• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox - "A New Generation Revealed"

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
This so far has been the most detailed, logical conclusion about what Xbox means by a "Used Game Fee"

After thinking about it a while, an issue came into my head.

What's stopping anybody else in the room from saying "Xbox Turn Off" or "Xbox watch CSPAN" in the middle of someone else's game session? Is the Kinect really going to be smart enough to allow only one unique set of voice commands at a time per profile?

Oh, man. You should have seen the fit of rage my friend had when the Xbox One was announced. He was watching live over... Well, Xbox LIVE. That clown Yusuf comes on and says "Xbox go home", and his Xbox kicks him back to the dashboard home page. Hilarity ensued.

Honestly this generation of gaming is looking really lame, it seems like everything is just a rehash with better graphics all done for money.

Better graphics...? Eh, that's highly debatable, in my opinion. My PC has been capable of absolutely dominating leagues beyond the current gen and what I've seen of the next gen so far graphically, and my PC isn't exactly mind-blowing. The fact is that the Xbox One is going to be utilizing something fairly similar to a Radeon 7790, and we've all seen what a Radeon 77x0 can do. A big step over the R520-based X1800-XT like GPU featured in the Xbox 360, but not even close to impressive these days.

To put it short, I use a GeForce 660 Ti. 800 MHz is not competitive with 1250 MHz. :P

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Oh, man. You should have seen the fit of rage my friend had when the Xbox One was announced. He was watching live over... Well, Xbox LIVE. That clown Yusuf comes on and says "Xbox go home", and his Xbox kicks him back to the dashboard home page. Hilarity ensued.

Better graphics...? Eh, that's highly debatable, in my opinion. My PC has been capable of absolutely dominating leagues beyond the current gen and what I've seen of the next gen so far graphically, and my PC isn't exactly mind-blowing. The fact is that the Xbox One is going to be utilizing something fairly similar to a Radeon 7790, and we've all seen what a Radeon 77x0 can do. A big step over the R520-based X1800-XT like GPU featured in the Xbox 360, but not even close to impressive these days.

To put it short, I use a GeForce 660 Ti. 800 MHz is not competitive with 1250 MHz. :P

Yeah, I know/agree. 95% of my gaming since the wii/360/ps3 gen started has been pc only. Playing CoD and other games on my friends consoles after playing them on my pc was really disappointing...and not just because of graphics. I just don't see the point in this newest generation of consoles, and the Xbox One is a great example of why.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
And now analysts are telling stock owners for gamestop to sell after this whole thing.I hope to god things don't crash as hard as its looking like it will because the last thing the industry needs is a complete market crash to make consoles and their makers look bad and the phone side look all warm and snugly.I mean, if the main retailers(gamestop) close shop because the used game business dies, and in effect they die, then console sales will wane, as the mass confusion caused by all this DRM debacle will cause mistrust. In effect, this might just lead to MS killing themselves and boosting the phone market greatly. Hell, that might just be the plan for EA, but conspiracy theories are bad, so I'll just leave it at this.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And now analysts are telling stock owners for gamestop to sell after this whole thing.I hope to god things don't crash as hard as its looking like it will because the last thing the industry needs is a complete market crash to make consoles and their makers look bad and the phone side look all warm and snugly.I mean, if the main retailers(gamestop) close shop because the used game business dies, and in effect they die, then console sales will wane, as the mass confusion caused by all this DRM debacle will cause mistrust. In effect, this might just lead to MS killing themselves and boosting the phone market greatly. Hell, that might just be the plan for EA, but conspiracy theories are bad, so I'll just leave it at this.

To be fair, a lot of gamers didn't like Gamestop for monopolizing the used game business, so losing Gamestop wouldn't be a total loss to the community, and it shows that Gamestop failed to adapt to current gaming market that MS is going with the Xone.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
To be fair, a lot of gamers didn't like Gamestop for monopolizing the used game business, so losing Gamestop wouldn't be a total loss to the community, and it shows that Gamestop failed to adapt to current gaming market that MS is going with the Xone.

Its not so much that. Sony and Microsoft dislike used game retailers and have been trying to find ways to eliminate them from the market. Both making ways to block the usage of Used games sorta shows this. Both are wanting to move to more digital versions, which is both bad and good. Good as in you most likely won't have to rebuy a damaged disc. Bad, you have to be online in order to play as you don't have the actual game rather you are streaming the game from their servers. So if they crash you cannot play. (PS Network hack from a few years ago...couldn't play any downloaded game).

Both are trying to move to Online only titles, hell even Nintendo has more Online only titles coming out now. Sony and Microsoft, especially Microsoft have been releasing games with serial codes as well which cannot be traded in. Companies that do business with the two started doing this a while back. EA games has been incorperating 1 time use serial codes with their games for online play. If the games are returned and sold as used the owner has to go to EA games and buy a new serial code to use for the games, otherwise they cannot play online.

Many companies don't like stores such as Gamestop and have been looking for ways to remove them. Microsoft and Sony may be jumping in on the bandwagon so they can make more money for themselves.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Ladies and gentlemen, Microsoft has just announced an Earth-shatteringly innovative feature that will revolutionize the cocnept of videogames:

Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

Yes, your friends can now play YOUR games in YOUR console in YOUR house. AMAZING!

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

This thing is just a laughingstock.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
After everything I've seen... it's not too bad I suppose.

I mean, if I owned an Xbox One, chances are it would always be connected to the Internet, so the argument about DRM is pretty much moot in my case.

I've always preferred Sony products, so I've gotta say, I'm sticking with Sony for the next generation.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ladies and gentlemen, Microsoft has just announced an Earth-shatteringly innovative feature that will revolutionize the cocnept of videogames:

Yes, your friends can now play YOUR games in YOUR console in YOUR house. AMAZING!

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

This thing is just a laughingstock.
That is truly AMAZING! Who could do better than this really?
Nah, Microsoft went down. They are ruining themselves

Years
That actually seems like an opposite step to what has been mentioned so far. That article suggests they're actively encouraging you to not pay for games. What stops me from sticking ten friends down as family members and allowing them to play all my games?

I don't get how this helps them at all, but it seems great from a consumer point of view.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
Microsoft have severely shot themselves in the foot, this gen. The only purchases they'll get are the casual CoD and Fifa players who just hear the word "Xbox" and jump up with wet pants.

As long as Sony don't screw up E3, they've got this gen in the bag. Well, for the educated folk, anyway.

Berzerk!

Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Years
I personally haven't grown up with the Xbox, I was more of a Playstation person, Now if I cant find a good game on pc, that will be the only real time I would invest in a console. I too have been reading and discussing the Xbox One and I just can't believe that Micro$oft would do... wait I could... Windows 98... Windows ME, Vista... 8... It goes on and on the load of failures they've brought out...

-claps- Add a digital tuner into your Xbox? I already got a Digital TV... A inbuilt Kinect... from what I saw of it, it hardly worked as it is! Used games, borrowing/lending of games, GONE! half of the small game shops are going to shut down because they can't resell old games. No backwards capabilites? Well now you will have to constantly plug and unplug your xbox and your 360 if you want to play them

The whole having to be online stuff, yea we've heard it all... I just can't see how a company who has so much money can be so disconnected from their customers to the point where they will blindside them... Sorry my money is on Sony this Generation, the Wii U hasn't seen a big enough library, but with the release of these other consoles then maybe, the PlayStation had it's own issues with its online services, at least the actual console is reliable to use.

TLDD? Money money money, we want your money. I wonder if these high corporate ever think of us common folk.

Years
A comment on a video about xbox one!

d71c5888397f06cf45aaee78a055252e.png

I'm a bit apathetic towards the bashing that is rampant on Twitter right now, but I can't help but have a mutual disliking. However truthfully, I don't know enough specific details about xbox one to jump on the bandwagon and properly criticise it, but having knowledge of the fundamentals, I feel I wouldn't like it if it is to disable compatibility with backwards 360 games with a pompous need to remain online and connected the whole time whilst plugged in.

In a way, it's still early to title this the internet age. There are plenty of xbox users out there without online play available. The reasons are totally insignificant to the matter of fact, and it's a pity Microsoft was not careful enough to consider it. I still enjoy playing offline, and if I bought an xbox one, I'd feel I was being stalked from behind the screen in a way due to the requirement to stay ~connected~

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Also, new groundbreaking info about the Xbox One! It will be able to play- you'd never guess it...

BM1RqdECAAEIlc2jpg-large_zps5afd496d.jpeg

Back