• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't judge Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
z34853026.bmp

Years
Spoiler:

I honestly don't think that all stereotypes about states are true. I know people from Texas who don't even like country music. Everyone is different. Stereotypes are stupid things that people make up because they're too lazy to get to know a person or they were brought up with wrong viewpoints.

JoltIce

Eeveelutions are FTW
Years
You know there are stereotypes for nearly every state, right? Have you heard some of the ones about Kentucky? They say that we are always barefooted, don't have technology (including plumbing), and marry our cousins. Does that mean that it's all true? No. There's a lot more than that, but you get the point. There are stereotypes for each country, too. You just have to ignore it all.

I wish people didn't think that, I mean just because some lives in a different place doesn't mean they live so differently <_<

Oh wait, crap.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Who wants to be Alaskan, honestly?

ALASKA RULEZ!!!!111one!1eleventy!!111!11!11

Personally, I don't mind stereotypes in the least. Most people who say them don't even believe them, they can just be funny most of the time. Besides, you shouldn't even care what other people think. Hell, even I make fun of Alaskans with stereotypes and I live there.

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2024
WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.

...Um... your twelve. You should have just barely learned about that, not experienced it. Honestly. You're not even a teenager yet. Most folks wait until they're at least sixteen... well, in America. :[ Don't even start thinking about that, buddy. :l
who are you to judge you're only one
and you don't go to my school, if you did, you would know stuff you never knew before.0_o

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
People say New Jersey smells bad and is full with mean people who never smile and they like to speed going 80 miles an hour on the highway and all the girls are skanks who all flirt with your boyfriend or husband, and the guys are always checking out other girls even when they are with their girlfriend.
You got that mixed up. That's actually Arizona for ya. I would know, I live there. ;3

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
but I'm still a virgin. :(
profiles_facepalm_5831_325947_media.jpeg

I'd need therapy to pretend I never heard that from a 12 year old...

Before we go killing each other on state stereotypes and cause disaster, remember they are just stereotypes. What we learn because of Hollywood is 90% of the time fantasy, thus incorrect.

Also salamence33, one question: Can you tell me how Texas REALLY is if like the cowboy stereotype?

I mean, really, your school is rowdy, thus its not private, so I am assuming you have taken or are at least knowledgeable of Texas History?

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2024
I live in Texas
and it has three of the biggest cities in the United states Houston, Dallas, and some other place
and houston is one of the music capitals of the USA next to Nashville

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I live in Texas
and it has three of the biggest cities in the United states Houston, Dallas, and some other place
and houston is one of the music capitals of the USA next to Nashville

That's it? All you know is something you read and ripped off from Wiki? Baaad Texas :|

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2024
I did not

in 3rd grade I had to do a report on tennessee
and there's the fact that I live in houston :l

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I did not

in 3rd grade I had to do a report on tennessee
and there's the fact that I live in houston :l

And how does that excuse you from being educated with Texas History, supposing that you are 12 years old at least anyways.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
So when was the last time you played cowbows and indians? I was kinda hopin you could save ma a spot at tha next game.

Anyway that aside.

In my state you know what the main sterotype is? The main one is that we marry our cousins.

And im not married to my cousin... but there was this one time when i was drunk...

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
Years
I don't really see much stereotyping. Yeah, I hear people think Texans talk with southern accents... but some do. Just not all. And the reason for the cowboy movies for OP;

The reason for all the western movies and such is because of the history regarding Texas and the cowhands. Back in the day when Texas didn't have railroads yet due to expenses right after the Civil War, there were cowboys hired to drive cattle up north to the railroads and cattle markets. These cowboys did brave many long months of dust storms and weather during the drives. So as years went by and the true cowboy disappeared, they almost became legends - if that's the right word - due to the stories surrounding them. Stories become distorted through the years, and that's where movies come in.

The irony of these movies, however, is that the majority of the cowboys in them don't have a thing to do with cattle drives- which was their original and true purpose. =p

tl;dr - It's for cash.

Years
ALASKA RULEZ!!!!111one!1eleventy!!111!11!11

Personally, I don't mind stereotypes in the least. Most people who say them don't even believe them, they can just be funny most of the time. Besides, you shouldn't even care what other people think. Hell, even I make fun of Alaskans with stereotypes and I live there.

Is it true you kiss with your noses in Alaska? (I'm just kidding. Please don't be mad at me.)

To the person who made this thread, what gave you the idea to make this thread? Did someone on here call you a cowboy? Or ask you if you were into NASCAR-also known as "Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks" like some people think it is. I don't think that at all.) How is being called a "Cowboy" an insult?

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 6, 2024
And how does that excuse you from being educated with Texas History, supposing that you are 12 years old at least anyways.
because I go to a place called school
that's where I get an egimacation and get more smarticles

and to ^ when I went to florida I wore some shirts with Texas on them
and I heard little 4 year olds telling their moms "mommy is he from Texas, is he a cowboy?"

Ayselipera

When someone says Texas I don't think of Cowboys at all.
I think of hardcore republicans and oil.

And yes I know not everyone in Texas is a hardcore republican its just what comes to mind.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
because I go to a place called school
that's where I get an egimacation and get more smarticles

and to ^ when I went to florida I wore some shirts with Texas on them
and I heard little 4 year olds telling their moms "mommy is he from Texas, is he a cowboy?"
You go to school... And aren't you supposedly learning your History there? Your grammar sure doesn't make you sound "smarticles" considering Texas objectives enforce grammar and English in the 4th and 7th grade.

And please, even 4 year olds have logic. Just because you have a shirt with the Lone Star State doesn't mean little kids will think you are a cowboy. Especially if you lack the boots and hat and probably a cattle. Or are you enforcing that stereotype in Florida?

Years
Well then, not everything is big in Texas.

I literally laughed out loud. As in, I'm happy no one is home right now.

Anyways, yes, we know all Texans are not Cowboys.
Jokes are there because humor is the only thing that keeps us sane.

I'm from Arkansas and you don't see me whining about how everybody says we're rednecks. Even though in some places, like the area most of my extended family and my 2nd cousin on both sides lives, it really is like that. :D

No one but 4 year olds take those jokes really seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back