I'm Kinarii (Kina for short). I am a long-time artist and old PC-er that drifts back here from time to time to share what I have with the nice folks of the forums. I almost never do fanart, and choose instead to draw and paint as a means of expressing feelings or some highly personal allegories, often using dragons and other things as symbols for real people. The most common media I use are pencils/colored pencils, watercolors, and good ol' Photoshop, but I've picked up just about everything you can think of, from pixels to sculpting/3D modeling to handmade books to animation and beyond. I just love art!

If you are interested in my work I also have a deviantART, a sketch blog, a YouTube channel, and a Newgrounds account that you can check out!

Hover over each piece for the title; click to enlarge. There is also more stuff throughout the thread that isn't in this post!

Last edited:
Years
I absolutely love the last two pictures. <33

I love your work, I see you use more than one material to make different styles. The first picture, were you using oil pastels? I used them before, and the texture looks very similar. =o

I WANNA SEE MORE ART. <333

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
That first one is colored pencil on illustration board. Pastels are something I have not tried (at least since elementary art classes once upon a time), but yes, I do enjoy many different media. That second one I did with coffee and felt-tip pens :3

The last two are messages of sorts to a special person. In truth, all this stuff here is about him, but those are manifestations of specific sentiments, and are meant to be a bit more special ♥

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Here are four more pieces for your viewing pleasure :3

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I absolutely love what you did with Creation- splatter's have always been my favorite, but this is just perfect! The flow is great and I must say it reminds me a bit of the Gulf Spill, though I don't know if this was intended or not. xD

Really great work, your skill with traditional mediums is to die for! I cannot wait to see more! >u<//

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thank you so much! Always nice to see commentary here :3

I love splatters, too. I plan to use them more once I shift back into watercolor again. The intent behind Creation was actually creation itself, as in creating a universe. It does look an awful lot like oil, though, now that you mention it X3

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
Hey! It's Kinarii! I don't think you'd remember me XD But I really love how you draw dragons. Really nice job.Your use of textures is fabulous :D

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks! And of course I remember you :3

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Here's some studies I did of birds in preparation for designing a phoenix character for a short film I'm planning. Already have one thing drawn up but I'll wait till I have more to post again.

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Here's a car I modeled in Maya for a class over the past few weeks. As usual, click the picture for all the lovely detail :3

Last edited:

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Sheesh, nothing changes around here, does it? >.>

Anywho, here's some more stuff!

Super low-poly model made to be a papercraft T. Rex mask. Photo of me wearing it here.

A character I modeled for the same Maya class as the car.

Another drawing of that dragon I had to get out of my system last week with some new Prismacolor pencils.

Some action pose gestures of a male character for drawing class (also with Prismacolor pencils).​

... Also, thousandth post! :3

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Your work is so amazing, I don't think "Amazing" describes how awesomely fantastic your work is O:
and your dragons are so cool! :3

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Thanks so much, guys! :D

@Touko - Yes, I did (with Prismacolor markers). I always use my own art in my sigs/avis and stuff :3

This guy here is from back in January. We had a big ol' snow-in for like half a week so I spent a couple of days designing and building a papercraft ♥

paperDragon.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey Kina!!

I always love your work and stuff, your sense of originality and imagination is amazing! d: So this is me, supporting you~!

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Yay! Thanks a bunch, Maddy! :3

Also, here are some more pictures:

These were done with French gray Prismacolor markers but I of course did stuff to them in Photoshop as usual.​

Last edited:

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024

Last night I felt utterly compelled to paint this, and just finished a bit ago. Been a while since I did a digital piece. As usual, hover for title; click to enlarge.​

Amaruuk

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Oh, PC. >.>

Herp derp. Here's something more serious - I'm working on this species design so I can model and rig one for my portfolio for when I graduate. You can read all about it in the full blog post these pictures are from. I did these illustrations with Prismacolor colored pencils and then used some Photoshop magic for the rest.

Years

Last night I felt utterly compelled to paint this, and just finished a bit ago. Been a while since I did a digital piece. As usual, hover for title; click to enlarge.​

I love this picture, PEOPLE LETS COMMENT ON SOME OF HER AWESOME WORK.

Well, I love the depth here, and how the feathers of the wing were given details. I would suggest a yellow or orange color to the beck, possibly the legs as well. It just looks a little weird without some color to it other than white, but maybe that's just me. xD I really like clouds. I might suggested to add some cyan and white colors, though. The clouds look faded out, and sorta looks like fog. =o

BUT YEAH, GREAT WORK. ~

Back