• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Will Happen To The Anime Now??

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Do you think Nintendo will finally end the pokemon anime? I mean, we want a new anime, with a new character, interesting plot, not a ten year old boy (who's had about 800 episodes which is more than 2 years and is still ten)...

Anyway, what do you think is next in the Pokemon Anime? Brand new anime, that'll be like pokemon special/adventures? Or the same cutesy anime that people are actually getting bored of..?

What are your thoughts?

Let's just hope Ash get's killed by N in the Pokemon best wishes season 2 episode n saga...

Nintendofox3d

Watch Pokemon Cyclone Saga!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Lol, okay i'm pretty sure he won't get killed, but I just kinda hate ash...

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
Hopefully brand new anime. And yeah, make it like Pokemon Special (or make it an adaptation of Pokemon Special).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't think anything will happen to Ash :P

When Ash saw a Ho-oh for the first time, he wished that he could have a pokemon journey that would last forever, and that's what we got! >=D

Lol I'm kidding x)
I think Ash will go on and adventure the new region, Ash is a hardball and is difficult to get rid of :P

Altomare

Purupuru!
Years
=

I think Ash will go on and adventure the new region, Ash is a hardball and is difficult to get rid of :P

Ahh, we have a saying, "mahirap mamatay ang masamang damo" . Translates to "Weeds are difficult to kill". Although Ash is not a bad person (the proverb is often used to refer to bad people) he certainly is hard to get rid of :)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Ask yourself this. Do you think it wise to cut a source of constant advertising for your product? Would you benefit from losing revenue from DVD sales of Seasons as well as Movie sales? And finally are you okay with losing profit from all anime related merchandise?

Aside from the monetary standpoint, why end something now when the character has yet to accomplish anything of note or make much progression throughout the years? Instead keep the character and progress him work him into the trainer he needs to be. Ash and Pikachu are faces of the franchise, getting rid of them is pretty slim.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I don't think anything will happen to Ash :P

When Ash saw a Ho-oh for the first time, he wished that he could have a pokemon journey that would last forever, and that's what we got! >=D

Lol I'm kidding x)
Even though you are kidding, this is pretty much the reasoning we might get when we ask why the anime is repeated cycle (because no one wants to say it's for money even though everyone knows that).

The main character won't change that's why he travels in a party, so the party can change and he can stay.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ash will probably stay, they will keep Ash until pokemon dies. However, it would be nice to make a secondary season like Chronicles, but with diffrent people.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2023
Ask yourself this. Do you think it wise to cut a source of constant advertising for your product? Would you benefit from losing revenue from DVD sales of Seasons as well as Movie sales? And finally are you okay with losing profit from all anime related merchandise?

Aside from the monetary standpoint, why end something now when the character has yet to accomplish anything of note or make much progression throughout the years? Instead keep the character and progress him work him into the trainer he needs to be. Ash and Pikachu are faces of the franchise, getting rid of them is pretty slim.

You would think they would decide to do something about Ash's journey after 15 years....

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
You can't get rid of ash and pikachu that would be dumb just have to make him actually progress after 800 episodes and countless encounters with so many important trainers legendaries and having so many pokemon by now it's completely stupid to still have him looking so amatur by now ash should of been inspirational to all his rivals ash has 45 gym badges an orange island championship conquered the battle frontier yet the character is portrayed as if he got pikachu from oak last week

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
Ash for life. I'd like to see him matured some though. BRING BACK MISTY. I do really like Iceman's idea as long as there's no redundancy.

Years
Ash will probably stay until the Pokemon franchise itself dies.

I would like it better if they matured him a bit and not make him a noob again like what happened in Unova.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
I'm more for replacing Pikachu than replacing Ash. Ash starts fresh in all regions, but what's the point of starting fresh if his starter is Level 100? At least he should be Level 100, yet he still lost to a Level 5 Snivy, which should have fainted just from a Tackle. Nerfing Pikachu is just wrong. It makes the whole previous seasons meaningless if he's still weak and only wins the most important battle (except League).

Seriously, can't Pikachu just tag along as a friend, and not "Pokemon"? What's the point of having a variety of new Pokemon, if Ash's gonna use Pikachu and win all important battles. I've watched the Elesa gym battle recently, and I was surprised when Ash decided not to use Pikachu, only to use him as his third Pokemon. Not cool man.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I highly doubt that Ash will ever leave the anime, since it's basically his journey that the anime is all about. While I know a lot of people are getting tired of Ash because he's arguably pretty stupid most of the time, keeps forgetting type advantages, Pokemon he's already met, etc., and still manages to lose to newbie trainers despite reaching high ranks in various tournaments and such. But fact just is, the show is all about Ash. Giving the show a new protagonist would be like giving the anime Naruto a new protagonist, or Bleach, or whatever. The show may not be titled "Ash and his Pokemon", but it's still all about him.

And comeon, while a big chunk of the older audience would like to see Ash gone, he still appeals to the younger viewers, and they aren't really as judgmental, and don't seem to see continuous and repetitive mistakes as anything bad, and since the target audience of the show is the younger viewers, no way are they gonna risk it all by giving the show a new and more mature main character. If the demand is for a "cooler" show for the older audience, kinda like the B2W2 promo to appeal to more people, then I think it's too late. The whole franchise is already regarded by many as childish, so a reboot of the anime would most likely not help bring new fans to the franchise, unfortunately.

So yeah, don't count on Ash leaving anytime soon.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
i like Cilan. Brock...bleh. never really liked him. but i got all excited when i saw B/W season 2 and N! if they get rid of Cilan and/or Ash, i am gonna stop watching Pokemon FOREVER. Screw Iris, she's odd. i mean, WHAT trainer sends her NEWLY CAUGHT Dragonite out in a major battle against her RIVAL!?!?! I like Cilan 'cause he is interesting, he's WAY more mature than Brock, AND he DOESN'T go all ga-ga over GIRLS like BROCK did *shudder*. Also, i think Ash HAS matured in Unova. at least a little bit.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Everyone should bear in mind that Ash isn't the one writing the script making himself an ignorant trainer upon entering a new region. And replacing him wouldn't accomplish what you look for. It would just be a different person then after the next Generation then you have to ask yourself now what? If they have Ash leave then at least progress him.

i like Cilan. Brock...bleh. never really liked him. but i got all excited when i saw B/W season 2 and N! if they get rid of Cilan and/or Ash, i am gonna stop watching Pokemon FOREVER. Screw Iris, she's odd. i mean, WHAT trainer sends her NEWLY CAUGHT Dragonite out in a major battle against her RIVAL!?!?! I like Cilan 'cause he is interesting, he's WAY more mature than Brock, AND he DOESN'T go all ga-ga over GIRLS like BROCK did *shudder*. Also, i think Ash HAS matured in Unova. at least a little bit.
She was probably trying to prove a point to Georgia seeing as Dragonite is a Dragon type after all and Georgia is a proclaimed "Dragon Buster". Ash has matured in Unova? I guess this is after he de-matured after Sinnoh lol. Since I remember him being quite inventive with his strategies then, now you can't say that much.

Also too everyone posting, lets not turn this into another Ash centric topic. The question asks what happens to the ANIME yes that would be the series as a whole not just a single character.

Back