• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Open source?

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2012
So I can't find an open source repo of this software. That would be useful for anyone wishing to make a derived piece of software. I'd recommend a CDDL or BSD license. The GPL is yucky.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Every single line of code that makes up Essentials is readily accessible in the Script Editor (F11). Some of the original scripts that come from RMXP are mixed in there too (I don't know exactly which ones), and I don't know about the legality of copying those.

I don't know anything about licensing, and I don't know what kind of license the Essentials scripts could use. At the moment we're just going on the "please give credit if used/derived from" idea.

Back