• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#21 - Retype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #21 - Retype
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: Summer Match 2 - The Relaxing Retype

This week's task is to take a Pokemon and retype it into either Fire. One of Summer's known element whether it be the heat from the sun, or how it represents joy and happiness. And like the previous week and Summer match, you'll be given two colours that must be used again:

54gwl.jpg

Cinnabar & Goldenrod

Keep in mind that you are allowed to use any type of Pokemon AND dual-type Pokemon, but it's fairly obvious that you shouldn't retyping a Charmander into a fire-type. The goal here is to turn a Pokemon into either a pure-fire.

I expect some scratch work involved, so try your best.

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• No omits
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
  • You are allowed to post WIPs (Work in Progress) but please specify which image is your final.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 16 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
Good luck. If you have any questions & concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited:
Years
34fmv6c.png

It's a lot tougher to get the light from the flames right than I thought it was, nevertheless I'm satisfied.

Edit: made a small adjustment to the flame on his head so it looks slightly more natural.
Ugh I have no idea what's happening to my internet connection today.

Last edited:

danaxe

I long for kyurem powerz
Years
2wgwxhe.png

my first bit of sprite scratching ever
the eyes are coals btw
16 colours exactly
wonder what next week will be

Years
I didn't think this as through with the colours and all, so I've changed the theme. The goal now is to retype into a Fire-type only.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Ah, I didn't even notice the theme had changed. XD Luckily I was doing a fire-based retype anyway. :)

Anyway, here's Fyrefly (Yanmega). :D
291yhqe.png

I tried to make the fires 'insect-like', if that makes any sense, while still sticking to the Pokemon-like fires. It was pretty fun to do, actually. :) Good luck, everyone. :D

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
nmzzfb.jpg

Gold-plated lava hippo? Well there's something you don't see every day.

The rules state that we can use up to sixteen colors, and that if we choose to use transparency it won't count toward the color limit; are we allowed to use alpha channel transparency, or would that be considered an addition to the color count?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hello all, I'm proud to present my retyped Grovyle & it's in palette limits even though it looks complicated. Yes, no transparency for this one, I'm just lazy to do it, haha.

142zak2.jpg

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Of course I would pick a horse to re-type. I present...Fire Keldeo.

FireKeldeo.png

15 colors + transparency. The fire mane and tail are from scratch, save for the palette which was taken from BW Rapidash. The rest of the palette is custom and includes the contest colors.

Years
I would imagine alpha channels wouldn't be an addition to the colour count.
White, Black and Grey all counts as colours. However, the colour of your background whether it be transparent or another colour will not count towards the sprite's colour count.

Last edited:

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Here's my entry:
ezbyi.png

It's a mysterious, superpowerful being found dwelling in the middle of a volcano. (Or it's just a Ferrothorn that caught fire)

Years
Tried to do something more interesting, failed, decided to keep it simple

Edit: Slightly changed the flame

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Here's my entry, it's about 10 colours.
Palletes taken from other Pokemon.
picture.php

Wooper!
Aw, I don't like this, but well.

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Everything except the body are scratched.
13 colors

RVPYE.png

Gliberty

Pro-Arrogance Party Member
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2013
i got a feeling that elygem shereical ice and retribution will be in the top 3

What about Chesu's?

The sand replaced with lava was brilliant.

But, I also have to say that all of the entries are very good. It would be hard for me to select a top three with the amount of quality work ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back